Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not sure if someone has answered this question already on this thread but with the whole relegation thing going on and Div 1 shrinking down to 10 teams, is it the next 8 teams with the best record on both sides of Div 1 that stay up or does it go 4 teams from each side?.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Star....I believe it is the top 4 from each side.......and then the 5th place teams playoff to stay in division one.....

Hang on then......If one team from Premier gets dropped and 8 stay....and there is a playoff for the 10th spot......what happens to the Division Two teams who get promoted? :confused:

Platinum

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are forgetting that 3 teams move to premier next year with the top team in Side A and B and the 2nd on each side playing off for a promotion game.

That leaves 3 from one side(3rd, 4th, and 5th) 4 from the other side (2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th), the two 6th place teams playing off to make the 8th team, one team coming down from premier and one coming up from Div 2.

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
F*ck I hate getting these shite results. Today we tied IFC Polonia, a team that played well, but did not deserve to walk away with any points. We have no one to blame but ourselves. We had all the possesion but our no one could find the goddamn net. Same thing last week against Akal! We totally outplayed them but couldn't finish. (not counting the goal we did score but an out of position ref missed). Three weeks in a row of disapointing results. Thank god for the Serbian tie and here's to hopin' that Akal keeps their streak going against westside.
In regards to Akal being the best team in Div.1........you do have to respect the 0 in the loss column. They will go up to premier but will need to sign some significant players to make an impact. Not that I think we'd fair any better! Akal are old and need more youth. I hope these old guys are not out on the piss tonight however cause they need to win against Westside!
On to Lobbans next week!

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thats what I thought it was but this is what I got from the vmsl site, kind of confused now. Because it doesnt mention anything about how the teams go down standings wise.

The last place team in the Premier Division standings will be moved to Division 1.

The top 3 teams (the winner of each group plus the winner of a play-off game between the two second place teams) in Division 1 will be moved to the Premier Division.

The next 8 teams in Division 1 will remain in Division 1

The bottom 9 teams in Division 1 will be moved to Division 2.

The top team in Division 2 (the winner of a round-robin play-off series among the winners of each group) will be moved to Division 1.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are forgetting that 3 teams move to premier next year with the top team in Side A and B and the 2nd on each side playing off for a promotion game.

That leaves 3 from one side(3rd, 4th, and 5th) 4 from the other side (2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th), the two 6th place teams playing off to make the 8th team, one team coming down from premier and one coming up from Div 2.

Thanks, Platinum. :thumbup: I knew I forgot something there.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Star #1 I think VMSL will re name the groups in a proper setup. BC Premier will be the premier league. Next will be div one and on. That would still put you guys in div one. I was told that the Fraser Valley guys will do the same. I am not 100% sure if the old man in VMSL will do the same. I just think some teams will give up and move on to over thirty fives because of all this. It will take a good side four years to get to the top league. And on top of it twenty five grand or more when they get to the top league. To me it just does not work. PCSL is in place well runned league. I just can not understand why are they doing this. The coast of play will be tomuch for most single clubs. We just might see many guys quit and go away from the game. Premier VMSL league is good this year, better than last five years. Fraser Valley League is getting stronger each year due to population shif and select program.
All they have to do is after Christamas have top four in Walley play top four in VMSL and Bottom six from each League do the same. That woul show who the best side is and than get that side to represent our Province in Nationals. Bottom six play for Premier cup in this Province. I might be wrong but select in youth program does not bring the best players out due to heavy coasts and only one side in A group per area. Club like Surrey could have three side very strong. If they do go with A BCPl than youth clubs must be runned by the same guys in orther to develop players for that level. Other wize teams will be folding due to poching of the best player by the upper clubs.

longball

Jan 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Never posted on here before, but have followed a long while, figured it was time to take the plunge..anyway..

Hurricanes 1
Bingers 0

The referee in this game was by far one of the best I've seen in a while in Div 1..he looked very fit and played advantage to perfection...(wish refs did this more)

Quite an entertaining game, Hurricanes had most of the possession as it seems they do in most if not all their games with wave after wave of attack, crossbar hit early on, couple reliable saves by the binger's goalie later on in the second, breakaways in both halves (which the Hurricanes seemed just not interested in scoring on, although credit to Binger's goalie again, as he was challenging them well and coming out fast)

Binger's defence did what they could with the pressure, and did pretty well to be fair to them. Very tough on Binger's by them having a very large team vs a much smaller speedy attack.

Binger's now see themselves in 3rd place 4 points back+1 game in hand of Hurricanes with an EXTREMELY hard match up next week vs olympics (who they lost to 4-1 earlier on), and games vs romania and temple

Binger's are a nice group of guys but I think they will fall a little short this year as Hurricanes have games vs Sporting and Chile (Hugely important game for both sides, looking forward to watching this one)

As for Olympics, I'm hoping I can make this game to watch vs Hrvat as I'm curious to see if Hrvat can play spoiler here and come away with a 1-0 or maybe 2-1 win, if that does happen..oh my the drama we will see in the final standings of Div 1 B...it would be Hurricanes vs Olympics, and from what I have read and been told there are no tie-breakers?

So they would have to have a playoff game winner taking 1st and promotion, with loser facing yet ANOTHER playoff game in a do or die situation for second.

More on the Hurricanes:
Having watched Hurricanes for quite a while now (and seen them play bingers+olympics both twice) I can flat out say Bingers from BOTH games vs hurricanes had little to none in terms of shots. The Hurricanes have some very speedy left back and right back and they just pounce on everything. That being said, the Olympics game the week before again they had ZERO shots.

Among those 4 games they let in a grand total of 2 goals, and 1 if I recall was 100% a defensive blunder .

Regardless, here you have a team that's let in 30+ goals this season, which what I am told the pretty much same line up as last year, but they've added a little bit along the way. (Side note didn't they let in 10-12 goals last season?)

I'm sure there are a few players on TTP from Binger's and/or Olympics that will probably chime in as well on how they are probably a bit surprised as well by the defensive effort put in by this team.

They've historically choked in the past but, dare do I say it...is this finally the year Hurricanes keep it together and play like they can? But look out...there will be that playoff game vs Div 1 A's second place! :p

And goodluck to the "train" as I'd love to see Hrvat force a potentially double playoff game.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The referee in this game was by far one of the best I've seen in a while in Div 1..he looked very fit and played advantage to perfection...(wish refs did this more)

At this point, I had to question the validity of the post as your eyes must have been deceived by the poor lighting at Newton Athletic Park. :D

A good first post other than the 'he looked very fit' comment.

Nobby Stiles

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Couldn't agree more. He is the best ref you can get in this league, we need more guys like this who understand the game and communicate well with the players. Some referees seem to view any dialogue with players as a sign of weakness on their behalf. I believe exactly the opposite is the case, good communication is one of the most important keys to success as a referee.

Quite an entertaining game, Hurricanes had most of the possession as it seems they do in most if not all their games with wave after wave of attack, crossbar hit early on, couple reliable saves by the binger's goalie later on in the second, breakaways in both halves (which the Hurricanes seemed just not interested in scoring on, although credit to Binger's goalie again, as he was challenging them well and coming out fast)

One flaw in your observations. Bingers had most of the possession in the first 25 minutes. Highlights were your far sidelines spectators getting quite restless and your gold booted striker regularly yelling "Mark the F#%@ up" at your defenders and midfield. Unfortunately we could not translate our pressure into a goal with most of our crosses and shots being struck directly at the keeper. We had a glorious chance unmarked in front of the goal off a corner but it was pushed up over the bar from right in front. Hurricanes had one good chance in this opening stretch where a collected rebound was struck from a sharp angle and grazed the crossbar.

Against the run of play the Hurricanes caught our defenders with a quick free kick that we were slow to react to. As the ball moved across the park a great diagonal run from the center mid combined with a perfect pass and a clinical finish gave the Hurricanes a 1-0 lead. Full credit to the Hurricanes for soaking up our early pressure and countering with a goal.

After the goal the Hurricanes continued to attack well with their great speed and skill. They run off the ball well and create problems for the defence with their pace. They carried more of the possession through the remainder of the game with the Army competing hard but struggling to maintain possession at times.

This game was played at a good pace with a high level of skill and a good spirit from both teams. Both teams battled hard but showed a great deal of respect for their opponents.

Binger's are a nice group of guys but I think they will fall a little short this year as Hurricanes have games vs Sporting and Chile (Hugely important game for both sides, looking forward to watching this one)

careful that you don't take anyone lightly, remember Nov 14th Romania 1 - Hurricanes 0

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, in fairness to longball, the lights at Newton suck and that shade of yellow is quite slimming on you. :wa:

Another great game in the middle last night though, as usual.

In terms of the rest of the match, I agree with Nobby’s assessment. Hurricanes are very quick / skilled and they carved us up in the first game (which could have been about 5 or 6 nil) but different story last night. We carried the first 30 and both the crossbar and the goal were against the run of play. Don’t think Hurricanes would argue with that. As noted, rest of the game was a good battle with the Hurricanes carrying most of the possession and creating a few good chances where Critter came up big. I think we whipped in about 15 crosses and free-kicks in the 2nd half but their back line was solid and didn’t really give up any clear cut chances.

Overall, I think the Hurricanes are the class of Div 1 B and their game would probably transfer well to Premier. Olympics have a good team and could get it done as well. Looking forward to the matchup next weekend. Hopefully we can keep 11 guys on the park as the 4-1 game was pretty even until the red.

As for us, we’ll have to win out and hopefully get some help to get into a playoff. Should be a good finish either way. Never thought I’d say this but, Go Hrvat!

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am actually a Group II free agent :D...gotta see what the remaining Primos are going to do...is the Army recruiting? :D

ASSMAN

Sep 9, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
F*ck I hate getting these shite results. Today we tied IFC Polonia, a team that played well, but did not deserve to walk away with any points. We have no one to blame but ourselves. We had all the possesion but our no one could find the goddamn net. Same thing last week against Akal! We totally outplayed them but couldn't finish. (not counting the goal we did score but an out of position ref missed). Three weeks in a row of disapointing results. Thank god for the Serbian tie and here's to hopin' that Akal keeps their streak going against westside.
In regards to Akal being the best team in Div.1........you do have to respect the 0 in the loss column. They will go up to premier but will need to sign some significant players to make an impact. Not that I think we'd fair any better! Akal are old and need more youth. I hope these old guys are not out on the piss tonight however cause they need to win against Westside!
On to Lobbans next week!
I know we deserved at least a point you say you had all the possesion and you did but after we scored the first goal we badly needed the three points and were trying to protect it.The only reason you guy's tied it was because of the big man up front that won everything in the air and we had problems containing him as a player who is 5'7 or 5'9 is not going to beat him in the air.I'm not at all saying we deserved all 3 points i'm just saying you didn't etheir.

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know the score in the Hrvat - Olympics game?

Caught most of Rino v. Akal and it was 2-0 Rino with about 15 min to go.

Bergs, I'll ask Nobby how much cap room we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0