Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know the score in the Hrvat - Olympics game?

Caught most of Rino v. Akal and it was 2-0 Rino with about 15 min to go.

Bergs, I'll ask Nobby how much cap room we have.

apparently it ended in a tie...1-1 or 2-2...trying to get confirmation on the score...but Olympics is trying hard to give Bingers and Punjab a chance to catch them...sheeesh

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happens if there are two teams tied with exact points at the end of the season? Does it require a playoff game or do they go to head to head tiebreakers?

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Food for thought......Hurricanes have 30 goals against in Div 1. Yes they have 50 gf, but without a back line shake up, they're gonna need changes to go up and make an impact. But what Div 1 team doesn't?

Good result for NK. Does anyone know the Akal vs Westside?

star #1

Aug 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Food for thought......Hurricanes have 30 goals against in Div 1. Yes they have 50 gf, but without a back line shake up, they're gonna need changes to go up and make an impact. But what Div 1 team doesn't?

Good result for NK. Does anyone know the Akal vs Westside?

2-0 Westside.

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK 2 VanOlympics 2

Funny game today at Beaconsfield. Hrvat was missing three out of four on the back line and their starting keeper but the players that played were up to the task. Adriano, who is on fire, opened the scoring tastefuly redirecting Salov's free kick at goal. VanOlympics were fortunate to tie when NK's sweeper miss timed his challenge at center to spring Frankie. Seeing Goose in pursuit never mind Conny burning over from fullback with 35 yards to goal Frankie smartly put on the brakes and crossed it over to another player who was being chased by the Gingerbreadman. McDirty came out of the NK goal only to have the VanOlympic's player whiff his shot off McDirty's leg knocking off a chunk of rust before trickling across the line. McStunning! In the second half McDirty went up for the ball and caught it only to have the ref say he tried to kick the VanOlympics player and awarded them a penalty shot. Shocking shite from a ref that was absolutely great on the day. When I asked him how and why a penalty is possible he said I'll tell you after the game to which I retorted " you better think up something good". In the refs defence he made up for it by awarding NK a phantom penalty with 15 to play. I couldn't believe the Vanolympics players had the nerve to complain after the gift he had given them. The ref swore it wasn't a make up call. I guess we can credit God then. There is something distant about that ref (calm black guy). Talented but lacking the human touch of say Captain Shamrock. Nobody in the park was happier than McDirty to see the penalty go in as he was starting to grow some decent goat horns. It was a terrible call but McD has quite a history. The penalty goal along with a couple of subs sped up the train and Nico found himself in cold where he beat the keeper only to have the ball bounce off the inside of the post. Anybody but the frightened late sub Branquinho would have buried the rebound from two feet out, but success scares him so he missed it. The ball then squirted over to the beast Lulic who blasted it from the six only to hit a defender. Game finished with no more real chances. Earlier in the first half Salov narrowly missed the goal in cold and the VanOlympic's Zaharia dipped one off the crossbar which was their only real sort of scoring chance besides the whiffed goal.

Can't wait for the cup draw tomorrow. NK is going into the Cup fearing no one. No one.

McDirty better sharpen up before next game as I want to keep alive our record of never conceding a goal against Sihk Temple (including one penalty shoot out) :D:D:D

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can't wait for the cup draw tomorrow. NK is going into the Cup fearing no one. No one.

Well done Watcher. Good result although it sounds like you could have grabbed all 3 pts. I hear West Van and Surrey Utd are running extra training sessions in case you guys get a full squad out for Imperial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0