Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter January 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazza10

Jan 21, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
2 HUGE games between the Green Devils and GN Sporting in the coming weeks, will bombastic and polonia lose their games and GN or Green Devils win and slip into the 6th spot? It should be fun

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those 2 GN vs. GDs games are big ones indeed. I would say Bombastic has the toughest remaining schedule, playing 4 of the top 5 teams. If either GN or GDs can win both of the 2 matches they are likely to get 6th spot. However, whomever ends up in 6th is going to have a very tough playoff against one of Chile/Temple/Cliff

Here are the remaining games in the 1A relegation battle:

Bombastic - Akal, Serbia, Lobbans, Richmond
Polonia - Rino's, Serbia, GDs
GN Sporting - GDs (x2), Richmond
GDs - GN (x2), Rino's, Polonia

Devo

Nov 1, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tight finish coming on both the A and B sides. Good talent jockeying for position for promotion.
Is the cup draw today?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cup draw is tonight. There is already a dedicated Imperial Cup 2010 thread in the VMSL forum.

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
NK never draws full squad. It will be an interesting finish to DIV 1. I think Punjab will finish above Van.Olympics. On the other side Akal first, with Rino and Serbia going to playoffs.

Not just Punjab, but most DIV 1 teams would have hard time competing week in week out with Premier teams. Picking up couple of players is a must.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
we don't stand a chance if I play the way I did yesterday... 3 goals should have been saved... i'm still trying to figure out the 40m shot out between my legs (I'm getting old for this sh!t)

Captain, got a question for you, if a goalie drags a striker who is on a break away but does not get the shot off, but the ball still rolls into the net... and the ref calls an advantage, how does the goalie not get at least a card, the excuse was that the ref didn't see the golie, first tackle and than drag him down... and when I say it took at least 4 seconds, I really mean it.. please do explain... this is when we scored our 2nd to make it 3:2 with about 20 to go

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
we don't stand a chance if I play the way I did yesterday... 3 goals should have been saved... i'm still trying to figure out the 40m shot out between my legs (I'm getting old for this sh!t)

Captain, got a question for you, if a goalie drags a striker who is on a break away but does not get the shot off, but the ball still rolls into the net... and the ref calls an advantage, how does the goalie not get at least a card, the excuse was that the ref didn't see the golie, first tackle and than drag him down... and when I say it took at least 4 seconds, I really mean it.. please do explain... this is when we scored our 2nd to make it 3:2 with about 20 to go

FCbycta, that's an interesting one. If a player on the field commits a cautionable offense and the ref plays advantage it is very easy to come back to that player once the play ends to give him a caution. In this case, with the ball going directly into the goal after the advantage, you can't send the keeper off because on a straight red card offense, advantage is NEVER played.....so since he didn't blow it down for the professional foul(last man I assume), and the ball went in the net.....he figured the caution wasn't required.

To be honest, that is such a rare thing but I suppose a caution could have been given......but not a red??????????? :confused:

That's my interpretation, FC, but I'm sure someone who has more than my Guatemalan Cracker Jack Badge could give the PROPER explanation? :confused:

Hi Rene :D

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
i was very puzzled, I thought he would have called a penalty and a red but he let it play, I suppose he did it as it was an interesting game with goals back and forth, he did state he also didn't see our player elbow a guy in the face?? Anyways, Lobbbans did win fair and square, 3:0 for them at half time (completely dominated us) second half saw us turn it around... it looks like the lobbas are coached by the mighty Randy now these days and are a completely different team from our last encounter

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who was in net for NK on the weekend is he the regular guy/ starter?

I don't think he was in net both games when we played him.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
i was very puzzled, I thought he would have called a penalty and a red but he let it play, I suppose he did it as it was an interesting game with goals back and forth, he did state he also didn't see our player elbow a guy in the face?? Anyways, Lobbbans did win fair and square, 3:0 for them at half time (completely dominated us) second half saw us turn it around... it looks like the lobbas are coached by the mighty Randy now these days and are a completely different team from our last encounter

I'm pretty sure Randy has been coaching them all season, FC? I reffed them early in the year and he was there. Perhaps they have some college/university players now? Who knows.....

flyingdutchman

Sep 6, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm pretty sure Randy has been coaching them all season, FC? I reffed them early in the year and he was there. Perhaps they have some college/university players now? Who knows.....

Nah, we're the exact same team as when we played them last time and as we've been all season...I do remember we played terrible the last time we played GD so makes sense he thinks its an entirely different team...

As for the play with our goalie, I think we all realized it should have been a red and I was surprised it wasn't. Not sure the exact rules but the ball went in so I guess the ref felt that was good enough...

BTW, Shamrock, what ref are you ?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nah, we're the exact same team as when we played them last time and as we've been all season...I do remember we played terrible the last time we played GD so makes sense he thinks its an entirely different team...

As for the play with our goalie, I think we all realized it should have been a red and I was surprised it wasn't. Not sure the exact rules but the ball went in so I guess the ref felt that was good enough...

BTW, Shamrock, what ref are you ?

I don't know how to answer that one....:confused: According to a recent poster, I am very fit and wear a bright yellow jersey which actually flatters me. I normally run with a limp, am very bull-legged, but am strikingly good looking at the same time. I can't see at night without my glasses but I do my best. I am sponsored by ADIDAS so I normally wear the Team Mundial turfs(KNVB, where are the new turfs? :mad: :D) with ADIDAS jerseys.......still working on the shorts.

If you play for Lobbans, I reffed you when you played GN Sporting at Dennis Elsom earlier this year.

longball

Jan 24, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
My goodness Hrvat's home field is very tiny.

I can't think if it is beneficial to them to have that as a home field, as many teams that come there are confused and not used to the play.

Or hard on Hrvat being that it is so easy to swing crosses/balls into the box with the field being ever so narrow.

thoughts?

watcher what is your take on that?

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess thats that! Div 2 for the Temple.:eek::eek::eek:

not so fast, let's hope Hrvat gets a full squad and takes the points this weekend against a desperate Sikh side...it looks like Cliff will overtake Chile for 5th with the amount of games in hand, Chile can make it harder for Cliff by beating Punjabs, but this is easier said then done...another exciting weekend for 1B!!!

bergamascho

Nov 16, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
^^^ You said it...this relegation mess will really sort the men from the boys so to speak...still a lot of soccer to play and still room for surprises. Remember the legendary run the Hoops made to win promotion a few years back? That was legendary...6'5"? Club I Champ? Care to reminisce? :D

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Temple's loss seals their fate. The excellent site has a mistake and has credited them with an extra win against Romania. they actually have 19 points from 15 games, and need to win out their remaining 3 games -- NK, Sporting, and Bingers -- Unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0