Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Results & Banter - Dec 2004/Jan 2005

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Capt. Shamrock.....what I think I you meant to say was Rent-a-Notch
We outbid Indo and Sikh by selling Keeper and Stranger as man whores.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notcher said:
Capt. Shamrock.....what I think I you meant to say was Rent-a-Notch
We outbid Indo and Sikh by selling Keeper and Stranger as man whores.

That's pretty well what I expected.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
CLUB IRELAND HIRES NEW COACH FOR REMAINING SIX GAMES

Assoicated Press

Club Ireland, which is currently fight for their lives to stay up in division one, has made a coaching change. Jimmy "Hurricane" Mulgrew has decided to step aside for now and takes over as director of player personnel. The coaching duties are now in the hands of TTPer, Burnro(Craig Burnham). We were able to reach Craig for a few words this afternoon at Sportstown, BC.

"I am really looking forward to this challenge for the remainder of the season. We have six games to make sure that we avoid any sort of playoff, or even worse, straight relegation. We have had a lot of inconsistency in our play this year and it is going to be my job to make sure these mistakes are cut down dramatically."

"The first thing I did was get rid of some of the cowards on the team. Obviously, the first coward who comes to mind is Stephen "Captain Shamrock" Burns. Watching him all season, I noticed his cowardly approach to every tackle and in general, every game. This guy is a has-been who never was. Let's get that straight. I even heard that he was called a coward in this great forum, while he wasn't posting. That pretty well sums him up right there."

"We have brought in the Polish Prince, 6'6" Tomas. I don't know how to spell his last name but I do know he is more handsome and a better footballer than Burns. Burns has taken the news well as he can now focus on his budding career playing the Lion in the new production of The Wizard of Oz. He is also going to be a part-time foot model. "

"With more commitment and fewer cowardly actions on the field, I'm confident we can get some results in the new year, to help us avoid that dreaded playoff game against PCOV. If it comes down to one game, anything can happen, and we just can't afford to be in this position.

AP

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's a tremendous improvement. Does this mean we can now look forward to streaming video of Club I training sessions and games? Probably best you got rid of burns when you did then...chances are he'd just spend the entire 90 mugging for the camera anyway.

Might I make the suggestion you don't let Lucvannipples pick your next sound track? I would hate to think things are going that poorly that the music could match your play.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Luc-Imyourfatha and I have put our differences aside once he figured out that I have nothing in common with Paul Gascoigne. Except maybe the 6 voices I hear in my head every day.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
As a bit of a budding reporter myself, I'm surprised the Associated Press didn't reach Stephen Burns to ask him whether or not he'd take this departure from Club Ireland as a end to his career and simply announce his retirement.

You've got to ask the hard questions, really.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Is this a pisstake? Captain Burns no longer at Club I???

Keeper: as a budding reporter, chase this story down for us.
ps: any new editions of the Corn...y Times??

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would never leave Club Ireland. I will continue to coach the women and continue with my administrative duties too. :rolleyes:

As for retirement, I've been doing that for the last 4 years

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So you will no longer play for the div 1 side? OK. Is this due to your inability to run? I assume so.

And yes, Virginia, there is a new issue (sorta) of the Corn...y Times. Great reading, good pics... It could be going to be a tv pilot soon from what I hear.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hardballz,

It's nice to see you guys signed Rick Titus. A quality guy. I'm sure out of the goodness of his heart, there's nothing better he'd like than to play with his buddies at Temple :rolleyes:

Happy New Year

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman,

Ya well Carlos wasn't doing the job back there and we thought Titus would do the job. Titus and I grew up together since way back and he was explaining to me that he wants to play with some old friends and have some fun kicking the ball around.....so here he is!

p.s.....word sure travel's fast or do you have an inside connection Sandman?

Hard Ballz

PENIS

Oct 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, interesting times again in the vmsl. If it's true (Titus), I say good on Temple.
I have some friends on Temple and understand some of their frustrations. Especially with almost twenty years in the league and six of them in Div 1. They have competed the last four years but a team always seems to stack it up.

When they found out their pool at the beginning of the season, they were confident they could compete with the fellas they had. Indo obviously weren't too sure, so they combined with another team, Akal. So you combine two teams to compete against one (whether it be temple, polonia, city) or Cliff. But that wasn't enough. They approached two temple players and tried to sway them over. One took the bait and made the transfer to Indo/Akal. One wasn't interested and stayed with Temple.

Temple were still confident that they could compete. They were more worried about Polonia and Cliff, than Indo/Akal. So of course, Indo was STILL not sure (even with combining two teams and pulling a Temple starter). So, they aquire the services of JJ (caps leading goal scorer) and Heald (former Caps MVP), "Sandman, I'm sure all these antics were all in good faith".

So If the rumour is true, good on them, it only levels the playing ground a bit.

Good luck to all in the new year, best wishes and good health.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Penis,

Why must your essay be so defensive? All I did was inform TTPers of a new signing.

Nonetheless, thanks for the behind the scenes insight. I never knew such things happened :rolleyes: How about researching Titus' pricetag. You can start by asking the AFC lads.

I write a one-sentence post and all of a sudden fcuk-up's like this guy come out of the woodwork. I'm waiting for Hemi and and the rest of these cowards who hide behind stupid names to make some ridiculous stories up as well.

It always comes back to JJ and Oliver.......I don't need to, nor will I explain our history with them.....You will never see them sign for a team where they don't have a connection. First and foremost they are mates and second, they're teammates. End of story.

Frankly, feel free to get all jacked up on typing unsubstantiated bullshit. It does nothing but soil the reputation of Indo soccer. Keep up the good work

PENIS

Oct 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman said:
Penis,

Why must your essay be so defensive? All I did was inform TTPers of a new signing.

Nonetheless, thanks for the behind the scenes insight. I never knew such things happened :rolleyes: How about researching Titus' pricetag. You can start by asking the AFC lads.

I write a one-sentence post and all of a sudden fcuk-up's like this guy come out of the woodwork. I'm waiting for Hemi and and the rest of these cowards who hide behind stupid names to make some ridiculous stories up as well.

It always comes back to JJ and Oliver.......I don't need to, nor will I explain our history with them.....You will never see them sign for a team where they don't have a connection. First and foremost they are mates and second, they're teammates. End of story.

Frankly, feel free to get all jacked up on typing unsubstantiated bullshit. It does nothing but soil the reputation of Indo soccer. Keep up the good work

Sandman,
I sense I hit a nerve. I apologize.

I never meant to offend you or anyone else. But let's clarify a few things.
First, it is not Indo soccer any more, It's Indo-Akal, give the other 3/4 of the team some respect.
Second, your post about Titus and Temple was not an info post, it was a dig, and every reader knows it. Read it again Sandman.

Third, all the guys on temple respect the talents of JJ and Heald. Never have they knocked them, in my presence anyways. Actually I think Heald's dad was having a pint with the Temple lads during the last Indo-Temple game, but whatever.

You say that JJ and Heald would not sign for someone without having a connection. I can understand that, and I respect them for that. But we all know that your history with them involved the indo bank account. So come on Sandman, let's all be real here, you're not really in the position to be talking about price tags. (lol)

Sandman, if my essay was defensive, than yours was fort knox. I think my explanation of events was fairly accurate.

"Fcuk ups...cowards", Sandman, take it easy. Take a week off, or kick your dog, don't take it out on me.

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Penis,

1)Hiding behind an alias and dishing out crap. To me you're a fcuk-up and a coward.
2)You are accusing me of taking "digs"? That's funny.....those in glass houses throwing stones?
3)Indo as in the community....not the soccer team.
4)Titus post was informative with a piss-take. After all, that is what this site is about. "If" he has signed then Temple has shored up their backline. But how this ties into Indo/Akal? I dunno. I never even mentioned $$$ in that post. Read it again Penis.
5)You really don't have a clue about our "history" with JJ and Oliver. Since you seem to be so envious of our past, I'll fill you in. I coached JJ during his youth years. Stevie and Didar played with Oliver during their youth years, and Oliver's dad was the coach..........That was a long, long time ago

Lastly there is a difference between Taking the Piss and flat out lying. Something that you and several others have difficulty realizing.

At the end of the day, crap will continue to be spewd, and fair enough, we've dealt with it for quite a while, we will continue to do so in the future. The major difference here is I can go up to Hardbalz' face and Take the piss about Titus. Can you do the same to me?......doubt it. :rolleyes:

PENIS

Oct 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sandman, obviously this took a turn into the worst direction. The comments originally made by you appeared to be a dig from my perpective.

ie. "I'm sure out of the goodness of his heart, there's nothing better he'd like than to play with his buddies at Temple

Anyways, I really don't care what Indo/Akal or Temple really do, but it seemed to me that based on Indo history, your comments were a bit hypocritical. I merely voiced an opinion so take it anyways you like.

Over and Out!!

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Way to stir shite up Penis! I think you got some ratings back for TTP as it was getting slow in here.

Hard Ballz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0