Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - September 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Septemberl 2006

Old grey haired coach? You must be referring to Sidewinder, Dave Arnold. :) Very unlike Dave to make a comment like that.........:rolleyes:

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sidelinewinder anyway. He was up and down that line all day. He was right at our bench, while we were vehemently protesting our goalie getting body slammed, making that comment.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

oh jebuz, watcher!!!! you made me blush

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

dezza said:
For now, you guys are correct however checkout:
http://www.takethepiss.com/forums/vmsl/12284-vmsl-premier-meeting-tonight.html
where you will see the League is trying to reduce the number of teams in the Premier Division. Their idea was 3 Prem teams down this year and only 1 Div1 team up. The Premier teams voted and passed it, but the Div1 teams voted against it. I believe the vote was defeated 6-5 and the story I heard was that the Blaze had sent a letter with an absentee vote of "whatever Azzi" wants. You guys may want to attend such meetings in the future if you have an interest in earning promotion.

Thanks dezza.
I would assume every team in Dvision 1 is interested in promotion......

If the league has two division 1 groups then you must promote the two top teams pure and simple. If the league wants to keep its current format in place while trying to reduce the premier teams to twelve, then four go down and two go up. They need to change the div 1 set up to one division only for the one season if they want to do it any other way and then go back the following season to the two division 1 groups once the premier division had been reduced.
This way you eliminate any play offs and your new format has been established over one season.

Cheers

Konk

Mar 25, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Why do they want to reduce the number of premier teams? 14 premier, 20 1st div., and 30 2nd div. seems like a good distribution to me. Any thoughts?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

To be brief, fourteen teams in Premier is far too many, T5B. The level of play has been reduced dramatically in comparison to the ten team premier division of old. The same can be said for first division and even second division as well. This is an attempt at returning to a more competitive system and it is long overdue.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

You also don't get a true champion of your league having 2 divisions at the apex of the structure. There should be a home and away division-wide competition to determine the champion and with the current setup, there's a home advantage in inter division play setting up a one-game, winner take all final.

Sidewinder

Feb 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Watcher;

I made the comment about returning to Div.2 not because you were loosing 0-4 but because of the way your keeper punched our player.I know your keeper denied that he punched him but our player says he was punched in the chest. He also said that his girl friend hits harder.

Anyway congratulation on last weekend,s win.

Looking forward to the re-match.

No hard feelings I hope.

Sidewinder

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

wow, here we go again, I have nothing to deny since i didn't punch him and for f0ck sakes, how did I punch him in the chest when he had his back to me....good fuken try

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

and hell, wtf, since we are on this, you talkin about a punch that never happened.......WELL really f.... classy to take me out in mid air by your player, I supose that is why he got a red, that is sooo beyond div4 my friend, especially when u r up 4:0 and it was a shame since I thought he was one of your best players on the field

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

FCbytca said:
and for f0ck sakes, how did I punch him in the chest when he had his back to me
Obviously, you must have given him a reach-around. :eek:

Obviously.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

oh yeah, i supose heh and next time i try to punch someone i'll make it really obvious and try to aim for their toe :p

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

You definitely sound guilty. A keeper throwing a punch, never!!!

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Sidewinder
No hard feelings. Just want to show you guys a much better game next time. Hopefully we will be very close in the standings at the time.
Your Pal
Watcher

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Richmond Fury
Bingers Royal
Shaheen Peg
Hrvat Westside
Canadians Club I

*Bingers and Richmond might just win and the Canadians could possibly tie Club I. NK could and Peg should win.

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
richmond fury should be a good game...either team could win but possibly tie

royal bingers look to possibly be close one way or porbably the other. someone could get a win or maybe a tie

shaheen and peg will play to someones loss, probably shaheens, but maybe a tie or a win for shaheen

Westside hrvat (cool gang name) should muck themselves to either a win, tie or loss, we never know in this wide open CFL game

club I canadians should be a doozy...overtime is my call

making predictions

manager....

Frozen Cleats

Nov 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
the manager said:
richmond fury should be a good game...either team could win but possibly tie

royal bingers look to possibly be close one way or porbably the other. someone could get a win or maybe a tie

shaheen and peg will play to someones loss, probably shaheens, but maybe a tie or a win for shaheen

Westside hrvat (cool gang name) should muck themselves to either a win, tie or loss, we never know in this wide open CFL game

club I canadians should be a doozy...overtime is my call

making predictions

manager....

Worst perdiction ever Manager. You just said that every team has a chance to win lose or tie. Way to stick your neck out there and make a call

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Frozen Cleats said:
Worst perdiction ever Manager. You just said that every team has a chance to win lose or tie. Way to stick your neck out there and make a call

I think that was the point... as a response to Watcher's "predictions" which he then gave alternative outcomes to at the bottom, thereby not really predicting anything.

I guess sarcasm doesn't always translate electronically ;)

colemanj

Oct 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am predicting an equal number of wins and losses this weekend, but as to the number of ties... too close to call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0