Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - September 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiser

Oct 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Binger's 0- Royal 0
I had no complaints about the officiating until this weekend, very one-sided. In the end both teams probably happy with a single point but I am still unsure why the obvious penalty was not called.

akal number one

Sep 23, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I dunno about u guys but we weren't content with the one point. Missed way too many chances, mainly missing the net inside 12 yards, and your goalie made a few nice saves. Only clear chance I rememeber you guys having was off a header that ur guy put into our goalies hands. The last 15 min I'd say we had about 10 corners as well. The ref wasnt even that bad, id say he called it pretty evenly..about the penalty u wanted , it was kinda iffy , could have gone either way.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notcher said:
Roundup from todays match at Beaconsfield. We score 10 minutes in off a good build up and then 15 minutes later from a top of the box "notch". Early 2nd half header off a corner makes it 3 nil and then we bury the game with endless possession. Bear in mind it was an avergae performance on our part. Man of the match.....NK Hairnet's keeper. Only man interested on the day. On to the Hoops and their amazing new signings.

Notcher,

Bet a little six pack of Heineken on the game? Maybe I'll get to ref the game. :D ;)

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
alikira said:
Notcher,

Bet a little six pack of Heineken on the game? Maybe I'll get to ref the game. :D ;)

Too rich for my blood...2 Pilsner tall boys from the singles bin and I'll consider it. After last year i've lost my gumption to gamble....

The Director

Sep 21, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kaiser said:
Binger's 0- Royal 0
I had no complaints about the officiating until this weekend, very one-sided. In the end both teams probably happy with a single point but I am still unsure why the obvious penalty was not called.

I dunno about that penalty either, your own guy said that it wasn't one anyways. I mean it was borderline, but thats just how it goes I guess. As for the game I'd say it was well played from both sides, but neither team could put away their chances. Yadda yadda yadda, thats all i gotta say till next week, Director OUT!!!

Kaiser

Oct 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Director said:
I dunno about that penalty either, your own guy said that it wasn't one anyways. I mean it was borderline, but thats just how it goes I guess. As for the game I'd say it was well played from both sides, but neither team could put away their chances. Yadda yadda yadda, thats all i gotta say till next week, Director OUT!!!
I was standing beside your coach right in front of the call/non-call and he even thought it was a penalty. That is why I thought both teams were happy with a point. Overall you guys were probably the better team on the day but I thought we should have had a penalty.Like you say yada,yada. I guess we will find out what we are made of this weekend against Pegasus

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
maze said:
NK is weak and will finish in the bottom 3 or 4 of the division. Less talk about some pathetic train that's going nowhere and more practice might help their cause.....

Oh, please. You guys hardly fcuking overwhelmed us in the first half. Your first goal was well-taken the second was entirely preventable. Five of us standing around watching while the great Notcher :rolleyes: scuffs his shot and it trickles in the net. We had our chances too so before you sign your contract with Barcelona you might want to have a rethink. Second half, not much too say about that, other than we packed it in pretty quickly. But we made our changes to get everyone some decent playing time and that is that. Btw, thanks for analysis, I'll be sure to file it under "utter bollocks" for future use.

O.k., that's enough posting for me. I'd better stop trying to liven up the season by talking and joking on TTP. After all, Maze says I need to get practicing so I can play with the big boys some day. Maybe if I train real hard I'll be as good as Maze. Oh, please God, let it be so.

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Oh, please. You guys hardly fcuking overwhelmed us in the first half. Your first goal was well-taken the second was entirely preventable. Five of us standing around watching while the great Notcher :rolleyes: scuffs his shot and it trickles in the net. We had our chances too so before you sign your contract with Barcelona you might want to have a rethink. Second half, not much too say about that, other than we packed it in pretty quickly. But we made our changes to get everyone some decent playing time and that is that. Btw, thanks for analysis, I'll be sure to file it under "utter bollocks" for future use.

O.k., that's enough posting for me. I'd better stop trying to liven up the season by talking and joking on TTP. After all, Maze says I need to get practicing so I can play with the big boys some day. Maybe if I train real hard I'll be as good as Maze. Oh, please God, let it be so.

I have to agree with the Maze your train is long overdue for a reality check and that's exactly what your going to get in Div 1.
I love your excuse about how you packed it in early so everyone could get some playing time........such a kind train!!!!
Maybe you won't have such a loud mouth next year back in Div 2.

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Five of us standing around watching while the great Notcher :rolleyes: scuffs his shot and it trickles in the net.
QUOTE]

It's about time somebody else recognizes the fact!....i am a legend in my own mind. I'm flattered anyone even knows who I am! Hardly a scuff btw.....one of the few times the ball went where i wanted it to. To say it trickeld in is to say your keeper sucks...when in fact he was your best player on the day. When and where were these chances that you guys had? A couple of half chances...but half chances need good players to finish them.

"Hardly overwhelmed" ....that's rich. Your insecurities are coming forth unprovoked considering no one said we overwhelmed you. Who were you out there Dapo?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh, fcuk, you sure told me, Stranger. I'll go cry myself to sleep now while the spectre of division 2 picks away at my brain. By the way, I didn't say we packed it in because we made subs. I said we packed it in after the first half, period. That's not an exuse, that's an admission, Einstein. We realize there is work to do and we plan on doing it while also trying to enjoy ourselves.

As for a reality check, take a look in the mirror. Jesus Christ, you sure as fcuk weren't Real Madrid out there. As for the train comments, I haven't made any and won't make any as Sunday's match was my first game ever with the team. But let's get something straight. They are all in good humour and are made tongue-in-cheek. And mostly they are made to be at least a little entertaining. Unlike your teams witless and humourless "we buried them with endless possession" and "another notch on the belt" comments. Get off your high fcuking horse and post something with a bit of humour instead of your "we're so good" bullshit.

Notcher, I was the good-looking guy playing defensive mid in the first half. The fellow who received a nice, hard shot to the nuts on the far side. I don't use those things anyway but it would have been nice not to bruise them.

The Ranger

Sep 5, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Get off your high fcuking horse and post something with a bit of humour instead of your "we're so good" bullshit

The Train to take top spot in Div 1 this season.

...how was that?

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Jesus Christ, you sure as fcuk weren't Real Madrid out there. QUOTE]

Dapotayto said:
We had our chances too so before you sign your contract with Barcelona you might want to have a rethink. .

Barcelona, Real Madrid?? Someone's got some serious La Liga envy. While I agree we're not as good as them I'd maybe put us on the same level as Celta Vigo. You were the defensive midfielder? I don't remember there being one to be honest...maybe its your spanish style matador defence. I can appreciate your attempt at humour and wanting to liven up TTP (god only knows it's needed), but let's leave the jokemaking to the big boys ;)

Stranger

Sep 28, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dapotayto said:
Oh, fcuk, you sure told me, Stranger. I'll go cry myself to sleep now while the spectre of division 2 picks away at my brain. By the way, I didn't say we packed it in because we made subs. I said we packed it in after the first half, period. That's not an exuse, that's an admission, Einstein. We realize there is work to do and we plan on doing it while also trying to enjoy ourselves.

As for a reality check, take a look in the mirror. Jesus Christ, you sure as fcuk weren't Real Madrid out there. As for the train comments, I haven't made any and won't make any as Sunday's match was my first game ever with the team. But let's get something straight. They are all in good humour and are made tongue-in-cheek. And mostly they are made to be at least a little entertaining. Unlike your teams witless and humourless "we buried them with endless possession" and "another notch on the belt" comments. Get off your high fcuking horse and post something with a bit of humour instead of your "we're so good" bullshit.

Notcher, I was the good-looking guy playing defensive mid in the first half. The fellow who received a nice, hard shot to the nuts on the far side. I don't use those things anyway but it would have been nice not to bruise them.
[/I]

Potatoehead...So angry???????? What gives. Do you need some gravol for your train sickness? I'm flattered that you consider me "The Spectre of Div 2 soccer"....that's huge.
Good Luck against the FURY this weekend. Why don't you come out and watch on Friday night I'll buy you a beer and we can talk about the good old times in Div 2.

Spectre.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks for the offer but I don't take drinks from Strangers.

Or how about this. We wanted more width during the game so we put on the Watcher with fifteen minutes to go.

See how easy it is Notcher?

P.s. Stranger, I'm not referring to you as the spectre of division 2. Maybe the spectator, but spectre, no. The spectre of division 2 is Father John, the ref. Obviously.

P.p.s. Will you guys stop spelling potato with an e. This is not Dan Quayle's grammar school.

maze

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
So sorry if the term "weak" was too harsh for you Dapotaytoe . Maybe I should have used the term "Average" to describe your squid. Chin up mucktard

Hope you feel better now. Take luck this weekend

I'm off to practice, you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0