Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - September 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GROUP A

Westside FC A
Burnaby Canadians A
Richmond United A
Pegasus SC A
Burnaby Fury A
Club Ireland A
Royal United
Binger's Army
NK Hrvat
Shaheen SC

GROUP B

Wickham FC A
Lobbans SC Hellas
Westside FC Rino A
Fiji FC
Cliff Avenue United
Serbian White Eagles
City FC Blaze
Sporting Punjab A
Sarajevo FC
Meraloma SC

These are my final predictions for both groups. Anyone care to share, or are managers keeping their players' lips sealed? Inspector? NO2? Dap, you're with the NK Train this year -- what do you think? Captain, all I know is that you think the Hoops will be higher this year -- what about the rest?

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Septemberl 2006

The "Blaze" is actually now the Delta United Valley Premier team so i see them doing much better than you show here Keeper. I would expect them to be in the promotion hunt at the end of the year along with Wickham and Lobban's.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Fair enough. It's difficult to go on anything but last year's performance and the little info one might have on other teams. For example, Cliff Ave has also gone through a number of player changes due to the large export of players to their Masters Div team.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Blaze,

Delta Metro struggled last year w/ consistency. I think they finished 5th in the FVSL Premier. Do the guys from City FC actually complement the group coming over? Or, is it a situation where the City FC team is staying mostly in tact, but will bring in some of the FV core to prop them up? If it is a situation where you're mixing a bunch of guys that have just been promoted from 2nd w/ a young core from the FV Prem side, I would argue that it isn't the strongest mix.

Seriously, even if it was an identical group as last year, they won't be a sure thing to earn that spot. Last year they weren't as strong as in year's past. Will be interesting to follow this, though. They have my support.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Keeper,

Yes, I have signed with NK for the season. I was considering O-35's until Watcher ridiculed me with minivan, baby and marriage jibes.

In regards to group A, I think you have the top four teams more or less pegged, although I think the order of finish may be a little different. I'm not sure about your Burnaby Fury prediction though. We played the Fury on the turf a couple of days ago. At game time we had four people there. They had about twenty bodies and had been warming up for half an hour. Ball work, stretches, tactical talk etc. etc. Game starts, most of our guys haven't even touched the ball or done a single stretch. Half-time, NK 1 Burnaby 0. With four minutes to go they scored a penalty shot from a handball which was not deliberate but one that Miro basically had to call. Now I'm not saying they were poor, far from it in fact. Just think you're a little off-base having them in fifth and us in ninth. Perhaps you have underestimated us. Anyway, Burnaby look to have a lot of new players, mostly young fellows it seemed to me. Good bunch of guys and think they will be fairly solid. We play Cliff Ave. next week for another tuneup.

As for Group B, I have no facking idea.

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dude said:
Blaze,

Delta Metro struggled last year w/ consistency. I think they finished 5th in the FVSL Premier. Do the guys from City FC actually complement the group coming over? Or, is it a situation where the City FC team is staying mostly in tact, but will bring in some of the FV core to prop them up? If it is a situation where you're mixing a bunch of guys that have just been promoted from 2nd w/ a young core from the FV Prem side, I would argue that it isn't the strongest mix.

Dude,

I believe it will be a Delta team with maybe, maybe a few guys from the Blaze of past in the mix. I realize they had inconsistency last year but they were fairly young and i think that won't be as much as an issue. After seeing alot of the BLaze games last year and playing against the sides that game over form the A side it is a fairly open group for someone to win. I don't think Delta/Blaze are a lock to win the group without a clearcut favorite in my view they are in the top 2 or 3 for the promotion spot. I hope they can do well here as i know and have played with some of the guys before.

Notcher

Sep 21, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Here it is, and yes i said it....

Group A final standings:

Westside FC "A" (i dont play for these guys)
Peg
Richmond Utd.
Mingers
Burnaby Canadians
Club I (middle table this year...go figure))
Royal (could easily interchange with Club I)
Shaheen
NK Hrvat
Burnaby Fury (the name alone gets them rellied)

Group B

who cares ;)

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Notcher said:
Here it is, and yes i said it....

Group A final standings:

Westside FC "A" (i dont play for these guys)
Peg
Richmond Utd.
Mingers
Burnaby Canadians
Club I (middle table this year...go figure))
Royal (could easily interchange with Club I)
Shaheen
NK Hrvat
Burnaby Fury (the name alone gets them rellied)

Group B

who cares ;)
I would only change the royals and the mingers,shaheen and nk hrvat.But thats just what i think......
I like your pic for 1st. a good game to watch between the 2 teams.
On the "A"side i think the serbs will not do aswell as you think.They lost one solid defender and also a good forward.
Westside,lobbans and cliff to viee for top spot,your kidding me with the wickham prediction right!

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

With a long summer almost gone and another winter season about to begin, I'm glad to see that Notcher hasn't changed his confident ways! ;)

There have been some interesting changes amongst the 'A' side teams and player personnel, so who knows how things will finish up...in the end, it could be any one of 4 teams this year; Westside FC 'A', the Idiots, ourselves (Club I), or Peg.

Peg have done extremely well to develop a young squad over the past couple of years, as well have the Idiots thanks to their relationship with Richmond Youth Soccer in being the feeder men's club for Select and U-21 players.

From what I hear, the remainder of the Westside Rino old guard have left Rino and joined Westside FC 'A' (formerly WFC Rangers), so they will continue to be a threat with their experience. For ourselves, I've been busy recruiting through the summer months and will be hoping that our new guys help us maintain a strong challenge for promotion.

Looking forward to kicking off the season next week, so good luck to all teams on the 'A' and 'B' sides!

Cheers,

Burnro

watcher

Oct 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes it is true. The Steam Engine has picked up a stragler at one of its stops. He goes by the handle of Dapotato. I don’t know if his signing is what has spurred on these ninth place predictions, but The Watcher can assure you it has not been done not in haste or desperation but with forthought and insight. You see if someone in there mid thirties is willing to come to a new team playing in a new/higher division to fulfill a certain roll it shows a passion for the game that an established team like NK can utilize (at least around the cooler). As far as you would be prognosticators go. I understand all the favoritism given to teams like Rinos and Peg as they have had huge success in the recent past. As far as the other teams go The Watcher is sure that at least four of them will not survive, an encounter with the Locomotive, intact. Some of the others will be taking a huge chance playing on the tracks. Hrvat will be nobodies doormat. You people just don’t know what kind of stars are on the NK roster. Have you ever heard of “Snakes on a Plane”. Well this is more like “Tigers on a Train”. Now that we have been given our old pitch back (Beaconsfield) with the best dressing room in the VMSL world, things are looking way up. Keep an eye open for a bunch of wounded Club Ireland boys hobbling back to Ditchmond after our home opener. Then I vote for a new round of predictions.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

hey now, i don't want to go back to dichmond ...

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I predict Wickham will struggle in their group if they field the team they did today. I'm sure they were missing several players but Club Ireland(missing at least 3 starters that I noticed) won 6 - 1.

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Well Keeper, here are my predictions for the two sides. I'll take Fiji in the relegation game!

GROUP A

Westside FC A
Pegasus SC A
Burnaby Canadians A
Richmond United A
Club Ireland A
Binger's Army
Burnaby Fury A
Royal United
NK Hrvat
Shaheen SC

GROUP B

Lobbans SC Hellas
Wickham FC A
City FC Blaze
Westside FC Rino A
Cliff Avenue United
Serbian White Eagles
Sarajevo FC
Meraloma SC
Fiji FC
Sporting Punjab A

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

GROUP A

Club Ireland
Pegasus SC A
Westside A
Richmond United A
Burnaby Canadians
Binger's Army
NK Hrvat
Royal United
Burnaby Fury
Shaheen SC

GROUP B

Lobbans SC Hellas
Wickham FC A
City FC Blaze
Westside FC Rino A
Cliff Avenue United
Serbian White Eagles
Sarajevo FC
Meraloma SC
Fiji FC
Sporting Punjab A

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

watcher said:
Keep an eye open for a bunch of wounded Club Ireland boys hobbling back to Ditchmond after our home opener...
Sounds like game on to me with that kind of predictions from our opening match opponents, the NK Hrvat lads.:eek:

Looking forward to our opening game after we enjoyed some well taken goals and lots of progress against Wickham 'A' today. As Alikira mentioned, we were missing three starters and played some of our Div. 2 'Cat' players, but everyone played extremely well against a disorganized Wickham squad. Always a great club to play against the Wickham boy's, but it appears their new coach has yet to get them organized on the pitch with several new faces lining up for their 'A' squad...not too sure how they'll fair during the season, but if they get things together, Wickham are always a team capable of beating anyone.

Hopefully all of our lads wear their double-thick shinnies this Sunday for the NK Hrvat match and then we'll see whether or not we hobble back to 'Ditchmond'!;)

Cheers,

Burnro

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

no worries I'll hobble with ya do dichmond :p where you guys practice so I can come and spy on you..... perhaps still at minoru??? maybe i can join you for a run, but don't try to recruit me, I'm no good anyways

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
[VMSL Div. 1] Match Day 1 - Sept 09/10 2006

MATCH DAY 1 - SEPTEMBER 08/09 2006

Group A

Richmond United A v Burnaby Canadians
Pegasus SC A v Royal United
Binger's Army v Westside FC (Rangers) A
Shaheen FC v Burnaby Fury A
NK Hrvat v Club Ireland A

Group B

City FC Blaze v Sporting Punjab A
Meraloma SC v Fiji FC
Cliff Avenue United v Wickham FC A
Serbian White Eagles v Lobbans FC Hellas A
Westside FC Rino A v Sarajevo FC

Gonna be quite a number of 'away' winners this weekend. Best of luck everyone.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

How many threads do we have for division 1, Keeper? Can we keep it in this one or do I have to go to the Division 1 Preseason September 6th 7pm to 9pm thread for this post?

Nk played Cliff Ave in another warm-up match last night. Final score: Watcher's Tigers On a Train 4 - Cliff Avenue 2. It was 3-0 at one point for the good-looking guys, then Cliff Ave. scored a couple to make it close before Nico notched an insurance tally with a couple of minutes left. Cliff Ave. have not left their senior team to the youngsters, as have been rumoured. They were a mix-n-match of old and young but with only one or two younger lads, to be honest. And they stated that this was their first division team. They definitely outpassed us on the night but our youthful legs were the difference I would think. Especially as we had about six subs to their two. Anyway, on to the real games this weekend. Good luck to all.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Quite suprisingly, since neither Keeper, Stranger, or Notcher have posted any predictions for Div. 1 'A', I'd better start things off, so come on lads, let's see what you all think about our opening weekend fixtures!

Richmond Utd. "A"
Burnaby Canadians

Pegasus SC "A"
Royal United

Binger's Army
Westside FC “A”

Shaheen FC
Burnaby Fury "A"

NK Hrvat
Club Ireland "A"

Good luck to everyone this weekend!

Cheers,

Burnro

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Burnro said:
Quite suprisingly, since neither Keeper, Stranger, or Notcher have posted any predictions for Div. 1 'A', I'd better start things off, so come on lads, let's see what you all think about our opening weekend fixtures!
Clearly you didn't catch the biting sarcasm of what Fat-potato was referring to. I don't surprise anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0