Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - September 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCbytca

Sep 22, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - Septemberl 2006

yes indeed me me me :D by the way doesn't Trece Verde have his own thread to write in..... Trece I guess you are not willing to play div 1 eh? I need some quality stopers OH and so i don't forget!!! thanks for the summer league, make sure you let me know next year too

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

They're all my thread.:D

Wouldn't mind playing at that level again, but realistically, I'm too old now. :D Besides, I'm off rehabbing my ankle again...:(

Definitely back in for next summer (and that Taterheed too, if he ever shows up:) )

Trece

Mastan

Mar 14, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money

wow , sporting punjab finishing in the bottom 3 in one prediction and finishing last in another ! if thats how bad everyone thinks this team is , you all are in for HUGE suprise this year !

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

i agree completely... they are pretty stingy close to the net... but their finishing is junk ;)

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Predictions

MATCH DAY 2: September 15-17, 2006

Group A
Westside FC (Rangers) A v Richmond United A
Club Ireland A v Pegasus SC A
Royal United v Shaheen FC
Burnaby Fury A v Binger's Army
Burnaby Canadians v NK Hrvat

Group B
Lobbans FC Hellas A v Meraloma SC
Sarajevo FC v Serbian White Eagles
Sporting Punjab A Westside FC Rino A
Fiji FC v Cliff Avenue United
Wickham FC A v City FC Blaze

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Most of your picks look good keeper, however I have a couple of different opinons.

Sarajevo FC v Serbian White Eagles
Club Ireland A v Pegasus SC A

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Westside FC A 2 : 1 Richmond United A

Richmond comes down in the first minute and hits the post. Then the ball roams around the Richmond half about 85% of the time. Richmond comes back on a counter-attack -- 1:0. Kickoff resumes play and Westside returns the favour -- 1:1.

3 minutes from time and May Day pops the winner on a scramble.

Easily, the ref was the Man of the Match. There was just so much he did (and didn't do) to yell about. Shocking performance tonight.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Who was in the middle, Keeper? I'm glad the ref wasn't mentioned in your last game. :D

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Not sure of the refs name in the Westside/Idiots game, but he had no idea at all. I'm guessing he's never played the game, or certainly not at any decent level. A div 2 or Over 30's ref at best. As for the game, it was a fairly one sided affair for long periods. Richmond could've been up 2 nil early, but were a little unlucky to have just the one. Westside scored 2 min after the Richmond goal and then could've had a few more, but only managed to score the winner very late. A game like that would've benefited from a good ref.

See you at noon, me'ol mucker!;)

inspectorwhodoesntnormallymakeahabitofslaggingrefsbutthisonewaspants

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Blakey:

Hate to tell you this sunshine, but we all get the same refs, whether you're playing yung'uns ball like you, or over 35'swith the geezers like us. There aren't enough of them to go around to stratify them like that.

Just look at what you've got to look forward to...

:D

Trece

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

trece verde said:
Blakey:

Hate to tell you this sunshine, but we all get the same refs, whether you're playing yung'uns ball like you, or over 35'swith the geezers like us. There aren't enough of them to go around to stratify them like that.

Just look at what you've got to look forward to...

:D

Trece

Not entirely true. Most refs rarely, if at all, ref in all div's. Once in a while you'll see a prem/div.1 ref doing a lower div, but rarely do you see a ref who normally refs lower divisions ref a higher division. IMO there are pleanty of good refs available at present in div.1 and higher. -Maybe the odd one that you don't wish to see.
My thoughts on the ref last night were that he was a little out of his league, and took loads of abuse. One of the players last night clearly swore directly at him from only a few yards away, and he chose to ignore it. So trece, there's no need to explain to me. I'm getting my games in 2cat now.:rolleyes:

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Billy boy said:
Lobbans 3 v Meralomas 0

BB
Well deserved. Pics to come.

Sad looking corner flags though...

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

alikira said:
Who was in the middle, Keeper? I'm glad the ref wasn't mentioned in your last game. :D
Last week I was biting my tongue regarding a certain play where a Binger defenceman acted like a goalkeeper and made a beauty save inside the six without so much as a sniff at a whistle. But as has been said elsewhere, it's water under the bridge. ;)

I don't know the name of last night's official, but he's been around for ages.

http://www.takethepiss.com/multimed...-WestsideFCA2-1RichmondUnited008_original.jpg

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Looks like Bobby J., especially with the pink shirt...:rolleyes:

Trece

Kaiser

Oct 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

You may have got the call on that one if the ref had'nt explained that exact rule before the game. I would have wanted that call as well.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Keeper said:
Last week I was biting my tongue regarding a certain play where a Binger defenceman acted like a goalkeeper and made a beauty save inside the six without so much as a sniff at a whistle. But as has been said elsewhere, it's water under the bridge. ;)

I don't know the name of last night's official, but he's been around for ages.

http://www.takethepiss.com/multimedia/files/7/2006-09-15-WestsideFCA2-1RichmondUnited008_original.jpg

Ah, the same play where the players hands were right in front of his chest/face when the ball struck him? Now I know what you're talking about. Granted, you were 100 yards away from the ball and I was 20......but you are probably right. :D ;)

machel

Jul 24, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

I caught the lobbans vs lomas game.
3-0 lobbans. the outcome was never really in doubt. the Lomas forwards couldn't generate offence againts a very strong looking Lobbans back four.

Burnro

Jul 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Club Ireland 1-3 Pegasus FC

A fairly evenly played match between a sleepy and mentally slow Club I and the young lads of Peg. Both teams enjoyed their share of possession and early chances, but nothing changed the score sheet until one of our defenders played a pass-back straight to the feet of a Peg striker who did well to get around me and cut his shot back across the goal...1 nil Peg at halftime.

We enjoyed much more of the possession early in the second half with Peg always threatening on the counter-attack...one such circumstance leading to a free-kick for Peg about 25-yards out. With none of our players yet fully awake mentally, no one decided to stand on the ball or set-up a wall...next thing you know, one of the Peg players steps up while I'm setting the wall on my post and and drives a beauty into the far top corner. Immediately from the kick-off, we went hard at Peg and soon after earned ourselves a free kick from about 25-yards too...Cino stepped up and cracked one around the wall and into the far top corner of the Peg net...2-1 Peg with 20-min to go. We kept Peg under pressure for the next 10-minutes and almost got our reward when JL turned a player and cracked one off the underside of the bar, beating the keeper, but seeing it bounce straight down and out. Soon after, we were denied a penalty after our wide midfielder broke through on goal and was bundled over by a defender...a very dodgy no-call. With a minute or two left in the game, with Club I pushing numbers forward, Peg caught us on a counter attack and they put in a third to finish us off.

Credit to Peg as they battled hard for 90-minutes and took advantage of our two mistakes...it sucks losing when you give away goals! I think they'll definitely be a top-contender to win promotion if they keep on improving and learning. Having said that, we can't wait for the return match at Newton as they are very beatable, as I'm sure other teams may prove this year.

Good luck to the Peg lads for the remainder of the season!

Cheers,

Burnro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0