Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - February / March / April 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: [VMSL Div. 1] Predictions, Results & Banter - February & March 2006

Freestyler said:
Gurps, it looks like everything should wrap up for Temple this weekend. Peg plays Lobbans @2:00 on Saturday and Temple plays Binger's on Sunday. Peg/Lobban's game should be great. I might just see you there, that is if your sticking around after your 12:00 Cat game at Hillcrest.

Yeah, we will stick around and watch. I imagine we will have a few guys out watching the match seeing as our Cat teams plays first.

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Bingers vs Temple

I understand if Temple win then they are promoted to Premier.

This is where Lobbans, if they really wanted to get nasty, could take advantage of a loop hole in VMSL rules. A rule in which I have always asked the VMSL to change but for whatever reason they have not. Maybe we need something drastic to happen for them to properly ammend the rule.

Lobbans could pay Bingers a couple of bucks to allow the Lobban club to coach.
Lobbans then gets a lot of their buddies from a Premier team, say Inter, for example to play as Binger players.
For argument sake, Bingers beats Temple.
Temple protests because Bingers used ineligible players.
Bingers is docked the 3 points, BUT, Temple will NOT get the win.
As the VMSL rule is now, the result of the game would stand, but Bingers would be penalized 3 points.
Lobbans would still have a chance to win Div 1.

Just a thought......

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Does that rule actually exist? That is very SHOCKING that the league hasn't changed that. Oh well, it gives the Lobbans something to think about....Show me the money!

Hard Ballz

Sep 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

whataboutbob said:
Bingers vs Temple
Lobbans could pay Bingers a couple of bucks to allow the Lobban club to coach.
Lobbans then gets a lot of their buddies from a Premier team, say Inter, for example to play as Binger players.

Except for 1 small detail. When referee's check team lists before each game, they "usualy" check the ID cards as well.. An Inters, or any other, players card would show the team they're signed with.. You'd need to get a real dodgy ref to let that one slide, but most of them are in div.2.
Anyways, I'm confident Bingers will put up a good fight as a relegation game is looming. If there's a little water on the pitch before kickoff, and Bingers play very physical for the full 90, along with home court advantage, it's possible they could end up with a result.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Inspector Blake said:
Except for 1 small detail. When referee's check team lists before each game, they "usualy" check the ID cards as well.. An Inters, or any other, players card would show the team they're signed with.. You'd need to get a real dodgy ref to let that one slide, but most of them are in div.2.
Anyways, I'm confident Bingers will put up a good fight as a relegation game is looming. If there's a little water on the pitch before kickoff, and Bingers play very physical for the full 90, along with home court advantage, it's possible they could end up with a result.

Actually, the refs can't stop them from playing. All we do is submit a game report that would obviously state that there were players playing who didn't match the cards.......It's the same as submitting too many sub slips......We just send them in and don't need to count them because the league decides on what to do with such problems......

It would be pathetic for a team to do that and that is probably why no one team has ever tried it hence the league hasn't changed it......I guess.......

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

There is always a first;)

Hard Ballz

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Honestly I don't think Bingers have a chance. Bingers is simply a good div.2 team, it has shown this year as they have struggled in div.1 Temple simply has more skill and speed. Knowing they can seal that premier spot should leave them giving it all they have. However, there is a reason you play these games, you never know.

The biggest win for Bingers this year was over Fiji 2-0 back in January. It must have a cold rainy day huh Hard Ballz??

After a bunch of the Lobban's players showed up at the Temple and Fiji game last weekend, I'm wondering if, and how many Temple players will show up at the Peg/Lobbans game.

Kaiser

Oct 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

We will definately give it all we have as we are in a battle to stay up. We are also a much better Sunday team rather than a Saturday team based on Rugby commitments but I think we are in tough. Last time we played we played very well, lost 2-0 but did not get a shot on goal. Wet field, over confident opponents, the return of Boogienights, who knows what may happen.

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Kaiser,

If Lobbans happen to lose Saturday, you will most likely be seeing a majority of Cat players playing against you Sunday.:wa:

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

I like Binger's chances at a tie. I'd pick their summer team to win :)

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Stick to Div.2 Cat Freestyler;)

Hard Ballz

The Big Boot

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

It's too early to tell what is going to happen. Big game for both the Lobbans and Temple and neither team can or should take it easy. Anything can happen on any given Sunday...or Saturday in Lobban's case. I'm sure Lobbans and Temple will come out hard in their respective games each looking to win but I'd expect the same from the Bingers and Pegasus.

So it's not over yet and no one can take the games lightly.

The div 2 cat players that seem to be posting in this thread might just be thinking too far ahead in assuming they will get a game in on Sunday against the Bingers...If the Lobbans have anything to do with it, they'll put forth every effort to ensure Temple is forced to field their strongest team on Sunday against a Bingers team that is motivated by relegation possibilities.

ps...anyone note that the Bingers are undefeated in 2006!!! :D

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Big Boot said:
It's too early to tell what is going to happen. Big game for both the Lobbans and Temple and neither team can or should take it easy. Anything can happen on any given Sunday...or Saturday in Lobban's case. I'm sure Lobbans and Temple will come out hard in their respective games each looking to win but I'd expect the same from the Bingers and Pegasus.

So it's not over yet and no one can take the games lightly.

The div 2 cat players that seem to be posting in this thread might just be thinking too far ahead in assuming they will get a game in on Sunday against the Bingers...If the Lobbans have anything to do with it, they'll put forth every effort to ensure Temple is forced to field their strongest team on Sunday against a Bingers team that is motivated by relegation possibilities.

ps...anyone note that the Bingers are undefeated in 2006!!! :D

MARCH 04/05

DIVISION 1 CUP SEMI-FINAL

IFC Polonia 2-0 Binger’s Army

Gurps

Mar 28, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Binger's game will be a tough one, they need a win to stay up, and anything can happen.

Last time Bingers played well on defence, but didn't manage to get any shots off, and that was the difference, but with relegation at hand, they will probably be alot more fired up this time around.

The Big Boot

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Dezza,

Good catch...I missed the cup game result. Nonetheless...they are undefeated in league play!! :D

Freestyler

Nov 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

Lobban's SC Hellas 4-0 Pegasus

Score doesn't reflect the game.

For a team still battling for a Permier spot, Lobban's came out pretty flat, Peg took it to them and nearly scored about 10 mins in. Peg were pretty much all over them until, a Peg player elbowed a guy, I believe in the face not positive right in front of the ref, instant red. Lobbans were able to score a header that resulted from the free kick. With 10 men Peg still controlled the play, however Lobbans eventually generated a few fast breaks an were able to put the game away.

Saw a bunch of Temple guys at the game, I believe their Cat team played at 12:00 on the other field at Hillcrest so some probably stuck around.

I guess it basically comes down to tomorrow were Temple takes on Bingers.

GHOST

Sep 17, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money

Freestlyer quotes the game pretty close. 4-0 was the score.:D I think both teams are looking for promotion:rolleyes: Binger's we have a truck load of beer just play the game like we did, don't carry the play and act like your not going to be relegated and win 4-0. :D
Drive to the game 5$
Wear your new jersey's 10$
Use tape to set up the nets 15$
Listen to freestlyler USELESS

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Lomas 2 - 1 Fiji

We're officially out of the relegation zone with todays victory. Good game on the turf at Cariboo. Great day for football. Should be interesting to see what happens at the bottom now. Fcuk, we can actually play when we have a full squad:D

NO2

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money

Anyone know what the tie breakers are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens