Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think Akal is done would be surprised if they put out a team this weekend
Are you able to provide evidence to this matter?
Or as usual, this just the usual regular speculative TTP type of comment. They are playing Romania. If Akal wins; ironically they will be out of the relegation zone as Romania and Metropolitan would likely end up with 0 points this round.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ps. it could also all be planned.. you know.... avoid Bingers and GN which are difficult for them anyway. Gather and recruit new players and start with an easy team. You know guys, everything happens for a reason. Rarely anythings is like it really appears.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Or as usual, this just the usual regular speculative TTP type of comment.
As opposed to your comments posted on here?

Give me a fcuking break.

Guess what? Despite your grandiose claims of TTP being dead without your contributions, the site does just fine without you. FFS, half your posts are of the cry wolf variety anyways...

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Actually Akal will be forfeiting all their matches until October 15. It's a protest against having to play on Thanksgiving weekend.

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ps. it could also all be planned.. you know.... avoid Bingers and GN which are difficult for them anyway. Gather and recruit new players and start with an easy team. You know guys, everything happens for a reason. Rarely anythings is like it really appears.

Yes, its all a big conspiracy. They have been resting, recruiting and training in order to play against the best team in B.C (Campo Shitlitico). @Soccer Coach you better be ready to have the game of your life on Sept. 30th.

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know what would happen if Akal dropped out? Would they bring a team up from Div.2 for this season? or would they let it be and promote 3 teams from Div.2 next year? or would only 1 team from premier get relegated?

Does anyone have an answer?

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
As opposed to your comments posted on here?

Give me a fcuking break.

Guess what? Despite your grandiose claims of TTP being dead without your contributions, the site does just fine without you. FFS, half your posts are of the cry wolf variety anyways...
Yes... of course... the posts have to be...it is ancient technique (started around 400 years before Jesus)...you know..."trolling" is the most effective way of encouraging people to reflect on the way they think and act. Perhaps coincidental, perhaps unrelated, perhaps influenced..but Norvan has moved in the right direction.;);)

Sports and the social arena are not disconnected despite the attempt on those in power to separate them.
http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/20/sport/howard-cheerleaders-national-anthem-protest-irpt/

foursquare

Sep 27, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Does anyone know what would happen if Akal dropped out? Would they bring a team up from Div.2 for this season? or would they let it be and promote 3 teams from Div.2 next year? or would only 1 team from premier get relegated?

Does anyone have an answer?

I would guess that it would be left as is. Everyone gets 6 extra points. Their "team" would get relegated and then likely an extra team would move from div. 3 to div 2 to take their place.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would guess that it would be left as is. Everyone gets 6 extra points. Their "team" would get relegated and then likely an extra team would move from div. 3 to div 2 to take their place.
4.8. The standing of teams resigning or removed from the VMSL before completion of the schedule will be expunged from the record as follows:

(a) If a resignation or removal occurs prior to the completion of the first round of the schedule, all results involving that team will be expunged from the league record.

(b) If a resignation or removal occurs prior to the completion of second round of schedule, only the second round results will be expunged.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
4.8. The standing of teams resigning or removed from the VMSL before completion of the schedule will be expunged from the record as follows:

(a) If a resignation or removal occurs prior to the completion of the first round of the schedule, all results involving that team will be expunged from the league record.

(b) If a resignation or removal occurs prior to the completion of second round of schedule, only the second round results will be expunged.

IT would be Fantastic if we could
EXPUNGE your paranoia from TTP

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would imagine that this would create a big headache for the league if Akal folds. The more I think about it the more I think that they would leave it as is for this year (its to late to do anything this year) and next year they would probably promote an additional team from Div 2 to Div. 1 and an additional team from Div 3 to Div. 2 or perhaps instead of relegating 2 teams to Div. 2 from Div. 1 they would just relegate one team to Div. 2 and leave all other Divisions as is.

I hope my rambling makes sense....

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
IT would be Fantastic if we could
EXPUNGE your paranoia from TTP
Yes, of course, it is very convenient to indulge in a mental place of fantasy and self deception.
@soccercoach is just an idea and a concept, and if it would not exist, then you would be having a Provincial B Cup in your hands now.

Here there are some who think of themselves, most notably you, wise on the matters of football, but this is not the case. Deep down you know that this is the true. Thus, your mind and soul have no other choice than abhor the one that reminds you of that hidden truth.

Let me ask you, how did you go to sleep knowing that a supposedly inferior team and inept coach had crushed your beloved team in just 20 minutes? How did you explain that?

I will tell you a secret. Those who really know about the game and are intelligent (and there are a lot in the TTP) do not bother to even reply my posts. They simply ignore them as they see through them and see their hidden meaning. Those who reply and get upset are the ones who reveal themselves for their ignorance and insecurity.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Akal officially folds it's definitely the worst case scenario for the league. I assume they would just implement a bye week and only relegate one team along with "Akal", who would then fold and an additional team from Div 3 would come up to fill the spot in Div 2. It makes the league look bad though, to have a bye in a top tier, not that this was within their control. Akal should have had the decency to inform the league of their inability to compete back in the Summer and this could have been avoided. Complete and utter disregard for the league and it's members IMHO.

I think ideally the league would prefer Akal to find enough players to limp through the season, but who knows. As for the theory that this is some how all a grand "plan," a forfeit costs $395 (fine, refs, field), thus making their current payable $790. Certainly an expensive "plan"...

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a lighter note, how about some predictions?

Bingers v Metropolitan
Bingers were comprehensive last week against SD and the smart money is on them during their early season swoon. Metro are yet to record a point and will be desperate to get something positive going. I'll pick against the favourite and say Students find a way to scrounge up a draw.

GN v South Delta
Well isn't this an intriguing fixture? SD are stuck in first gear and GN have yet to really get a run out after opening against Tigers, followed by last week's FFT. Tough to predict them and I think this could go either way depending which team starts the brighter. I'll say the Tsawwassen boys find enough early season desperation to claim all 3 points.

Campo v Rino's Tigers
MOTW. So much bad blood and, having lost to Rino's once already, Campo will be more than up for this one. Can the quality of Tigers show through or will Campo strike the right balance of tactics? Campo knocked off one promotion hopeful last week so they certainly can play. That being said I have to take the favourites here, though I am expecting some fireworks!

Rino's Fury v CCB Guildford
The league's feel good Div 2 upstarts put a helluva shock into NorVan last week, beating the promotion candidates 2-0. Meanwhile CCB were snapped into reality with a humbling 2-0 defeat of their own to Campo, so this should be a great litmus test to see where both teams really stand. I'd feel more comfortable picking CCB if they were playing at home, but I'll stick with them anyway on the road and say they realize they need to find a way to win games like this if they want to be taken seriously for promotion.

Romania v Akal
FFT. F*cking complete joke. On the off chance Akal gets their shite together and puts 11 guys on the field, I hope Romania pump 10 past them.

Rino's Van SC v NorVan
Rino's off to a solid start, but NorVan simply need this one after dropping points last week.

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
My predictions:

Bingers v Metropolitan

GN v South Delta

Campo v Rino's Tigers

Upset of the week

Romania v Akal

Rino's Van SC v NorVan

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a lighter note, how about some predictions?

Bingers v Metropolitan
Bingers were comprehensive last week against SD and the smart money is on them during their early season swoon. Metro are yet to record a point and will be desperate to get something positive going. I'll pick against the favourite and say Students find a way to scrounge up a draw.

GN v South Delta
Well isn't this an intriguing fixture? SD are stuck in first gear and GN have yet to really get a run out after opening against Tigers, followed by last week's FFT. Tough to predict them and I think this could go either way depending which team starts the brighter. I'll say the Tsawwassen boys find enough early season desperation to claim all 3 points.

Campo v Rino's Tigers
MOTW. So much bad blood and, having lost to Rino's once already, Campo will be more than up for this one. Can the quality of Tigers show through or will Campo strike the right balance of tactics? Campo knocked off one promotion hopeful last week so they certainly can play. That being said I have to take the favourites here, though I am expecting some fireworks!

The league's feel good Div 2 upstarts put a helluva shock into NorVan last week, beating the promotion candidates 2-0. Meanwhile CCB were snapped into reality with a humbling 2-0 defeat of their own to Campo, so this should be a great litmus test to see where both teams really stand. I'd feel more comfortable picking CCB if they were playing at home, but I'll stick with them anyway on the road and say they realize they need to find a way to win games like this if they want to be taken seriously for promotion.

Romania v Akal
FFT. F*cking complete joke. On the off chance Akal gets their shite together and puts 11 guys on the field, I hope Romania pump 10 past them.

Rino's Van SC v NorVan
Rino's off to a solid start, but NorVan simply need this one after dropping points last week.
Very good as usual! I could not agree more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0