Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL Div 1] Predictions, Results & Banter 2016/2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

MKLeveron

Apr 25, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
GN v South Delta
I'll say the Tsawwassen boys find enough early season desperation to claim all 3 points.
By no means am I trying to be one of those keyboard type Nazi's but South Delta is equal parts Ladner and Tsawwassen boys from what I remember. Just so happens the city sucks major dicks and field times have been an issue. I could be wrong though.

Calcio604

Dec 1, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, got to watch the Campo Atletico vs Rinos Tigers game and what a game it was. Campo Atletico looked asleep for the first 10 minutes with the Rinos Tigers going up 2 early. The first goal the attacker went 1 v 2 against the Campo Atletico defenders, a bit unfortunate that the blocked shot found it's way to the bottom corner. The second goal was a high ball to the back post, Campo Atletico defender loses out on the header and it goes back across to a wide open forward (perhaps the Campo defenders should have expected the header) for a tap in. Campo Atletico did not give up and began fighting back, maybe the Rinos Tigers became arrogant at this point. The high press seemed to give the Rinos Tigers problems as they would not stop trying to play out of the back, however the press was executed brilliantly and there were no passing lanes out of the back. They coughed up the ball and Campo Atletico pulls one back. Then a beautiful switch of the ball and the winger runs in for a clinical finish. 2-2 at half time. Campo Atletico came out in the second half and more of the same with a high press and the Rinos Tigers struggled to build it up. This time the small centre defenders were put under pressure with a beautiful free kick from half. A flick, scramble and goal. The tigers fought to get one back. Their talented striker dribbled around the top of the box and a clinical finish, although one wonders how the shot got through. Campo Atletico did not give up and in the 90+ minute gets the win. A beautiful pass out of the midfield and a wonderful top corner finish from 12 yards out. The Rinos Tigers are an extremely talented team full of young players, good coaching and excellent ball movement with perhaps some hired guns up front, however, their weakness is defence (find a defender to put on the payroll?). They are instructed to play the ball out of the back and with proper pressing cough it up. Campo Atletico has talented players in the midfield and up front. The defence gave up goals in the first 10 minutes, they did not break and their tactical defensive structure is impressive.

JP30

Feb 2, 2016
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akal management have spoken with Dezza and Smart Coach. They have been unable to sign enough players, but an arrangement has been met.

Akal will get a selection of 8 players from Rino's, and will be coming under the Rino's umbrella.

Could everyone please welcome to Div 1; Rino's Akal
@Rino's Hat oh how I've missed you x

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
I assume they are done I think 3 forfeits is expulsion. Rather pathetic they have so many players to choose from in Surrey
From the rules of the VMSL:

"4.5. Any team responsible for defaulting or cancelling a game will be charged with all the expenses incurred in preparation for such game as per Section 8.e. of the VMSL rules and Regulations. The Board of Directors shall have the power to suspend or expel any member club who has defaulted and/or forfeited 3 or more games in one regular season."
I assume that most people would assume that forfeiting three in a row is enough for expulsion. If they start now, they will skew the competition for the rest of the teams.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
On a lighter note, how about some predictions?
Campo v Rino's Tigers
MOTW. So much bad blood and, having lost to Rino's once already, Campo will be more than up for this one. Can the quality of Tigers show through or will Campo strike the right balance of tactics? Campo knocked off one promotion hopeful last week so they certainly can play. That being said I have to take the favourites here, though I am expecting some fireworks!
Yes, you were right there were lots of fireworks!

Campo Atletico 4 - Rino's Tigers 3
or heart and hard work can defeat skill and finesse
or street soccer can defeat academy soccer

I must admit that there is satisfaction in defeating the best team in the Division. Rino's Tigers has everything. The Tigers have superbly skilled and technically efficient players, well organized supporting management (...I would never see myself saying this...but Rinos has it), and one of the best (if not the best) coach in Vancouver.

I have seen Blaise coach many times youth and adults teams. There is no doubt that he is doing a great job with the players and teams that he coaches. Thus, I would agree with the TTP pundits that they were the favourites by far in this game, and are the favourites to win this league.

I must admit that we really wanted to win this game and that preparations for this encounter started many weeks ago. Information was gathered during the summer league. The way did their build ups and their weaknesses. As Sun Tzu stated, you need to know your enemy.

The game started at a frantic pace. With the Rino's players dominating possession and most of the attacking chances within the first minutes. They were so overwhelming that they were up 2-0 within the first ten minutes of the game. It felt too easy. The first goal started from a build up from the goalie. They moved the ball around and then penetrated through the centre of the field through combinations. A nice through ball got entangled with a defender and then landed in front of the striker who perfectly placed it on the bottom left corner.

The second goal was also the result of an well constructed build up on the wing. Numerical superiority on the wing led to a well placed cross. The striker won the header between two defenders sent the ball to the top of the 6' box. A running forward was placed gently again on the bottom left corner. Again an nice goal to watch.

As I shared many times, if there is something that Campo players have is not giving up under adversity. For many, this would be the end of a game. 2 goals down in ten minutes with a vastly superior team would make most teams to capitulate.

Campo proceeded to pursue the objective of suffocating their build ups and possession oriented style. It started to work, and the Tigers seemed to be perplexed and confused. They lost the ball under pressure in the midfield. Our winger dribbled by one defender and went in a one on one with the keeper. He placed the ball nicely near the post.

The second goal was also the result of losing the ball on the build up. This time the ball was worked thorough their defenders by a series of wall passes. The goal was beaten again on one versus one situation.

The tide changed. The Tigers had lost the control of the game were tactically outplayed.

I thought that they would change strategy, but for some reason they sticked to it. Campo suffocated them in their own half and unfortunately missed many goal scoring opportunities. They played the offside trap well, and caught our forwards at least seven times. However, eventually the goal was going to come and it came in the form of a scramble in the box after free kick. The game could have become 4-2 but their defenders and keeper made some really impressive interceptions and saves. One goal was ruled off-side and arguable the referee missed a penalty after a defender kicked our forward once the goalie was on the ground and beaten.

However, the Tigers are very good and with impressive ability a midfielder went back and forth between players in front of the penalty box. I do not know how he did it because we had 5 defenders and 3 midfielders in front of him, but he managed to kick the ball between the legs of one player and then ball went between two players and finally beat the keeper. A truly impressive goal. Without doubt the best goal that I ever seen in the VMSL against Campo. Truly gifted player.

This made it 3-3. Perhaps a deserved result. The Tigers did not seem wanting to win. It seemed that they were going through the motions, but Campo was the opposite. Kept pressing them and finally a goal came in the 90th minute.

A very exciting game. I am very happy for the players as they proved themselves and overcame a very difficult obstacle. It is always nice when you beat a good and superior team.

The referee crew did well. Perhaps they sent an experienced crew on purpose. We ended up with a lot of yellow cards as the game became intense. The lineswomen in our side call several offsides including the dissallowing of a goal, but I perceive that all of the calls were good. She was very professional. The only controversial call was the missed penalty, but perhaps the man in the middle was right.

In the fireworks of the battle, the referee had to sent both coaching/managers and players back to the benches. We could not leave the cement area, perhaps a bit of extreme demand, but I can see that he did not want the game go out of control.

After observing the last two games, I wonder. Is is possible that academies can not teach something that street soccer can? The desire to win even when you seem to be completely lost... How do you teach this in a controlled setting? Is this possible? or is it something that only the chaos and ruthleness of the streets can teach?

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
A top team is transferring players to take overAkal spot
We all all find out soon

Cryptic... more details on your source? It's not actually Rinos is it??? ;)

Either way Soccer Coach will lose it. For once he's right though, if they become competitive it skews the results. Think how big the 3 pts Romania just got from that fft at the weekend could be come February.

That being said it is better for the league that the games actually get played. As for speculation on who the "Top Team" transferring players might be, somebody mentioned that Akal were already loosely under the CCB umbrella?? I can't think of any Premier team who would send them players, maybe they have a relationship with Peg? Pacific and Tigers are also out that way, or maybe Dashmesh from FVSL?

robino

Sep 24, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akal knew before season even started that they do not have enough players. Selfish on their part to keep team in and not either sell their spot or let div 2 team(next in line) come up. Now after 3ffs they should face consenquences. I would not allow them to play. It is not in spirit of fair play or competition. Kick them out, ban them for a year, and let them re enter at div3.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money

Either way Soccer Coach will lose it. For once he's right though, if they become competitive it skews the results. Think how big the 3 pts Romania just got from that fft at the weekend could be come February.

That being said it is better for the league that the games actually get played. As for speculation on who the "Top Team" transferring players might be, somebody mentioned that Akal were already loosely under the CCB umbrella?? I can't think of any Premier team who would send them players, maybe they have a relationship with Peg? Pacific and Tigers are also out that way, or maybe Dashmesh from FVSL?

Would you mind explaining how it is better for the league to have the games played? The purpose of the league is to have competition. This is not Urban Rec. The three game defaults have critical consequences for relegation and promotion of teams.

For example, Akal will get points from some of the teams battling relegation and promotion. Akal will also give some yellow and red cards to other teams and will give injuries to other players. This is an statistical fact. This means that Romania and GN could avoid relegation or Bingers could win promotion due to the lack of responsability of Akal.

If it is upsetting, it is because of the good teams and people in Division 2. There are so many good teams who deserve to be there and could be doing a better job like Snipers, @MasterTATA, Vikings @gunners, Strikers, Harps, Burnaby Athletic.

I am telling you. So far I am finding that Division 1 has more skilled players, but the degree of intense competition and rivalry way higher in Division 2. The beheviour of Akal and Rinos (three teams under the same management) has diminished significantly the competition in Division 1 this year. I can not wait for the three Rinos teams play each other.

I am waiting for the decision more as a revealing exercise. If Akal is allowed to stay, then it is a sign of the inherent contradiction in the VMSL. Pretending to be competitive but not really being competitive. It will be a major plus for the FVSL.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would you mind explaining how it is better for the league to have the games played? The purpose of the league is to have competition. This is not Urban Rec. The three game defaults have critical consequences for relegation and promotion of teams.

For example, Akal will get points from some of the teams battling relegation and promotion. Akal will also give some yellow and red cards to other teams and will give injuries to other players. This is an statistical fact. This means that Romania and GN could avoid relegation or Bingers could win promotion due to the lack of responsability of Akal.

If it is upsetting, it is because of the good teams and people in Division 2.

As you'll note if you read my post I agree that them playing games would skew the table as teams such as Romania have collected 3 free points. I have not been shy in my condemnation of Akal and agree with @robino that they should have had enough decency to inform the league in the summer that nobody was at the helm of this ship and then they could have been replaced. There are several capable Div 2 teams who would no doubt love the chance to compete in Div 1.

Now that league play has commenced across the VMSL they cannot be replaced, therefore their removal leaves a bye in the schedule of one of the leagues top divisions which looks completely Mickey Mouse. Hence my assertion that the league would just like to have the games played. Again the financial consequences continue to mount week in week out for Akal so I think they are done (either by their choice or via the league just getting fed up) but some one was telling me they heard Akal intends to play this week. Can't say I am quick to believe that rumor, I suppose it could happen though.

Funny how after two forfeits this could all have been "strategy" on Akal's part, but after three forfeits they have irreparably affected the competitiveness of the league and must be eradicated. I wonder why the change on song? For the record that question is rhetorical, I have no interest in your rabbling, incoherent, youtube laden response. :bronco:

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
As you'll note if you read my post I agree that them playing games would skew the table as teams such as Romania have collected 3 free points. I have not been shy in my condemnation of Akal and agree with @robino that they should have had enough decency to inform the league in the summer that nobody was at the helm of this ship and then they could have been replaced. There are several capable Div 2 teams who would no doubt love the chance to compete in Div 1.

Now that league play has commenced across the VMSL they cannot be replaced, therefore their removal leaves a bye in the schedule of one of the leagues top divisions which looks completely Mickey Mouse. Hence my assertion that the league would just like to have the games played. Again the financial consequences continue to mount week in week out for Akal so I think they are done (either by their choice or via the league just getting fed up) but some one was telling me they heard Akal intends to play this week. Can't say I am quick to believe that rumor, I suppose it could happen though.

Funny how after two forfeits this could all have been "strategy" on Akal's part, but after three forfeits they have irreparably affected the competitiveness of the league and must be eradicated. I wonder why the change on song? For the record that question is rhetorical, I have no interest in your rabbling, incoherent, youtube laden response. :bronco:

There is a third option. Expelling Akal and then inviting another team. The league has the right to expel Akal after three forfeited matches. I am not sure if they have the right to fill a vacancy. I recall reading it somewhere. Perhaps they can invite back Surrey United or another club with a proven record. This would be the time to include a team associated with a BCPL franchise.

I just want that the VMSL becomes stronger and continues to improve reputation. If VMSL does not take things seriously, the FVSL can take their spot as the number one league in the lower mainland.

Akal has been a fixture of Division 1 for several years now. It is a regret that they did this and might go out this way.

Stringer

Nov 18, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money

Peg definitely does not have a relationship with Akal so it won't be any players from there. It may be the U21 team who played under the Akal banner during the summer tournaments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0