Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL D1] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
SB, again, NOT where I was going with that comment, we just hope to get to that game with a chance to move up and unfortunately, we don't have Norvan or Binger's any more, we've played those teams already...we have Richmond and Rino's who we are competing against directly in the top 5, as far a CHILE is concerned and OUR aspirations to move up, we are depending on other teams and we HOPE to get to the Rino's game with the best chance possible....sensitive sensitive...lol

I know, PD.......:) It will certainly be a great finish and the team who does come out on top will have really earned it.....like any team who gets promoted

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now, your quoted "much more even" implies you felt you dominated the second half, other than the penalty and free kick, see aforementioned dubiousness (don't bother, I googled it, it's a word) and a screamer of a shot from 20 odd yards that was well saved I don't recall you testing our goalie, pressure yes, corners... shitloads, but actual chances none, even in a 10min spell against 8 players. In our "half dozen" (I can use quotes sarcastically too) raids into your half we managed to create real chances, through both your exposed right wing with andre missing and that lovely soft centre you guys offer up week after week.

Next up, screaming at eachother... i think it was that screaming, let's call it talking loudly in a frantic period of the game, between our midfielders and between our defenders that kept us organised and kept you guys f**king the dog around the half way line. I'm glad you could remain a level tone in your voices as your league lead slipped away.

If you typed any of that with a straight face, well in my friend. Now give Nobby his glasses back! :)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watcher wats up we do't see your posts any more? There is lots of time to get some points. To all your boys all the best for Christmas and New Year.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Akal 3 NK Hrvat two. Nk woke up after Akal too a three zero lead. Nk could have tied the game. For some reason coach took out one of the best players in the second half. In my opinon could have been the reason for a loss. Reff was in total control and did a very good job. All by him self with out AR"s it is not easy in div one. Nelson and Anthony H played a solid game for NK. Nuber six scored two very nice goals. We did not even hear Wtcher on the other side. Normaly if Ref is not doing the job you can hear Watcher long ways.

hackshow

Aug 18, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 2-1 Richmond, tale of two halves...we probably had 25 shots on the richmond keeper and couldnt get one til late in the half, 1-0 at the break...get another one about 20 mins in top go up 2-0...another crossbar later on...then all of a sudden we shut off and started playing too defensive and sat back...they came at us, caught a goal with 2 left and kept trying to press but we held em off strong at the end. Good win, and after hearing about a 5-3 Chile loss (not sure if your keepers playin tricks on me, confirm PD??) this is good news going into the last few games.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan 2-1 Richmond, tale of two halves...we probably had 25 shots on the richmond keeper and couldnt get one til late in the half, 1-0 at the break...get another one about 20 mins in top go up 2-0...another crossbar later on...then all of a sudden we shut off and started playing too defensive and sat back...they came at us, caught a goal with 2 left and kept trying to press but we held em off strong at the end. Good win, and after hearing about a 5-3 Chile loss (not sure if your keepers playin tricks on me, confirm PD??) this is good news going into the last few games.

All true, we had shocker, Olympics made us pay quickly and often and we woke up too late to make it worth anyone's while. Olympics were up 5-0 before we mounted a fierce comeback attempt with about 25 left and scored 3 quick ones. We had the chance to make it 5-4 on a stellar play by Ray and Habil to set up Murtada, but the Olys keeper made an absilutely dazzling save which put on the e -brake on the bid. Those points might end up costing us dearly, but there are still some games between the immediate rivals and I don't think anyone is going without a fight. I was shocked with the Binger's score against Desmesh...man it's going to be an interesting finish...sorry Rino's, but, let's go Lobbans! pd

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was shocked with the Binger's score against Desmesh

That makes two of us...

Binger's 0 - 0 Desmesh.

Needless to say, frustrating result heading into the break. We had a number of key guys out through injury and holiday travle plans, etc. but I suspect Desmesh and most other teams were in the same boat. Even more frustrating was the fact that we played the last 60 minutes against ten men. At about 30 minutes we headed one that was labelled for the top corner. In Uruguayan (sp?) fashion, the defender slaps the ball off the post and out with his hand and is sent off. The keeper makes a nice save on the ensuing pk and we proceed to dominate the rest of the game without generating a goal. I think we hit three posts, including one off the inside, and had a number of chances that were either saved by the keeper or pulled wide. To their credit, the new look Desmesh side had lots of fight and controlled a stretch of the game in the middle of midfield, but definitely a missed opportunity for the Army. Looks like we'll need to win out and hope for some help to be a factor down the stretch.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
It looked like another upset in the making out at Newton tonight. The field was frosted over making it difficult for everyone to control the ball. First half was pretty sloppy all around with Lobbans perhaps having the better clear-cut chances as our keeps made 2 great saves off headers. Second half was a different story however, as we were showing more impetus going forward, and a change up top gave a real edge to our attack. We had one inswinging corner bounce off the far post, and then got the lead on a pk after a needless clumsy challenge by a Lobbans defender. After that things opened up even more, but the Lobbans keeper did well to save 2 breakaways and we blazed one over from 6 yards out after a nice setup in the area.

Captain with a solid performance as the man in the middle tonight.

Happy Holidays everyone :knvb:

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow, an odd weekend to say the least, good on the guys near the top who fought through some adversity to win their points, it looks like it's going to be a frantic finish...given the fact that their are some head to heads coming up within the top 4...I would not be the least bit surprised at a three or *gulp* perhaps even a FOUR way tie for 1st... I seriously enjoy posting and reading this group as there are some good posters and a lot of respect between the teams...as far as piss taking, I am no good at it, so happy holidays everyone and Viva Chile! :)

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you watch North Van Practices and you watch Westside Rinos practices it will be clear to all of you that the shape pays off when it comes to winning. All that hard running and working hard early pays off this time of the year. Chile is slwing down shape is getting worse and we can see it. Same goes for two other clubs I have watched. Coaches are forced to make five subs due to lack of shape.
Cliff Avenue side is working allot more on shape and you can see it when they play.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
If you watch North Van Practices and you watch Westside Rinos practices it will be clear to all of you that the shape pays off when it comes to winning. All that hard running and working hard early pays off this time of the year. Chile is slwing down shape is getting worse and we can see it. Same goes for two other clubs I have watched. Coaches are forced to make five subs due to lack of shape.
Cliff Avenue side is working allot more on shape and you can see it when they play.

Sorry Base, but your chronic assesments based on your obviously well trained eye are becoming cliches and quite frankly annoying, whoever wins Div 1 won't do it because they are in better "shape". The best squad will win out, teams play differente styles, some based on knocking the ball into space along the flanks, others prefer a possession game with less balls played into space, it really depends what you like and what your team's tendancies are AND EVERYONE goes through suspensions and injuries and on some days some teams look better than others due to those two little things that impact results on any given day.

Not to grill on you old timer, but I really f_king hate it when people make general comments defining teams based on assumptions and seeing them on occasion. Do you go to every Binger's practise? Do you go to all the Chile's practises?

I am sure Rino's and Norvan have phenomenal sessions, but coming on here and saying that their "shape" will push them through is a cliche if I ever heard one...we tied Norvan playing with 10 guys for 70% of our game and there was no issues with "shape", I am sure Rino's didn't beat Binger's because they were in better "shape" and we didn't lose to Olympics this weekend because they ran us to the ground.

This is all about who is better prepared and can impose their style on teams on a consistant basis, that's what's going to determine who wins out, so don't come on here and try and give the other teams a lesson on how great the Norvan and the Rino's sessions are (no disrespect to those squads, I am sure your training is fantastic and it's not my fault Base has used you guys as examples).

You really should just come on here and write " I really hope that either one of Rino's or Norvan wins out because I think they are the better squads based on their style which I think will lead them over the rest of the teams fighting for the lead"

I don't mean to rant but cliches are for hockey interviews and if I want one, I'll youtube a Ryan Smyth interview and get my fill there. I don't believe any one team in Div 1 is in better shape than others and I think posting such a generalization with a straight face requires a full fledged bitch slap, sorry old timer, that's MY opinion.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Decent it is Christmas I will stay away from staying negative things. Each club has twenty four guys to chose from. Few guys with cards and bangs should make no differance.
We all watch . We all can see guys that attack with direct soccer and fast counter attacks. It takes shape to do that. All said North Van and Rino side are in good shape. I have no interast in Binggers.
One guy cheep shots on regular bases. We old timers like guys that play with hart and come to play each game.
Come spring the two sides I pointed out will fight hard for promo. Chille can do it if they stay away from cards. Nk is far down to catch up. Binggers could do it if they add a central mid that can control the cirkle and spred the ball. Clubs have figured them out. Always plaing wide ball does not work out. D must jump up in to play more aften. We see gaps on the field. North Shore and Rino side will jump through those holes and reattack.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the record, Rino's training session last Thursday was held at the Sin Bin Sports Bar. All the hard work was lifting pitchers and tequila shots.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
For the record, Rino's training session last Thursday was held at the Sin Bin Sports Bar. All the hard work was lifting pitchers and tequila shots.

Ours is at Earl's lounge on Lougheed tomorrow, I am sick of running into Binger's at Sportstown every Wednesday so we are switching it up ;) those guys always cut into our drinking time cause they overplay by 2 or 3 minutes...lol

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Deceit all in good fun. To you and all the Chilain Boys all the best for Chistmas and a New Year. SmartCoach has been working vey hard this year. I just have a gut feeling twice a week over the holidays is just right to stay in shape. Kizer is begining to see it bit more clear. Look out North Van boys. These guys are serious. It looks like U21 is not in picture this year. A team is where it is at.
Mr Freeman sholom all the best. Kizer to and your mom all the best for Christmas and New Year.

Mr Base

Mar 14, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
SmartCoach are you guys practicing tomorrow. We need to send five guys to get fit. Make sure Kizer sends them for a fitness test. They can only do 1500 meters in 12 minutes. In my opinion golf is not tofar away. All the best!!!!!!!

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SmartCoach are you guys practicing tomorrow. We need to send five guys to get fit. Make sure Kizer sends them for a fitness test. They can only do 1500 meters in 12 minutes. In my opinion golf is not tofar away. All the best!!!!!!!

we are all shopping .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0