Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 [VMSL D1] Results & Banter 2010/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

anjin

Sep 21, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's quite the tinted glasses you've got on there Mr Stiles. When decisions against you are considered dubious and you feel decisions for are the ref redeeming himself, you may just be a tad biased in your outlook.

It was a foul, it was a penalty, but they were red cards also. Some clumsy tackles, nothing malicious, and not being 10 yards were the calls, all bookable offenses, unfortunately for us on players who were in the book already. The ref set a strict tone to the game early on and followed through with it.

I don't recall anyone telling the ref to F@*$ off though, although I do recall a stoutly figure traipsing up and down your sideline constantly taunting the ref when things were not going Bingers' way

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PD we missed you , you sent three of your under cover agents to text you the play by play.
Nobby Stiles also missed you .
He did not pay us the same compliments as you received when you played his team.

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
PD we missed you , you sent three of your under cover agents to text you the play by play.
Nobby Stiles also missed you .
He did not pay us the same compliments as you received when you played his team.

I was getting video text updates to be precise, got to see the Binger's free kick goal from the comfort of my bed :) Very nice shot!

Maybe its because I'm a nice guy(?) LOL

VALKYRIE

Jan 28, 2010
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey PD, i came to watch your game Sat. cause i wanted to see you guys play, and just gotta say, you guys have a very good Mid, and excellent talent up front, if there is a weak point in your team its the D. I was suprised that the game ended 2-0 but their goalie made some fantastic saves. Good luck its getting really tight at the top. :cool:

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
hey PD, i came to watch your game Sat. cause i wanted to see you guys play, and just gotta say, you guys have a very good Mid, and excellent talent up front, if there is a weak point in your team its the D. I was suprised that the game ended 2-0 but their goalie made some fantastic saves. Good luck its getting really tight at the top. :cool:

Thanks, its going to be a fun finish, one way or the other, the last game of the year vs Rino's looks like is going to be a huge one any way you look at it, but there are some good teams playing for pride, we are not taking anyone for granted, we are just looking to get to that Rino's game in the best shape possible, whoever goes up will be very deserving.

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anjin, thanks for the dose of objective reality. The fact that at least a few of your own players/staff questioned whether it was a foul and whether it was in the box might lead to an impartial observer such as yourself to conclude that the call was borderline (which I believe was Nobby's point). I'm confident your teammates and sideline wouldn't have questioned the call had it been at the other end. I'm happy to learn that a studs-up tackle after the ball is gone, while already on a yellow for a similar tackle is "silly," but not malicious. Also, glad that if you didn't hear your player tell the ref to f**k off, then it didn't happen.

Anyway, it was definitely a battle and you guys worked us pretty good in the first half. Objectively, the second half was "much more even" with Rino's crossing half at least a half dozen times and creating one good chance. As an aside, I thought the minor meltdown at the end of our first game with your players screaming at each other and one of them getting sent off was somewhat entertaining but nothing compared to yesterday.

Congrats on a big three points and good luck down the stretch.

GB.

Nobby Stiles

Sep 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thanks, its going to be a fun finish, one way or the other, the last game of the year vs Rino's looks like is going to be a huge one any way you look at it, but there are some good teams playing for pride, we are not taking anyone for granted, we are just looking to get to that Rino's game in the best shape possible, whoever goes up will be very deserving.

congratulations to either Chile or Rino's on their promotion
Norvan, Bingers and Richmond there's nothing left to play for but pride boys, it's a two team race now

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regarding Rino's victory over Binger's:

Nobby Stiles and Gloucester Boy are correct in stating that the foul was committed outside of the penalty area. As well, Andy Dunn's first half shot which hit the side netting actually beat the keeper short side from a tight angle, broke every single law of physics, and did a complete 180 degree turn before exiting via the gaping hole in the net which Nobby had just spotted with his eagle eyes and politely pointed out to the referee. I mean why else would Dunn start celebrating wildly? Surely because the ball had gone in the net! It is astounding that the referee would make two such egregious errors to the detriment of the all mighty Army.

Really though, did you guys ever consider that perhaps the comments about the pk foul being outside the area were merely an attempt to wind you up? Much like when Dunn went to place his own spot kick and was told to "take it from the correct spot." Shockingly, this ploy worked and he was unable to convert! However, that really is not giving enough credit to our fantastic goalkeeper who pulled off an excellent save, and thoroughly outplayed his counter part in Binger's goal who was doing his best impression of Dan Cloutier circa 2002.

As far as the sending offs, the referee called a tight game and didn't hesitate to caution players for anything that was close to the edge. The yellow card that Gloucester Boy received in the 1st half was not dissimilar to many that were awarded to Rino's. The only difference on the night was that after receiving a couple of early yellows Binger's adjusted their style of play, while Rino's continued to play an aggressive style which lead to 2 of the 3 ejections.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan, Bingers and Richmond there's nothing left to play for but pride boys, it's a two team race now

:D :D

Yes, you may as well pack it in now, boys, and mail the points in for the rest of the season. You can start getting the teams ready for your respective summer leagues while Chile and Rino do battle. Why don't they just start a best of 7 now? ;)

Be careful, gentlemen. Nobby is right.......I remember a certain Hurricanes team 4 years ago which had a 13 point lead going into the new year.........

Seriously though, it really is good to see a lot of teams in contention at this stage of the season. See you Sunday night, Dezza. :D

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regarding Rino's victory over Binger's:

Nobby Stiles and Gloucester Boy are correct in stating that the foul was committed outside of the penalty area. As well, Andy Dunn's first half shot which hit the side netting actually beat the keeper short side from a tight angle, broke every single law of physics, and did a complete 180 degree turn before exiting via the gaping hole in the net which Nobby had just spotted with his eagle eyes and politely pointed out to the referee.

dezza, all due respect but you should either head back to grade 3 for reading lessons or look into some glasses. I didn't claim the foul occured outside the penalty area. In fact, I was 10 feet away and honestly couldn't tell. The point was that it was borderline and I've seen good refs who aren't trying to be the show give a free kick on the edge of the box and leave it at that. Also, I don't believe Nobby claimed Dunner's shot was in. Simply that the ref was extremly officious when it came to checking cards, etc. but didn't seem too fussed that there were four or five gaping holes in the net which actually could lead to problems during the game.

If the Rino players we all talked to about the foul were all trying to wind us up both during and after the game, my compliments on your well-coordinated mind-games. Fortunately, as you know I am still friends with a few of the boys and not all of them are that lame.

As for our respective keepers, I'll just assume you are taking the piss. He did make a great stop on the pk and has looked pretty solid this year, but if you can find me a serious follower of VMSL soccer (player, coach or fan) that would take your keeper over Critter, that would be something to post about.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
GB, it was all a piss-take. Thanks for keeping up. See you back in Gr. 3. Maybe Nobby can switch his specialty to elementary and teach us both the multiplication table. Then at the end of the season (when it counts) we can add up all the points and see who gets promoted!

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money

Yes, you may as well pack it in now, boys, and mail the points in for the rest of the season. You can start getting the teams ready for your respective summer leagues while Chile and Rino do battle. Why don't they just start a best of 7 now? ;)

Be careful, gentlemen. Nobby is right.......I remember a certain Hurricanes team 4 years ago which had a 13 point lead going into the new year.........

Seriously though, it really is good to see a lot of teams in contention at this stage of the season. See you Sunday night, Dezza. :D

Captain, with things so tight I can't imagine anyone "pulling a Hurricanes" this year. The pressure is on week in and week out.

Sunday night in Surrey... I can't wait. It's going to be a cold one. Don't forget your mittens!

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
GB, it was all a piss-take. Thanks for keeping up.

Fair play then, guess I forgot what passes for humour in some circles, although the goalkeeping comment should have tipped me off.

Good luck next week. At least we know there will be a competent, if slightly hung-over ref in the middle of the park :D

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Also GB, I don't know who you're friends with anymore since you unfriended me on facebook :p

Touche'. It was purely tactical. Dunner is a facebook aficianado and insists on developing facebook pages and posting strategies prior to all of our big games, particularly vs. Rino. I am only partly joking.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Touche'. It was purely tactical. Dunner is a facebook aficianado and insists on developing facebook pages and posting strategies prior to all of our big games, particularly vs. Rino. I am only partly joking.

Well that makes sense. Afterall, he does spend 85% of his time hanging out with 15 year old girls.

anjin

Sep 21, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anjin, thanks for the dose of objective reality. The fact that at least a few of your own players/staff questioned whether it was a foul and whether it was in the box might lead to an impartial observer such as yourself to conclude that the call was borderline (which I believe was Nobby's point). I'm confident your teammates and sideline wouldn't have questioned the call had it been at the other end. I'm happy to learn that a studs-up tackle after the ball is gone, while already on a yellow for a similar tackle is "silly," but not malicious. Also, glad that if you didn't hear your player tell the ref to f**k off, then it didn't happen.

Anyway, it was definitely a battle and you guys worked us pretty good in the first half. Objectively, the second half was "much more even" with Rino's crossing half at least a half dozen times and creating one good chance. As an aside, I thought the minor meltdown at the end of our first game with your players screaming at each other and one of them getting sent off was somewhat entertaining but nothing compared to yesterday.

Congrats on a big three points and good luck down the stretch.

GB.

I don't think some of our players agreeing with you that the foul and location were questionable were mind games as Dezza suggested, we're just nice guys and wanted you to have something to cling to so you didn't feel too bad about losing. Credit to you guys (and this is genuine, sarcasm shall ensue later) it was an impressive undefeated run.

Back to questionable calls, I don't want to get into a back and forth here, but, the penalty you guys missed was a looping ball that fell down on our defenders shoulder/upper arm, quite dubious, and as for the free kick you scored, Cook was claiming to the ref he wanted a corner, he was surprised by the free kick. These weren't mentioned in the match report, as these calls can go for and against you week to week.

Now, your quoted "much more even" implies you felt you dominated the second half, other than the penalty and free kick, see aforementioned dubiousness (don't bother, I googled it, it's a word) and a screamer of a shot from 20 odd yards that was well saved I don't recall you testing our goalie, pressure yes, corners... shitloads, but actual chances none, even in a 10min spell against 8 players. In our "half dozen" (I can use quotes sarcastically too) raids into your half we managed to create real chances, through both your exposed right wing with andre missing and that lovely soft centre you guys offer up week after week.

Next up, screaming at eachother... i think it was that screaming, let's call it talking loudly in a frantic period of the game, between our midfielders and between our defenders that kept us organised and kept you guys f**king the dog around the half way line. I'm glad you could remain a level tone in your voices as your league lead slipped away.

But yeah, good game, two strong teams, great camaraderie, strong battle etc... good luck down the stretch ;)

Anjin

ps. Technical point here, I didn't say he never said f**k off, i didn't hear it, semantics i know, but there you have it

pps. Rino's Vancouver SC and it's affiliates would like to state that dezza's last post, with it's implied slur about the paedophilic tendencies of a member of the Bingers team does not represent the views of the club and are solely that of the individual

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

Not really what I meant, but I can see how it can be misinterpretted...from our perspective, we don't see Binger's or Norvan any more this year and any fool can see that there is gap between 1st and 6th and ANY way you look at it, it's going to be a big game (very much like the 1st round game was vs Rino's)...as will the Norvan vs Richmond, Binger's vs Norvan and Norvan vs Rino's...I think this thing goes to the last game, with us playing Rino's and Norvan playing Binger's that day... sorry for not considering other teams when referring to my team.

Right now it's a 4 team race and Richmond can do themselves a lot of good with two big games coming up against Norvan and then us, it could turn into a 5 team race for all I know, but believe me, from where I am standing, there was absolutely ZERO disrespect meant for any of Binger's Norvan or Richmond, or any of the other teams in Div 1 for that matter, but the standings are what they are.

All I meant was that in my opinion, promotion gets decided on the last game, and YES, I do hope that we are fortunate enough playing for it as we have some games against some teams that have nothing to lose and those games are dangerous and aboslutely must wins for us.

Good luck to everyone down the stretch and sorry if I hurt some feelings, cmon Nobby, I've declared the "Chile love" for Binger's how many times???!!!!!!!!

Jul 11, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money

SB, again, NOT where I was going with that comment, we just hope to get to that game with a chance to move up and unfortunately, we don't have Norvan or Binger's any more, we've played those teams already...we have Richmond and Rino's who we are competing against directly in the top 5, as far a CHILE is concerned and OUR aspirations to move up, we are depending on other teams and we HOPE to get to the Rino's game with the best chance possible....sensitive sensitive...lol

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fair play then, guess I forgot what passes for humour in some circles, although the goalkeeping comment should have tipped me off.

Good luck next week. At least we know there will be a competent, if slightly hung-over ref in the middle of the park :D

WTF? It will be the Saturday game which might endure that problem. :D Sunday I'll be raring to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0