Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier VMSL 2002/03 Premier League Results

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BURNABY 3- ACM 0

Very bad start for Milan with the goalie mishandling a weak shot allowing for an easy tap in by one of the forwards. ACM went one man down 9 minutes in, thanks to a player taking to yellows:confused: . Burnaby did well to hold off some of the Milan pressure and their last two goals came off quick counter attacks. They are a fast team and have some good skill out of the center of the park with little Gordie Chin distributing the ball .

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well said....

Originally posted by BJB
Inter squeaked by with a last minute touchdown to win today. :rolleyes:

Inter 7
Croatia 0

:(

Inter did beat the Croatia 'B' team.

Although, we did dominate, that is not the Croatia team I am used to seeing.

I hope they get some of their key players back, SOON...because from the opening whistle I'd have to say we worked harder in practice this week.

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notty Benched?!?!

The old bod wasn't completely up to snuff today so the bench saw a good portion of my ass today.

No worries on the bench as the game was well in had right from the get go. Although ACM may want to have a word with the chap who took 2 yellows in the first 15 min's! What the hell was he thinking!

Goals today by Dave Morris, Tommy Adamson and larsson. For those of you who are counting...7 goals in 7 games for larsson

Next stop MF!

~Notty

tps

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apprentice, BBY Canadians have good skill? Who's their coach, Alan Hinton? I felt like I was watching highlights of the Whitecaps in '77. For a team that is at the top of the table, they play rather poor soccer. Ironic actually, because they do have some individual talent.

Before you go on a slag fest on ACM, don't bother, the stats tell the story, no one is going to argue.

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dumb ass!

tps,

As you mentioned...there are reasons ACM is at the bottom of the tables...just as their are reasons why BBY CNDS are at the top of the tables! Coin the phrase...offence wins games...defense wins championships.

Take off the blinders mucker...because if you understood a fraction of the game soccer...you would be able to read between the lines!

~Nottywhothinkstpshastunnelvision

tps

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notty, very bad comeback, you did what i told you not to do, but your reply is typical of a mental midget who cannot present an opinion on the game itself, but rather, attack the person. And i was the one that does not know the game? ya right

Hey, i need some concrete for my retaining wall, you wanna bring your boots over tomorow? Keep huffing it in the box from center eh!

besty

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why don't you just use some of the concrete that is no doubt in your head, tps!

You don't have a clue what you are talking about.

3-0 could have been 6 or 7!

Milan didn't even get a shot on goal!

We also had at least 60 to 70% pos.

Hats off to them for working and battling as hard as they did even when losing a man early, but let's be honest, your blind!:cool:

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
you did what i told you not to do
Yu rite...me dumb...me don't know what me talk about! Mee shoodn't hab an openyon!
your reply is typical of a mental midget who cannot present an opinion on the game itself, but rather, attack the person
Yu rite agan...butt did Yu reed this...
offence wins games...defense wins championships
Now if you can use some of your mental giantism...you'll interpret that as "Their is more to the game than offence” hence the bagel on our score card.:rolleyes: :p

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Who is this tpswhat game was he watching the one beside us.i played last year in div.1 and to be honest ac milan are not a premier team.the only reason the were promoted was because they were on a weakside.should have been clan with us(96ers)who got promoted

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Go away for a weekend and look what happens...

First Half all Khalsa, a quote from knvb will sum it all up, "khalsa zipped around us, and we couldn't do anything about it."
I said Khalsa was "Buzzing" you punching bag. I also said we had a tough time dealing with it. :rolleyes: Logistics really.

Second half, had everything, knvb left the game with hurt feelings, M. Morri scored a cracker second goal but then hit a post on a PK
I didn't leave with hurt feelings, I left with a pulled groin muscle, although most of my feelings are in that general area so it's easy to confuse, I'll forgive you this time. Morri was totally unmarked so it was anything, but a cracker. Piss poor marking on our part. Obviously. The PK should never have been called. Rene did a good job up till then. I didn't think it was needed. That BTW was our (as I found out) 6th PK against. We have 0 for.

Other than that, there isn't much to report. Khalsa was zipping :rolleyes: the first half, they scored two, one off a really bad miss-cue then they sat back / we pissed on them for most of the second half. We missed 8 or 9 good chances to score = they win. Fcuk!

Originally posted by besty
We also had at least 60 to 70% pos.
Besty, nice Dazzaism. ;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Results in a nut shell.

M-Ford Wolves 1-2 Sporting Club
Khalsa 96ers 2-0 Surrey United :(
Pegasus FC 7-2 Argentina Athls. (O-FER 13 It's gotta sting)
Croatia SC 0-7 ICSF Inter (abye-bye)
Sports Town FC 3-3 Westside Rino (upset-O'the week)
West Van Legion 0-4 Sapperton Rovers
AC Milan 0-3 Burnaby Canadians

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's been such a long time since Sapperton last won, I almost forgot about you WAB.

tps

Jul 22, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Besty, 60-70% possession? is that what you call getting the ball to center and launching it into the box? For a guy that used to play on a very good team that played good soccer, your coment is suprising. You were quiet on sunday, maybe some of that concrete was in your mouth!

Notty, defence wins championships eh! is that what you three barbarians at the back call yourselves. The irony is that in this crap league, you guys might have a chance.

Let me re-phrase my original comments to clarify what i meant. BBY has some good talented players, BUT it is a shame to see those players play in a system that looks like 3rd DIV in England. Some of your best players are in midfield, but you guys would rather just launch the ball all over the park, It's fcken ugly! If you got the players to play, then why don't you let them!?

One word of advice, fire Alan Hinton!

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
tps,

Your comments just keep getting weaker and more asinine...If you can't take the heat. ..stay the Fcuk out of the kitchen. All your previous comments come from a chap who apparently has played at a professional level and has been too and won the nationals as many times as besty has. The finals of the Italian league don’t count.
The irony is that in this crap league, you guys might have a chance.
Once again solidifying your ignorance...your correct...we do have a chance...as for playing anywhere else...those days are done and VMSL is the last chapter in our careers. Perhaps you still have a desire to play in Europe...but my suggestion is to take up senior’s lawn bowling, you’re much closer with that!

I suggest next time you decide to open your mouth and banter the winning side...fill it with spaghetti first so no one can here you.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Besty only Plays for Clubs that Play that Style

Originally posted by tps
For a guy that used to play on a very good team that played good soccer,
Notty, defence wins championships eh! is that what you three barbarians at the back call yourselves.

One word of advice, fire Alan Hinton!

This is some great stuff tps, except that the teams that Besty has played for, FireMen and Weakside, both played a Looong Ball game. Ya, they were great teams that won B.C. championships and did very well in League play, but they humped the ball up the park, battled for knock downs, and defended all day long.

That style you are knocking is effective in the VMSL and every other league in the lower mainland, if you work hard and battle for 50-50 Balls.

I can even remeber teams like the old 86ers and some of the strong old UBC teams and how they played.
Kick it up the park, put pressure on the other teams back-line, and take advantage of the other teams defensive mistakes.

Alan Hinton, was he a player-coach too?

HOS

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0