Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier VMSL 2002/03 Premier League Results

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
westside 2
metro ford 1

perfect night for a game.
mf came out quickly, caught us on our heels trying to adapt to the pace of the pitch, and took a deserved 1-nil lead just five minutes in. we settled after that and did our best to match them for pace in a quick first half.
second half was a saw off until ollie scored two quick ones. dodgy push off, followed by a looping header tied things up. followed that a few minutes later with a cracker free kick from 30 yards that left the keeper watching in admiration. solid, hard fought and important win for the lads. on to saps to try and win the title!

djones

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside/MF

Not a bad game.

Typical Westside/MF game. Close, intense, hard fought,...and a Westside result! :mad:

Thought we were hard done by by the goal called back on a very suspect offside in the first half. The linesmen struggled with that aspect all game because some of the ones he called on Westside in the second half were onside by a foot or two.

dodgy push off, followed by a looping header tied things up.

Dodgy push off is right. Blatent! Paul had a front row seat for that one and missed it. Paul is one of the better refs in the league but for some reason the sharpness in his refereeing is fading in the last little while.

The second Westside was a thing of beauty. Ollie is, in my opinion, the best player in this league and one guy I hate playing against. He showed it last night with a fantastic freekick and his passing and movement off the ball. Pure class!

Seeing Smallsy, Boban and Pettingale at the back was quite the shock. How's was that Jay? Must be a new experience? Thought you guys did a real good job! Did your Mom come by? Sorry about the change rooms or lack there of (too cold inside the rink?). From what I understand, this season may be our last season on that turf with the new one scheduled to go in at Best Senior with changerooms and all.

Hopefully, we will be seeing them again in a couple of weeks. It will be more of a must win game for us than last nights game but there is still work to be done.

cerebral smallsy

Oct 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
tigercat reunion

jonesy, no arguments on the questionable push off and suspect lining but i guess that is the nature of the beast sometimes.
oldtimers have been put on the backline for a veteran presence. played about a half dozen games together back there. i've enjoyed it. it's take some getting used to. more space to control and distribute the ball which i like. i do miss pushing forward in the midfield though.
unfortunately mom couldn't make it, but she sends her regards.
that turf is hard on the legs. really sore today.
good match last nite my friend. shall see you for the rematch in a few weeks time...

knowone

Aug 21, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
:mad: just got a bad feeling in ma belly when i heard
that westside earned the final three points needed to
take the league cup out of surrey:(

she will be mine again, OH YES, she will be mine again:wa:

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ugly Day at HillCrest, To Say the Least

This Game was alot closer than the 2-0 Result.

First Hear this, Sugar Ray played in the Pipes for the Argies, and with HOS's Gloves, big mistake by GoldenChild, those gloves have no more saves in them.

The game started and ended UGLY, it is tough to get up for a game when the other team doesn't even have a warm-up, and the nets are put up 15 min. before kick-off.

For the game, Might Khalsa went up 1-0 half way through the first on a shot by Raju that was defelcted by a Argies player for a Own-Goal. To tell you the turth the big man in goal made some big sves for the Argies all through this game, he even had some trash talk after the saves, too funny.

Second half, the Argies took the play to not so might khalsa, and had a few good chances with little finish. But HOS did make the odd save. Argies took a Red Card half way through the 2nd, after that player was elbowed in the head and had a few too many foul words after the foul. Leechy
Tactics added the 2md goal off a great shot that beat Ray to the far post and went in off the Post.

Ugly game, but a win, and three ponts to bring Might Khalsa to 27 and in the mix for a Provincial Spot.

I would not want to Play the Argies in Cup, thay are the type of team that could pull a huge upset on a overconfident team.

Bring DJones and MF on Friday at Old Queens Park.

HOS

Ankle Breaker

Sep 15, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Khalsa wins 2-0

I agree with HOS. Very ugly game today. However, we got the 3 points and now move on. 2 straight shutouts for HOS in the new year. Your defense must be solid :D . We now move on to MF on Friday. Should be a good game

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
M-Ford Wolves 1-2 Westside Rino
Sports Town FC 0-1 Bby. Canadians
Argentina Athls. 0-2 Khalsa 96ers

The only three games to go this weekend. Bollox.

Gomesy16

Oct 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rained out

The Burnaby/Inter game was cancelled this afternoon. Both teams were at the park but I guess the ref figured the field was not playable.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Big Question Now

Will Peg VS. Slurrey go on Sunday at Kinsmen and by how much will the Flying Cnuts beat Slurrey.

Early Predictions here say 5-Buzz Peg, but that is a little on the conservative side.

Go Peg Go

Khalsa go'na catch Slurrey for 6th Spot.

HOS

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Slurrey 3
Peg 2

Fcuk I hate losing :mad:

We came out pretty flat and didn't do too much in the first half whatsoever... one chance but that was about it as Slurrey's impressive backline kicked the fcuk outta Bunny and Doddy.

Slurrey got one off of a free kick about 30-35 minutes in... 1 nil at the half.

We cam out with a little bit of fire to start the second only to see Slurrey take a 2-0 lead on a weird one that saw the linesman call the goal when the ball was cleared off of the line. Apparently it was over the line :rolleyes:

Peg dug down and pulled one back when Doddy headed one home off of a corner.

With about 15 to go, we tied it up again from a corner, this tiem Gav hitting one from about 25 that hit the post and went in.

Too bad Slurrey got the winner 2 minutes later :rolleyes:

We need some help now to win our side...

Slurrey is big. They kinda remind me of the Firemen from the old days with their size, especially at the back. Blakes played well up front I thought and if he had any kind of a striking partner, he might have been able to inflict more damage :eek:

That's it. Get your soccer pool picks in.

~Regs.

larsson

Aug 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
all about wining the league

All we need is sporting to lose to surrey next and burnaby will be going for the league championship.It would be great to win back to back championships 1 in div.1 and the following year win premier has anyone ever done that twice.

sid

Dec 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
back to back

try sapperton rovers when they won div 1 in 94/then went on to win premier the following year TWAT ,!!:rolleyes: :confused: :eek:

so talk the talk little fat sneddy,but can you walk the walk(without been stoned ):D :D :eek:

sneddssmoksmillerskak

siddelicious:wa: :p :p :p ;)

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Post match...

It's not how many you score Cainy, it's the quality of the goal. :rolleyes: I ought to slap you with my stinky flip flop. You ginger twat.

You could tell we were the only game in town yesterday with the amount of people watching. I saw Notty and Besty cuddling up beside each other. (Cute couple) The Sporting lads were out, Cophin(sp) brothers were out, I just knew they cared. :) I think I even saw some Metro ford and Inter guys.. The game didn't disappoint.

Regs report is pretty solid. The second goal, the one in question, was a goal. Zenga was looking to clatter the shite of me instead of the ball and I beat him to it in the air. Who said white men can't out jump Wops? It was definitely in, at least that's what I'm told. Zenga fists were in my face when I woke up. Cnut. ;)

Gavins goal was an absolute cracker half volley off the post. Smiles said he should have had it, but I can't see it. It's all about angles I guess. Other than Doddy's header our defense played fantastic. Bunny took more slide tackles yesterday than he probably has had all year. Magowan and Hjorth are the best back two in the league. Sorry, Notty. Actually no I'm not. Prick.

Huge win for Surrey. With BBY still to play Inter we still have a chance to pass one of them. A tie would be ideal. Thanks.

Regs is right though, if Blakes had any sort of striking partner he could do wonders. :rolleyes:

If that win doesn't deserve a dancing KNVB I don't know what does... :knvb: My first one. I'm so proud.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: all about wining the league

Originally posted by larsson
All we need is sporting to lose to surrey next and burnaby will be going for the league championship.It would be great to win back to back championships 1 in div.1 and the following year win premier has anyone ever done that twice.
Aren't you forgetting that Peg would win a tie-breaker with the Capitals? We have one game still to go as well... go Slurrey :eek:

~Regs.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That and he was on TWO different teams.

I have a feeling a few teams will be cheering for Surrey in the next couple of weeks, but it won't be any of the Italian variety. How you do'n.... :D

Notty

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was cheering for Slurrey....God help us!

I saw Notty and Besty cuddling up beside each other.

Were the matching jackets a give away???

As for the match...Regs and KNVB are being generous! Not a lot of pretty soccer out there! Don't get me wrong...both teams can play the game, it was just that it was reminiscent of a playoff game...a muck fest...with goals! Entertaining none the less!

Gav's goal was a cracker! As for Doddy's...did it actually hit his head??? From the sideline, it looked as if it ricocheted off his shoulder.

Reg’s…tell your keeper to cut his hair. This isn’t South America!

~NottywhoiswonderingwhenKNVBiscomingtotheShoreforaridewithDude,TheRobandNotty?

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Notty tell him yourself, that was Zenga... :eek:

and yes the matching NON team jackets were a dead give-away. That and Miller wanted nothing to do with you too. Probably why he sat on the other side of the pitch. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts