Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Vancouver Metro League Div. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Polys 2 - 0 'Lomas

...2 goals in the last 10 mins gave the Polys the points. In general a pretty good game with both teams playing some good stuff. The Lomas created more chances but our finishing was woeful. Both teams hit the woodwork. Polys first goal was a good strike from just outside the box and the 2nd came from some poor marking at a corner in the last minute or so.

Big Mario made some good saves for the home side who in the end showed a little more 1st div 'savvy' which gave them the win.

One bad injury saw a Peg player in an ambulance just before the half. A dislocated knee cap will keep him in out for a while. The challange was hard but fair in truth. Hope he's OK.

A good win for Peg who took care of business when they got the chances late on. The Lomas will be left cursing their inability to put a couple of the several clear cut chances they created, away. A good performace otherwise though.

Darby

Sep 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
why are there no scores posted yet. TTP usually has the scores posted long before anywhere else does. I would have figured that DCR would be bragging about their win and how good their team is at least.
Cheers, Darby
desperatelyseekingresults

Nickel

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Updates

Darby, just got in from having a few pints this evening and had to check the results. Here you go, courtesy the excellent VMSL site:

Peg-Olys
2-0
Meralomas “A”

City FC “A”
1-7
Firefighters “A”

Clan Alumni
0-0
Richmond Utd. “A”

Not sure if that city FC score is a typo??

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lean,

It appears as though you are still tied for leading scorer on Richmond United.

Keep up the good work.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
RUFC 0 - 0 Clan Alumni

A well played game that should have produced a goal or two:( Clan certainly have a quality lineup but still it consisted of only 12 players.

Richmond had the best chance to win it with less than 5 minutes remaining, a breakaway that just missed!

A note to all teams that go to the turf thus year...............it is tough to get used to the pace of the game and certainly should give Clan an advantage once they get more comfortable on it......

Cheers,

John

andfcukwasithot!

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm back (sort of)...

I know i've been quiet for the last little bit here but have not really seen a place to jump in just yet to post something worthy of the DCR lads who have seemed to dominate this thread thus far.

It's shocking really, to watch you two Deep Cove twats monopolize what has been a decent thread in past months and turn it into a "Gong Show"

That being said though, I have had a couple laughs at the expense of you two and for that I thank you.

As for how I think this side of Div 1 (A side that is) is shaping up, well it looks to be the most competitive side in many years with 4 or 5 teams having good chances to earn promotion. I missed our game yesterday so have only played 1 game this year but by the sounds of things, Div 1 A sounds like it is has some quality teams with a lot of quality players and should make for an interesting year.

I'll leave it at that but thought I should finally put my two-bits in and start rolling along with the posts parade.

Good luck to everyone this year !!

Cheers, Mackers.

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
From Lean:

Point 1 - DCR 0
(dcr don't rock and the point should be made)

Thanks... One weekend doesn't make or break a team. :D

Watch for the return of KurganTheKeeper next week vs. the mighty Richmond United (idiots;) )

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kurgan the Keeper,

Considering the Idiot's prowess in front of the net this year, maybe you ought to bring a book to read.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you fcuking kidding me?

PGR 2-1 DCR ?!?!?!

I predict very few posts this week from the VMSL's version of the Thompson Twins this week on TTP.

Full marks to PGR's coaching staff on getting you guys focussed on the task at hand :D

~TB.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
hmmmm

Seems that the 96er's are not gonna have the walk in the park that others have predicted... 2-2 with Sihk Temple.

Read about in the 23 new threads that will undoubtably be started this week soon by Hard Ballz. All with the same title.

~TB.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Thompson Twins?

The Bobsy Twins would certainly more appropriate.

"Can you hear Deep Cove sing? Nooooo Nooooo
Can you hear Deep Cove sing? Noooooo Nooooo............

Actually, I meant to say City and Wallace but that doesn't fit the song. Unlucky fellows. Get things back on track next week. Point Grey, great bounce back after last week's result. It is funny how a team can bounce back after being walloped the week before. See Club Ireland 1 Alemania 6......

Captain

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
"My boy's gonna play in the big leagues . . "

WFC Bimini's 2 - 0 Hagars A

It took a call to the Soprano's, and a steel pipe to the kneecaps to get rid of our starter, but I got my first start for Bimini's today. A very good result considering the heat and 45+ minute delay in getting the game started -- a U-17 broke his ankle at closing of his game and the ambulance took forever.

In addition -- and what a way to make a debut -- I managed to pass another stone sometime between the 30th minute and a half hour after the game. Came home and pissed blood. Yeah, no hospitalization for me!

Can't say Hagar's did too well today though. Very little offense from them: a few none-to-difficult-shots in the first half and practically nothing (thankfully) in the second. No comment on their defense (or our offense) -- I wasn't really paying much attention when the ball was out of our end.

Looking forward to a more attentive game next week.

animal

Aug 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shite team

Hey Wallace and City didn't you guys say that Point Gray was a disgrace to the league after the 9-0 loss tom 96ers. Must really suck to lose to such a team.

Congrats to Point Grey for the win, shows a lot of character to come back after last weeks loss. looking forward to playing you guys next week. I hope we can thrash you 9-0 as well and get some goals for, but my prediction 0-0 draw. By the way that is my prediction for the rest of the year. We are going to start practice our P.K's now for our cup run.

rufclookingforsomeonewhocanscoreagoal

hard ballz

Sep 18, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hard Ballz live at 8:00 p.m. Let's start off with a sorry in this article. I was just fcucking around about that Gastown shite and the weed. I was trying to get you off your game and it seemed like it worked. I saw Clarke walk by our team huddle and say HARD BALLZ! I heard that! It's great to be recognized. Scooby Dooby Doo where are you we got some work for you! I did not see you on the field today but don't worry I did not play either. Overall it was a good game. Sikhs started off well and then the momentum changed as the 96ers took over. The were missing the Clarkes and Scooby but there is so much they can do. 96ers got a red card about 30 minutes into the first half but it still seemed even cause us Sikh lads could not capitalize. Temple scored the first goal because of a rebound the goalie let up. 2 minutes left in the half the 96ers strike back and one the goalie wishes he had back. Sloppy play on the Sikh lads part led to the next 96ers off a corner put them up 2-1. 88th minute the Sikh lads put it together and scored the equalizer which left the 96ers in shock. 96ers goalie made some good stops. I thought the 96ers are pretty shitty for a team that is paying half their team. At times I thought the ref was paid after he missed Parm's obvious hand balls and a penalty shot for temple. Anyways Scooby it was no 6-bagel game and it does not seem like it's going to be such a easy ride to premier. Go read my predictions and understand where I am coming from. Match well played to both teams.

P.S
I don't want to here that he was missing or he was missing or I did not play. We were also missing our #1 goalie and center mid and myself so relax.CHEERS. Props to someone that predicted the 2-2 draw.

CDK

Jul 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Div 1 CAT

Croatia 3
BCFC 1

Croatia B is....

Undefeated

Strange game plan from the BCFC coach...though I doubt it would have made a difference on the final result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0