Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Vancouver Metro League Div. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lads,

Thought that now was as good as any time to start the most popular thread here on TTP! Plus we can now eliminate entirely the 96'ers thread or whatever it is and get to some real piss taking..............

RUFC will be strong again this year! A couple of strong additions coupled with a weaker division make this the year for Richmond to gain promotion:) Really looking forward to playing Peg again as well as getting my studs into a few DCR lads again!

As far as rumours go, I am excited to hear how half of the Premier All Stars have decided to come down and play for the Clan????? Can't wait to play such a group and hear all sorts of excuses why they lost (like having only one official, or not enough subs....... ect!)

Cheers,

John

Nickel

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Facts Jack

john, not sure how you measure popularity, but I do believe that the 2nd div thread had the most hits last season by quite a large margin. (sue me but I am an accountant)

Aside from that, good to get the divisional threads set up anyways, the Pacific 96er's-Romania thread had to go! As a 2nd div player last year, hopefully making the return to div 1, unless the mgmt assign my services to Cat 2 or O-30. I ask why all the ringers in div 1 this upcoming season, what is the Premier division for?

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Labour Day Weekend Tourny

Any Div 1 teams playing in a Labour Day Tourny?

Johnlookingtoseesomediv1teamsbeforetheyearstarts!

hedkandi

Aug 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
nickel

I think waiting to see what the management decide is pointless, unless you are recieving beer, money or other. Play where you want to.

winnersaregrinners

hedKandi:)

Nickel

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Football Mgmt

Hedkandi, after I submitted the comment I knew it was stupid. I had already hit send. Anyways, I will be playing with the 1st team for now at least.
This upcoming season should be interesting for "all" teams in div 1 A (TTP)- not just the so called promotion teams. (ie. Clan, 96ers, Fireman, RUFC) with the other teams looking to cause possible upsets, unexpected ties, etc.

Let the games begin!

fonzie

Aug 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Division Alignment

Can anyone "in the know" explain why Richmond 'B' and Deep Cove Alumni are in Division 1 CAT? Each club has a team in Division 1 already.

I see that MF Spurs, Indo 'B', and Sporting 'B' have each been "promoted" from Div 2 CAT to Div 1 CAT but I guess it makes sense because each team has a premier team, but I can't figure out why Richmond and Deep Cove were also "promoted".

Anyone shed any light on this?

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Norvan too - They're happy 'cause they get to play twice a weekend on two teams.

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fonzie,

The same has happened in Div 2 and Div 2 CAT and Willi Azzi informed me that Bomabastic "B" are in the Div 2 CAT A group to make up the numbers, even though they do not have a Div 1 team and their A team is in Div 2.

Daz

Willy

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know that in our case, RUFC "B" was hammering most teams in their division last year (with the exception of Croatia B) so at the end of the season, the Club asked the league if a move to Div 1 CAT might be an option. Azzi et al indicated that the team's record, along with some shuffling within the Division and the need to make the numbers work, would permitted RUFC "B" to compete in the higher division.

Now if only our "A" Team could be so fortunate. ;)

Willy

fonzie

Aug 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree that Richmond kicked everyone's arse and so it seems if the VMSL needed more teams to even out the divisions, then it makes sense. But what about Deep Cove? They didn't exactly have a stellar season - perhaps other clubs like Hagars and Pegasus CA Spurs declined the opportuity? Anyone out there know what happened?

cside17

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
DCR/PEG OLYS

DCR 4 PEG OLYS 1

Deep Cove look like they are clicking on all cylinders, only had 12 guy's today. Peg looked lost, got a late penalty. Ref was pretty good. No crowd, but lotsa pints/pops

Ps. JR should go to over 30"s

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clsn-96ers

Pacific 96ers 3 Clan Alumni 1

96ers definitely deserved the game. Clan have a few holes to fill and a little fitness to work on. 96ers keeper made a couple of pretty decent stops. :cool:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WTF?

How can the first week of the season have a game postponed?

Willy? John? Mackers? What's the scoop on this?

~TB.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs,

City called a week or so ago and asked to reschedule.....................which is a lot more than we can say for a certain Peg team:(

John

dazza

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fireman 0 Meralomas A 0

Gritty performance by the Lomas and well done lads! Good battling throughout and the defence was excellent.

A draw was probably fair but we could have stolen it with a couple of minutes to go.

Well battled lads!

Daz

p.s. - Regarding City FC's postponement - what a load of cack. I'm with Regs on this one. WTF? How can the first game of the season be postponed? Because they were short of players today?

Absolute cack!

Nickel

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Early Results

Daz, good call on the game. I believe Blair was Man of the Match! I think we should start giving Lee header practice in training.

The excellent site has been updated.....

Clan Alumni
1-3
Pacific 96ers
Bby. Lk. West # 3
Saturday/2.00pm

Peg-Olys
1-5
Deep Cove Royals
Kinsman Std.
Saturday/2.00pm

City FC “A”
PSP
Richmond Utd. “A”
S Memorial NE
Saturday/2.00pm

Firefighters “A”
0-0
Meralomas “A”
S Memorial NE
Sunday/2.00pm

Pt. Grey Rangers “A”
3-2
Sikh Temple “A”
West Point Grey
Sunday/2.00pm

Sikh Temple result being a bit of a surprise!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0