Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Div 1 Vancouver Metro League Div. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Keeper,

The Apprentice did well in picking the score. The game was totally one sided and you guys were easily defending for 75 minutes of the game. Our plan was to attack your back line and use our speed. We had atleast 10 corners and we were fortunate enough to bury the last one. With this win ACM look like the team to beat in side B.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Whoa there cowboy. I seem to remember that last year, you beat Bimini's in the first game by the same score line, yet it took "divine" intervention from the powers at large to give you a shot at promotion. In other words, you still didn't finish first.
we were fortunate enough to bury the last one
Being fortunate implies luck, and "the team to beat" shouldn't have to rely on luck to win. Don't worry, it's still early -- we'll see who comes out on top in the end.

Keeperwhostillthoughtitwasafungame

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Belfast Cowboy

Hey Belfast thanks very much for the advice about Jinky. I am aware and don't want any trouble. I do believe you must know me cause you do believe I like to blab. I like to call it chatting.

Hey Mackers

It is true that I do log a few minutes on the Cell phone. You should think before slagging me on my telephone calls.
If I were you I would concern myself with getting back on the RUFC A TEAM starting lineup. Heres a hint. I could send a cardio workout plan to you cause I don't think 5,9 235 lbs is the ideal soccer figure.
Thanks for the kind words, I'm sure you'll be trashing me soon.

Cheer's
Your buddy Deuce.

lawts

Oct 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apprentice although you may appear to be right on ACM being the team to beat in side B, I do beleive someone should speak out on behalf of van olympic, if I'm not mistaken they beat you 2-1, how did ACM only score 1 on them, sad . If Van olympic had a Keeper every team on side B would be in trouble, but once again we must remind ourselves how weak division B is compaired to Division A and no matter who gets promoted from side B is going to get a serious Walloping next season in premier.

So all I say to Division 1B teams is:rolleyes:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
ACM

Keeper,

You should know that every team needs luck at some point in the season to win. I seriously think we are a better team than last year. You guys always play well but I think this year it has to be our promotion spot to lose.

P.S. : thanks for the water

Lawts,

Van oly. are a good team , very young and very fast. Frank Randazzo is probably one of the better players in Div. 1. I still don't think that a keeper is the only thing they need. If they filled a couple more spots with solid "two-way" players they would be a definite consideration for a promotion spot. We did lose 2-1, but I wasn't playing:)

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clan Alumni

Does it not seem odd that the Clan Alumni loud mouths who did so much yapping all summer about how great their new team was going to be once they got rid of all last year's "donkeys" are so quiet now??

I guess the real question is where do these clowns all go next year as already guys are saying they won't be back if they don't get promoted.

I watched them recently and they wouldn't beat Sap's CAT team where all the "donkeys" apparently have gone.

:D :D :confused:

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mackers,

We had some good batlle's with your side last year. I think you guys got the better of us but The games were of good quality. If ACM were on the other side gauranteed we would be top 3.

justhavingalittlefunwithaguywhoshouldbeplayingindiv.2

@pprentice

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're wrong....

Deucy,

You're quite right, I wil be trashing you soon, like right now....

The second thing you are right about is the fact that I am 5'9", I am however only 230lbs and dwindling. I have had a rough go of it lately with a couple injuries that have hindered my training and playing time so if you see me on the sideline, that's why.

As for the starting line-up or playing time on the A Team, at least I will see that time, the closest you will get to the A team will be if you get a chance to sniff the team laundry bag :D

deucywouldbeluckytoseetimeonourwomensteam

Cheers, mackers.

mackers

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kudos...

Apprentice,

Nice come back, I like that !!

Yes, our games last season were good, quality matches and yes we did have the upper hand when all was said and done. I disagree however that, unless you picked up a few players from last year, you lot would be top three. There are currently, in Div 1 A, 6 or 7 quality teams that will be vying for promotion and I highly doubt that your squad would fit into the top 3 of those 7 !?!?!?

Cheers, mackers.

continuingthefunwithadelusionalapprentice

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
mackers

Yes we did pick up a few quality players. A couple new young guys and two premier players. One from Inter the other from Metro Ford. I think we are as good as anybody when we are on our game. But, I'd rather be playing in side "b" because it is alot easier. And so would RUFC.

continuingmorefunwithaneightplacedrichmondite.

@pprentice

Deuce

Sep 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Awfully Defensive

Mackers Mackers Mackers.
WOW.
Dangle the hook and you chomped on it. Tell me how ya really feel BIG GUY!

230 POUNDS AND DWINDLING THATS FANTASTIC. Soon you'll be withering away to nothing.
Macker's I knew you were bothered by the injury bug you didn't have to bite my head off. As for saying the "closest you'll ever get to the A team is a chance to sniffing the laundry bag. (Nice one)

I never said I could make the A team.
Well I guess your just welcoming one of your teamates too takethepiss. No harm done.
I hope your injuries get better .You want to make sure you stretch lot's at practice cause I know your sore, and I WOULDN'T WANT YOU TO PULL YOUR VAGINA.

Cheers Deuce.

Reccos

Oct 7, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Darby

Darby:

You were all over the site extolling how proud you were to be a Klansman or was it Clansman and how tough it was that the Clan Alumni team in Div. 1A has only 11 or 12 guys out at games. How come you're so silent as to how they're doing now? BEt they are happy the Whitecaps lost this weekend so the boys will save them. Dissension is running through their midst - transfers are looming.

Like they said about them, they were all guys unhappy with their present club situations. Taking a bunch of unhappy guys with their teams and putting em all together - what a pleasant thought.
;) ;) ;)

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big AC Milan signing

What the Apprentice (aka "The Lerbinator") fails to mention is that his AC Milan team was bolstered by the signing of a certain Cap College striker/midfielder/sweeper with a penchant for taking phone calls during matches, and flipping off his boots for a pair of comfy sandals at halftime.

To put it bluntly, Joey Iac's loss was AC Milan's gain. He mistakenly took The Apprentice's laid-back (also referred to as "lerbacious") attitude as a sign of disrespect and forced the Lerbinator to make the switch from Collegiate soccer to the glory of division 1 fitbaw. I'd put AC Milan as the favourites for promotion, although some insight as to who the new signings are would be nice, for clarity's sake.

-Sensei.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei

It is true the Apprentice has officially left Capilano College for the comfy confines of the ACM camp. Although the Apprentice led div.1 in scoring last year I feel it will take me a couple of more weeks to get back into top physical shape. The reason I am so laid back is because Sensei Hanson always give's me some quality lerb before kickoff. I only answer calls if they are business related. Joe Iac's can lick balls. Our new signings .....Mike Baldin of Veneto fame.. Mike Tempesta from M.F. and Mario Montagliani from Inter.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I thought we agreed to keep all talks of our glaucoma remedies under the table. Besides, that last batch was grass clippings and oregano. Hope you enjoyed.

Baldin would be a great signing....if AC Milan had a track team.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
la lerb

Baldin could be the fastest long distance runner in all of the vmsl.

I'd like to also clear the record: I do not have glaucoma....

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Week 6 Predictions

With a big Friday night game in Div. 1A, it is time to get some predictions out earlier than usual:

DCR 2 v. RUFC 2 - this game has all the makings of a good hard played classic battle. Too bad that City and Wallace have fallen silent in the last couple weeks on TTP. Could have set up a few side bets with the tag team match of John/Mackers v. City/Wallace. Game will be close with DCR coming back late to steal a tie in the final five minutes. Fan support should be good for this game and trust that RUFC and DCR will have enough "pops" for a few of the Peg/Olys who plan to make the trip.

City FC 0 v. Clan 2 - Clan will once again have 11 players, but will pull out the 'W' when Rob Merkl is forced to play up front and falls twice on the uneven surface of South Memorial to score both goals on diving headers.

Lamas 0 v. Purchased '96ers 5 - Ivor "I own a fish shop in Seattle" Evans will be tossed in the warmup for getting into a fight with one of his teammates. He thought that the person said "Seamates" and he felt that this person might cut into his profitable American seafood chain if he did not sort them out early. After paying their players a few more $$$$ before the starting whistle, all was well in buyme6'ers land and they easily handled the pumpkin clad lads from the Westside. After the game, Dazza can be heard saying that "we gave them a good run and deserved better - one of the closest 5-0 losses that I've been involved in".

Sikhs 1 v. Peg/Oly 2 - The North Van lads get a few bodies back from injury and also a couple that couldn't pry themselves away from turkey obligations with family this past weekend. Prior to the kick-off, Chico Clemente's #5 jersey will be raised to honor his recent retirement. It wasn't raised at Kinsmen because then the grass wouldn't get any sun and allow it to be the best park in North Van. With this emotional ceremony deep in the minds of the Peg/Oly boys, they will offer up a worthy opponent to the Sikhs and Tim "I'm In" Harris will score the winner with 10 left in the game. Hardballz will be too wrapped up in trying to keep Indo's management from stealing any of their players to be a factor in the game.

FF 3 v. Prince George Rangers 1 - FF should handly win this game, but the same was said when DCR played PG a few weeks back. We know what happened in that game. If you have any questions with repspect to that, please discuss with City or Wallace. FF will be up by a couple at the half and PG will cut it by one early in the second. FF will put it away in the middle of the second half to seal the three points.

These results should tighten up the standing a little bit and trust that points will be taken off the '96ers before the midpoint of the season.

JR

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jags...

...you obviously know Dazza well. :p There's nothing like a close 5-0 drubbing!...they won't get 5 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0