Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2003/2004

BlazeArmy

Not Bright
Dec 13, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone worried about the shite Canucklehead performances over the last few weeks???? They need to cut some of the chaff down to the farm and get their whole lineup playing togethor. This had better get better or the bandwagon will have seats on it beyseasons start.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not too worried... I think these last 10 days of exhibitions will be more indicative of what to expect as the team starts playing more of it's opening day roster.

Right now, there are too many 1st team guys sitting out various games to make any sure judgement.

Cheers,

~Regs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The badwagon was nearly full on Thusday to watch terrible exhibition hockey.

BTW: send Fedor down. He did nothing but float around and look for brekout passes Thusday. He reminded me of Pavel in his best poaching days. He did sweet FA to try and create opportunities for himself or his linemates. The one or two times he received the puck with open ice, he looked dangerous, but it's the lack of effort that concerns me. At least Pavel worked to get the puck in his early years.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Canucks' roster currently sits at 27 after this morning's demotions - notables sent down include Fedorov and Reid. Here's what they've got right now:

5 Bryan Allen Defence 6'4" 220 lbs.
21 Magnus Arvedson Left Wing 6'2" 198 lbs.
4 Nolan Baumgartner Defence 6'2" 205 lbs.
44 Todd Bertuzzi (A) Left Wing 6'3" 245 lbs.
13 Artem Chubarov Centre 6'1" 205 lbs.
39 Dan Cloutier Goaltender 6'1" 195 lbs.
24 Matt Cooke Centre 5'11" 205 lbs.
1 Johan Hedberg Goaltender 6'0" 193 lbs.
55 Ed Jovanovski (A) Defence 6'2" 210 lbs.
9 Mike Keane Right Wing 5'10" 185 lbs.
42 Ryan Kesler Centre 6'2" 195 lbs.
52 Jason King Right Wing 6'0" 195 lbs.
20 Darren Langdon Left Wing 6'1" 205 lbs.
16 Trevor Linden (A) Centre 6'4" 220 lbs.
25 Mats Lindgren Centre 6'2" 200 lbs.
8 Marek Malik Defence 6'5" 235 lbs.
32 Brad May Left Wing 6'1" 213 lbs.
7 Brendan Morrison Centre 5'11" 180 lbs.
19 Markus Naslund (C) Left Wing 5'11" 195 lbs.
2 Mattias Ohlund Defence 6'2" 220 lbs.
28 Ryan Ready Left Wing 6'0" 195 lbs.
37 Jarkko Ruutu Right Wing 6'2" 195 lbs.
6 Sami Salo Defence 6'3" 215 lbs.
22 Daniel Sedin Left Wing 6'1" 200 lbs.
33 Henrik Sedin Centre 6'2" 200 lbs.
71 Jiri Slegr Defence 6'1" 210 lbs.
3 Brent Sopel Defence 6'1" 205 lbs.

I'm assuming they carry 22/23 players on the regular, so as it stands the "bubble" guys are: Allen, Baumgartner, Keane, Kesler, King and Ready.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just Like Before

Like past years, the players that stay with the big club have one-way contracts, and most often the players sent down are the young guys with two-way contracts.
Think that Keane will make the team, but what kind of contract is he looking for.
Sopel took a high stick to the face last night and left the game, any word on his situation.

How about a trade before the season starts?

hos

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sopel for a decent draft pick

I would take that in a second. As far as Fedor goes I hope he gets his act together down on the farm because I think we need his offensive flare on the second or third line to add some scoring depth. Be nice to see him contribute before the seasons over.

Parkhead

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It seems that Jovo and Ohlund are going to be the first unit on D..............If that's true, Sopel is going to have a REAL tough time. In the past Ohlund would compensate for Sopel lack of reliability. This year who will he rely on?

Sandman

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What happened

I thought eveyone had a hardon for this Thomas Mojzis?

Other than he weighs about 25lbs less than Sopel, could he be any worse than him?

I read that last night Sopel and Malik were shocking.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it's probably a youth / experience thing with him. He's a keeper though...silky smooth rushing d-man.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Game last nite

Went to the pre seanon tilt vs the Mighty Oil last night. While I was saddened by the outcome, I did note that Sopel not only cut his hair, but also is sporting a visor. Is he trying to go incognito?

Based on last nights game alone, I am not hoping to see the Oil in the post season this year. They cant score to save a life. I can see why they had the worst PP in the league last year. And now they dont even have Comrie.

On a more positive note, the Canuckleheads back line looks pretty solid, the Sedins looked pretty good and I also liked that King kid. Will either Baumgartner or Allen make the squad this year??

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Weak Power-Play

I was at the game last night too, the first period was pretty dull, but during the second the refs took over the game and started handing silly penalties left and right, most of them to the Oil. There must have been about a 5 to 8 mins of two man advantage for the Nucks. They could not get anything going and Salo just stood his ground and stopped the shots that were right at him.
A major beef I have with Nuck fans, is the constant yelling of "Shoot" when we are on the powerplay. Learn the game, the more you move the puck around, the better chance you are going to have by shooting when the keeper is moving across the net and you take a one-time shot.
As for the Power play the Nucks did score one, and went 1-9 on the PP for the night. They did also score short-handed. The Oil do not look very good, and Sisters did have a good night with King, don't know if that will be the line to start the season though.
The fans were right into the game, it was loud in GM Place especially for a pre-season game.

Hate to see Hedburg get hurt again.

hos

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks lost Langdon to Montreal today. Anyone care? With him gone the Canucks can now be officially be the softest team in the league.

I hope they have a good Swede medical insurance.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They have May, what do they need Langdon for.

May showed us how tough he was last year when Sundin gave him that concussion

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
They just lost Baumgartner to the Pens as well.

That'll make Bryan Allen sleep a little easier at night, which is sad considering Vancouver wasted a #4 overall pick on the bum.

As for the toughness factor...Langdon was simply too much of a liability to put on the ice, even if he was a game fighter and a workhorse. Hopefully they can groom that monster Grenier into something of a skating pugilist down the road.

I do agree that with losing Klatt, Baron and Langdon, the Canucks come across as a very soft team.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lightweight in the Heavyweight NHL

Originally posted by hammerhead
They have May, what do they need Langdon for.

May is outweighed by 30 lbs on most nights by the other teams tough guy in the league, that is why they wanted to keep Langdon, he could step in when things might get rough on any given night.

May is going to be taking a beating this year, if he is asked to stand along against the Big Men of the NHL.

Not to worried about the Nucks being to soft during the regular season, look at the Sens in the past, one of the top teams during the regular season with a fairly soft team, but they would struggle in the play-offs.
Last year they got a little tougher in the play-offs and look what they did.
Think the Nucks will be fine with this line-up during the regular season, but will have to make some moves at the trade deadline.

Burkie and HOS

Lupoman

Nov 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Waiver draft......

Saw the Nucks lost Baumgartner and Langdon in the draft today, Langdon to Montreal, don't remember where Baumgartner went.
Too bad about Langdon, a decent heavy weight that knows what he has to do to stay in the NHL..... also a good guy in the room as well. He'll be missed.

lupoman

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
lupo

You could find out 2 posts ahead of yours.

;)
Must have missed it because you had to piss so bad.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0