Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Vancouver Canucks 2003/2004

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anytime you can add a 25 goal man to your roster I think you are ahead . Arvedson gets the thumbs up from me.

If they can sign Keane for cheap, I think thats a great pick up too. He will be a big asset in the dressing room come playoff time, but I dont see him getting tons of ice time

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
New signings...

When has Arvedson scored 25 goals? He got 21 3 years ago.:confused:
Keane is a plumber that is over the hill. We don't need the "dressing room leadership". Messier proved that.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Unless they sign Kean, they've done sweet FA to address a need for another player who can do it in the playoffs.

Just what they needed for a run at Lord Stanley...another fcuking Swede. I hope I'm wrong, and Naslund can lead this team to the Cup, but I doubt it. They should have made a run for Joe N.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First preseason game tomorrow night... fcuk that's a short off-season :D

Any surprises gonna make the team? What about the pairing of Jovo and Ohlund?

Prediction Game 1 Preseason:

Nucks 5
Wild 3

~Regs.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You're kidding, I hope.

Ohlund and Jovo could very well work out. I worry like hell about Sopel. He's quoted in the paper today saying he hopes he gets paired w/ Ohlund. Hardly sounds like someone playing w/ confidence, if you "hope" to be paired with one of the steadiest stay-at-home defencemen in the NHL.

How about this new Russian de-man they drafter out of Seattle? Apparently he's got NHL written all over him. Hell...send Sopel down, and bring him up (can't recall his name), and stick HIM with Ohlund.

wagon

Sep 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sopel is absolutely shocking. Did he not have pretty much the worst +/- in all of the NHL? I think they should give him the boot. If he isn't playing with Ohlund, that is a very scary prospect as Ohlund had to cover all of Sopels horrible F**k-ups. However, a pairing of Ohlund and Jovanovski would be great. They can log the bulk of the minutes, Salo and Malik can log some quality minutes, and Allen, Sopel, Slegr, or Mozjis (rookie) can log the rest. I would rather have any of those guys out on the ice than Sopel and his ridiculous hair.

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I believe Sopel has gotten rid of his ridiculous hair. His ridiculous hockey-playing is another matter.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sopel cut his hair off.

Useless (and apparently secondhand from Dap) facts,

~Regs.

wagon

Sep 1, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Although Sopel did cut off some of his hair, he did not cut it to a normal length. In no time at all it will be back to its old ridiculous length. Hopefully Crawford smartens up and stops playing him so much. He may have a hard shot but so do most of the other defensemen, and they are not a constant liability on the ice.

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks 6
Wild 2

I like the way they are talking about Kesler in camp. Nice to hear positives about a first rounder as opposed to the 'he's a few years away from the NHL' from the last couple....

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Soaps

Originally posted by wagon
Although Sopel did cut off some of his hair, he did not cut it to a normal length

WTF??? Let me guess, you've had the same hair cut (like KNVB) since grade 9, never change the style of shoes you think are "cool" and are the first lad to jump off the band"wagon" when the Canucks go on a 2 game losing streak!!!:rolleyes:
We all know Sopel has a shoc-king lid, but what the hell is a "normal" length??? It is not the military for fcuk sakes... Who gives a shite as long as it's not a greasy mess like those wops!!!:D

. He may have a hard shot but so do most of the other defensemen, and they are not a constant liability on the ice.
While I agree that Slegr is an upgrade to what we have, I question his defensive responsibility... He has always had a shot from the point, but he has always been a guy labelled for making mistakes and lacking heart and desire... Hopefully he's over that faze and has become more of a complete defenceman...

JustTTPingnewbeWagon...;)

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I actually like your shoes since they aren't "gleaming" white anymore!!!;) :rolleyes:
I thought you were the cnut???:confused: :eek:

Canucks 5 Wild 1

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the general consensus on the new/old shoulder patch on the Canuck unies? For those who don't know it is a patch of the old hockey stick in the rink to form a "C".

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the last concensus, which was done in 1999, indicated 58% Yes and 55% No.

~Whirlwind.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WOW

Reports: Russian billionaire looks to buy Canucks

The Russian businessman has already rocked England with his purchase of the Chelsea soccer team and then going out and buying almost every available star soccer player on the planet.

VANCOUVER (CP) -- The president of the Vancouver Canucks has denied reports that Russian billionaire Roman Abramovich is negotiating to buy the NHL team.

"We haven't had any contact with this individual," Stan McCammon told the Vancouver Province.

Despite the denial, reports on a possible NHL purchase by Abramovich were carried Thursday in the London Evening Standard, Toronto Sun and Vancouver Province.

Abramovich's net worth is estimated at $18.3 billion Cdn. He has rocked the soccer world in recent months by buying English Premier League soccer club Chelsea and spending more than 100 million pounds ($220 million Cdn) on star players.

Seattle businessman John McCaw has been attempting to sell the Canucks for three years, and McCammon insists he prefers to find local investors.

"John's thrust has always been that we would like to find local ownership because we think that works best for the franchise," he said. "Our position hasn't changed recently."

But money talks, and Abramovich is loaded.

He is selling his 50 per cent stake in Russia's biggest aluminum company to buy the Canucks, reports the Russian newspaper Vedomosti. Negotiations are being conducted with "senior figures" of the team, it says.

Russian-born NHL players spending the summer in their homeland heard rumours of a possible purchase by Abramovich of an NHL team that would be stocked entirely with Russian players. Most of the millionaire players know Abramovich. Hockey Hall of Fame defenceman Viacheslav Fetisov, who now holds a government sport ministry position, is a friend and would have an interest in becoming involved in management of any team Abramovich might buy.

"It wouldn't hurt to have our own, wholly Russian team in the National Hockey League," says Fetisov. "It would stir up more interest."

Abramovich, 36, said to be Russia's second-richest man, already owns two sports franchises -- Avangard Omsk of the Russian elite league, and Chelsea of England's premier soccer league.

He's spending big to make both clubs winners. He's recently signed Oleg Tverdovsky, a defenceman with the Stanley Cup-champion New Jersey Devils last spring, to play for Omsk.

He spent $313 million to purchase Chelsea last year and another $248 million signing international stars to turn that club into a powerhouse.

"He is a boy who wants to enjoy himself," Moscow-based political analyst Sergei Markov told the London Evening Standard. "He's got all his money and now he has decided to buy a lot of toys."

Abramovich, who has cashed in big on oil, avaiation and television properties besides aluminum, is said to have turned his sights to the Canucks after talks to buy the Dallas Stars failed.

Russian authorities are investigating his business empire for any evidence of tax evasion, which is seen as a chief reason why Abramovich is divesting himself of financial interests in his homeland and spending most of his time in Britain.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Russian-born NHL players spending the summer in their homeland heard rumours of a possible purchase by Abramovich of an NHL team that would be stocked entirely with Russian players. Most of the millionaire players know Abramovich. Hockey Hall of Fame defenceman Viacheslav Fetisov, who now holds a government sport ministry position, is a friend and would have an interest in becoming involved in management of any team Abramovich might buy.

As much as I'd like to have an owner who'd spend a boatload to bring the Cup here, I'd HATE to see this. The Swedes I can handle, but a team full of Russians? Fcuk no. One or two, OK, but no more than that. Recipe for disaster. No fcuking heart.

Don Cherry.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts