Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Surrey Merger Masters Style

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well the rumours that have been floating around are true.

Surrey United and Surrey FC Rangers have completed a merger of sorts (for lack of a better phrase).

Coach will be running the ship with help from others.

We will be playing out of CAP and be known as Surrey United Masters in the VMSL.

With the merger, we will be entering a team in the newly formed VMSL Masters CAT division (fingers crossed it has enough teams).

I believe that SFC will still have a team in the FVSL Masters but I am not privy to that info.

All involved think this is a good move on several fronts and should keep us competitive for years to come (and by us I mean members from both teams). A tonne of depth combined with a CAT team and an effort to create more of a bond with our open premier team is going to make this upcoming year a lot of fun.

Personally, I can't wait for training to start. It's been a long time since I kicked a Ranger. :D

The one little item still hanging out there is the TTP moniker.

BRM?
BRFRM? (my personal fav)
BRMRM? (Hands of Stone's fav)
BRRM?

Discuss.

Regs.

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, does the yellow bus come with the merger, and how about the goats, pigs and sheep?

FRANCIS

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs, Friday Nighters? Jusk asking because you guys, Westside and I think Cliff were the only teams to play Sunday mornings last year.

Interesting because Rangers always popped off about how many players they always have......unless they are losing a bunch this year.....not that I have heard anything of course.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
  • Admin
We *may* switch 4-5 of our home games I think to Friday nighters.

Personally, if we do so, I would like to see us play most of our home games at the start of the season on the grass and then switch up to Friday nighters when the weather turns shite.

I don't think it is a matter of either team struggling for players at the present time (hell, we had 30 signed last year), it's about looking ahead and being competitive for years to come.

FRANCIS

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
it's about looking ahead and being competitive for years to come......

that's what we said when we joined forces......oh I think that's this year's motto.....:)

trece verde

Dec 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Regs:

Why not bring Dynamo in as your CAT team? Or do you guys not talk to each other at all?

Jus' curious...

Trece

futbol

Jun 24, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
What? A guy can't even go away to the fatherland for 5 weeks and all hell breaks loose.
Back in 5 days to ponder my future.;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Trece,

No idea who the Dynamo are... we need the CAT team for a place to play for everyone who can't commit to the premier team.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Interesting because Rangers always popped off about how many players they always have......unless they are losing a bunch this year.....not that I have heard anything of.

I am only going to the CAP if it is BRMRM, if you don't add Mighty to the name, then the deal is off.

There are lots of guys, but they are all getting older, as in 40 to 45 and beyond, so there are more injuries and you get less bodies out to practice, which is half the fun of the year.
Plus, and this might not go for all the old Rangers, but I was getting tired of some of the crap teams that we played in the FVSL, yes we had great games vs. Delta, PAU, and Mission, but the rest were not near the same level, so it would be a cake walk.
Now, every weekend will be a close and competitive, yes a little more travel, but so is mission and abby.

Should be a fun year, I am excited about getting back into the VMSL, especially getting a shot at Hose and his boys.

Come on you Mighty Surrey United, that works!

hos

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's too bad. I was looking forward to playing the Rangers this season. Guess we'll have to meet in the cup now.

So with the combining of these 2 teams, theres bound to be a few guys dissapointed when they get cut no? or are you carrying 50+ players?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Everyone is committed to the whole process. There is an understanding that if you don't make training consistently, you are playing CAT. If you are over 50, you are playing CAT. If you run like you are 50, you are playing CAT.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Staff are just trying to get their facts straight, and by way of history... but this could be somewhat inaccurate:

Surrey Utd (Masters) transfers from FVSL to VMSL. Also in Masters, Surrey FF then merges with Surrey Rangers and stays in FVSL. Some Surrey FF players (FVSL) go over to Vancouver FF (VMSL), but they came from there anyway. Then they go back to Surrey FF/Rangers (FVSL), and then, after a bit of a stuggle for both teams, Vancouver FF merges with Metro Ford in the VMSL.

In the meantime, in Premier VMSL, Surrey FC buys out North Shore Pegasus to form Surrey Pegasus. But then, after the NS Pegasus guys merge with the Trollers, they (Surrey Pegasus) merged with Indo, who I think had merged with Sikh, either which may have previously merged with Akal, (but that did not work out), but then Surrey Peg kind of just merged with everyone.

Then (we are talking Premier or Div 1 or whatever), in an effort to stay up, Vancouver FF merges with Surrey Utd, after the Bby Canadians players that were with Surrey Utd pack up and go to Norvan, who do not have a lot of homegrown players all of a sudden.

Following me so far?

And now, in an unprecedented move, Surrey United (VMSL) and Surrey Rangers (FVSL) merge in Masters (VMSL I believe) after a disappointing season for both teams, especially the former. And they are going to use the CAT system. So if a player from this new Surrey team was to CAT with a Premier side in the VMSL, would it be Surrey Utd FF, Metro Ford, Surrey Indo/Peg, Club I ;) or any other of the above?

Now I see one common denominator/trend in this. But I will not mention the obvious. However...as far as the second most obvious goes:

Here is a bit of an introduction:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hose

Apr 10, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hos which team are you playing for? Have you been asked to play with the big boys (Surrey United Rangers have another drink Firemen) team. I hear Angelo is upset with the merger!

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0