Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pakenham Cup The Pakenham Cup Final.

Who will win the 2004 Pakenham Cup?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

crafty cokcney

Nov 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude said:
Just because KNVB's slow, I've posted a better view here. If you're not a Premium member yet, buck up!

That beauty will be making it's only other appearance of the year at the annual TTP Golf tourney...

For those that can check out Dudes photo gallery, there is obviously something very wrong with all the photo's....?

By the way, it's not that Dude isn't a Plumber.. :D

Here's a clue....Past Pakenham champs should pick up on it right away

Cheers

sixfyv

Apr 14, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nukes said:
As for Timmy in the box, I really would not have argued with a PK, but??? Timmy in the box, that almost makes it sound as if he's not married...
Don't be fooled by the cup that he's got...
He's still, he's still Timmy in the box

:bronco: :knvb: :wa: :bronco: :knvb: :wa: :bronco: :knvb: :wa:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Cup in the Photos is the "replica keeper". They took the original one home. Can't understand why.

Sixfyv: blatant plagerism. That said, Timmy was big in the box. He owned the box.

You know the rest... ;)

Dude-lo.

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb said:
Osame, how is it you're pissed at the ref for letting Tim get away with a blatant studs up tackle to your knee's yet it's good to meet the man that did it?
Its Tims job to stop me from scoring anyway he can, but its the refs job make sure he does it legally.As far as me having a beer with him after, thats just me, intense on the field and even more intense drinker.You leave things on the field... ;)

Osame bin madden

Feb 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
sixfyv said:
Since we have video proof, lets post the "highlights" of the weak ass call, and the studs up challenge on the site and have a poll.

Let the people decide!!!

BTW Osame... I totally agree. Had an unobstructed view from the beer garden.
Im going away for a few days, I will have the footage by tuesday.

Banks

Sep 29, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congratulations Langley.Winning the Pakenham is a compliment to your strong team. Good luck in the provincials.To hold the valleys greatest prize is a moment that few players experience.The turning point was the set piece that scored the winner.Player runs full out into the defender dives and draws a foul.Turning Point.Early.Poco Dominion gathered the team,developed consistency,strategy and persistence yet surrendered to the Pak.I have to comment on the Langley goalies hack on the breakaway Pena late in the 2nd.Watching that foul over and over I cannot understand why that was not a penal,and a red card.HE WAS THE LAST LINE OF DEFENCE AND HE HAULED DOWN THE PLAYER,AT THE KNEES,INSIDE THE BOX.PENALTY.I have committed that foul myself,the slightest tap from my defence of the goal that sends the player to the turf is a penal,yellow,or red.THE CLUB that is Dominion works on excellence.The call,that travesty, cost us the cup.Our header that crossed the line by 1 yard and was cleared was also missed by the little bald Richard Dreyfus.Smilin to the cameras as he justified his fckup.Way to go Valley!The cup was decided by the fckin ref and his ten cronies on the sidelines deciding which Langley oldtimer was worthy of their M.V.P.Bullshit.The Most Valuable Pushover award goes to the dickhead who lost his whistle when the Langley goalie hacked his way into Pak cup history.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big T said:
What about the miss of the year by Poco #14 .....there was a consensous groan and laughter after that one.

I talked to Morgan about that one yesterday and Morgan said he would like to not have his name mentioned but if he (morgan) had another shot at it and the ball was moving slower and there were less players around he would of scored.

Btw I know a guy named Morgan who is looking for a team next year anyone interested. his only request is to have the #14 its his lucky #.

K

kicker410

..The turning point was the set piece that scored the winner.Player runs full out into the defender dives and draws a foul.Turning Point.Early.Poco Dominion gathered the team,developed consistency,strategy and persistence yet surrendered to the Pak.I have to comment on the Langley goalies hack on the breakaway Pena late in the 2nd.Watching that foul over and over I cannot understand why that was not a penal,and a red card.HE WAS THE LAST LINE OF DEFENCE AND HE HAULED DOWN THE PLAYER,AT THE KNEES,INSIDE THE BOX.PENALTY.I have committed that foul myself,the slightest tap from my defence of the goal that sends the player to the turf is a penal,yellow,or red.THE CLUB that is Dominion works on excellence.The call,that travesty, cost us the cup.Our header that crossed the line by 1 yard and was cleared was also missed by the little bald Richard Dreyfus.Smilin to the cameras as he justified his fckup.Way to go Valley!The cup was decided by the fckin ref and his ten cronies on the sidelines deciding which Langley oldtimer was worthy of their M.V.P.Bullshit.The Most Valuable Pushover award goes to the dickhead who lost his whistle when the Langley goalie hacked his way into Pak cup history.
Like many others, I had a pretty good view of the game from the hillside as well as we got dumped from cup play long ago. My view is that Aves put it best in his post regarding the so called non peno. Although you might disagree, bin madden had absolutely no opportunity to get to the balls before it crossed the goal line and went out for a goal kick ..NONE. Don't get me wrong, the keeper clearly tripped him, but he threw his body in front of madden to do it. Studs up , red card, get serious and stop making more of it than was there. Fair enough if you wanted a peno but there was no studs up tackle there at all. The keeper, if anything, could have received a card for plain stupidity, he knew the ball was practically out of bounds when he decided to throw his body in front of a player who could NEVER had had any chance to play the ball and definitely had no chance to get to it to score. Why he did that I'll never know, but clearly no red. The foul that led to the goal, even if it was soft, buck up and defend, if you let a striker trap and control the ball inside your six and volley it home at any time, regardless of how shite you think the foul is, you really should have stopped whining and defended. PoCo was given an equally "soft" opportunity at the top of the Langley area late in the second half, Langley defended and PoCo hammered it over the bar. Last but not least, let's be fair, EVERYONE could see that the ball was never even close to being inside the goal on the last PoCo rush, late in the game. You know it as do I. Personally, I was kind of hoping that PoCo tied it up so I could stay and drink longer but it wasn't close. Moan as you like about the refs but if PoCo "works on excellence" and moans about "the travesty that cost them the cup" why didn't you guys score at least one so that you could tie the match? Sorry, but the one-sided moaning is getting a little ridiculous..

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP is alive and well courtesy of Sixfyv and STD

Nothing like straddling down in front of the monitor with a Grande Starbucks and having a good laugh to start the day.

:D

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh you're a bastard STD ... nicely done :D

STD said:
I talked to Morgan about that one yesterday and Morgan said he would like to not have his name mentioned but if he (morgan) had another shot at it and the ball was moving slower and there were less players around he would of scored.

Btw I know a guy named Morgan who is looking for a team next year anyone interested. his only request is to have the #14 its his lucky #.

Big T

Oct 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
kicker410 said:
Like many others, I had a pretty good view of the game from the hillside as well as we got dumped from cup play long ago. My view is that Aves put it best in his post regarding the so called non peno. Although you might disagree, bin madden had absolutely no opportunity to get to the balls before it crossed the goal line and went out for a goal kick ..NONE. Don't get me wrong, the keeper clearly tripped him, but he threw his body in front of madden to do it. Studs up , red card, get serious and stop making more of it than was there. Fair enough if you wanted a peno but there was no studs up tackle there at all. The keeper, if anything, could have received a card for plain stupidity, he knew the ball was practically out of bounds when he decided to throw his body in front of a player who could NEVER had had any chance to play the ball and definitely had no chance to get to it to score. Why he did that I'll never know, but clearly no red. .

I would have to partially disagree with this. I had a good view of it from the BG, and it was clearly a foul and should have been least a yellow but I don't know about the peno.....Wagner did not play the ball and did come in with studs up on Osame...he cranked him good....I don't think Osame could have got the ball but it wasn't totally unplayable.....its not like that the ball was out of bounds when Tim fouled him......now I know in some circumstances a ref can award a free kick within the box, could this have been one of those ??? PNE, Whistle Blower, what does the good book say ???

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it should have been a peno, a red card, a 1 year suspension for Wagner (at very least he shouldn't be allowed to practice for a year), a free kick inside and outside the box, and a free box!

It's over, we literally kicked the crap out of those guys, could have been 11 or 12 nothing, nuff said!

nukes

Feb 12, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anybody know if Howes or Carson made it out of the BG?? Did they show up for school on Monday??

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Have Muz & Studs not graduated yet?

No danger Nukes.

Weather the storm my friend.

Trust me, the criticism stops once you go the final three years in a row.

;)

Living in the past....Help.....Drowning...

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Osame, Kicker your posts have been edited, but all I did was fixed your quotes. They're a bitch to read other wise.

I was talking to a bunch of ref's that were at the Pak. game after my practice last night, although they were totally hammered, they suggested to me that the play in question was a judgment call. The way they saw it Timmy was going for the ball, but the striker had kicked it too far from himself and Tim for either to get the ball and what you think was a foul was at that point incidental contact. So really he didn't stop a goal scoring opportunity because the ball was lost to the forward before they collided.

I think you had Kevin Deliba as a ref and he IMHO is one of the the best ref's in the VMSL. Oh, and he also doesn't have the benefit of instant reply before you say you've seen it a 100 times and....

That's what the drunks said anyway.

PS. They also think Dude's a Plumber and his shirt is AW-FUL!

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Banks said:
Congratulations Langley.Winning the Pakenham is a compliment to your strong team. Good luck in the provincials.To hold the valleys greatest prize is a moment that few players experience.The turning point was the set piece that scored the winner.Player runs full out into the defender dives and draws a foul.Turning Point.Early.Poco Dominion gathered the team,developed consistency,strategy and persistence yet surrendered to the Pak.I have to comment on the Langley goalies hack on the breakaway Pena late in the 2nd.Watching that foul over and over I cannot understand why that was not a penal,and a red card.HE WAS THE LAST LINE OF DEFENCE AND HE HAULED DOWN THE PLAYER,AT THE KNEES,INSIDE THE BOX.PENALTY.I have committed that foul myself,the slightest tap from my defence of the goal that sends the player to the turf is a penal,yellow,or red.THE CLUB that is Dominion works on excellence.The call,that travesty, cost us the cup.Our header that crossed the line by 1 yard and was cleared was also missed by the little bald Richard Dreyfus.Smilin to the cameras as he justified his fckup.Way to go Valley!The cup was decided by the fckin ref and his ten cronies on the sidelines deciding which Langley oldtimer was worthy of their M.V.P.Bullshit.The Most Valuable Pushover award goes to the dickhead who lost his whistle when the Langley goalie hacked his way into Pak cup history.

I have to agree with KNVB's post a few down. Not as clear cut as you may make it out to be. Judgement call. I am sure I would be just as bitter though if shoe was on the other foot. I still don't get why such a big deal is being made of the foul leading up to our goal. It happens, it happened in your favor during the game, specifically a free kick from 20-25 yards late that you were given that was a little dodgy. Difference is we scored. IMO, Kevin did a great job, always been a fan of his, NO BS from him, does his job without trying to be a dictator nor your best friend. As far as the ball crossing the line, if it was really in that far, you guys sure did not complain much as you seemed to get on with it pretty quickly.
That said, just rebutting your points. All in all, a great final to be a part of. Full marks to POCO as they contributed to quite a battle. Very classy side beginning to end. No one on our side walked away thinking that on another day it could not have gone another way. But on this day.....
Thanks to Delta Metro for the event.
Looking forward to defending next year.

LFC2

Sep 8, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sorry, should have read through the rest of the posts. Kicker 410 said it all better than I could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0