Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The House of Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

2pallini

Apr 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can't wait to see Mclaren's first shift.I'll put money that someone atleast tries to fcuk him up,If he playson sat.

Prediction:HABS 3 BRUINS 0

Thats what the pallini's say!!!

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Master of Contradiction

actually I think your a fcukin Moron. Unlike Coppertone I never thought I would here that comment from you, maybe Guinness or some idiot but not you

If I am a fcuking Moron, like you state, of course I would make a comment like that. :rolleyes:

You're right. I do hate the Habs and you're also right about being a bandwagon Cancuks's fan BUT I can honestly say that the 'hit' was not as bad as the end result. I have watched it about 10 times now and Zednik zagged at the wrong time. I have seen defender use the 'straight' arm many times this year in the playoffs but the offensive player did not come into it like Zednik did. I am no hockey expert like yourself :rolleyes: but the only reason he will be suspended is because of the cnut Montreal coach. Hopefully he will be suspended for his threats. He is a typical Habs wank. FYI, I don't even like hockey. I only follow it to win money in hockey pools. There are too many whistles and fcuking face-offs for my liking. Deal with that moderator

GO BRUINS. I'm definitely with Demolition on that one. It will be funny to see the 'tough' Habs going after Boston's 'better' players. If anyone goes after Thornton, Guerin, Rolston, or Murray, they will be in for a good shite-kicking. The only one they could go after could be Samsanov but he would shite-kick any of them anyway. The Habs are gay and will be finished very soon, just like the Canucks and the Flyers. :(

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, the hit was dirty. Considering McLaren was clearly beaten, it was late in a game with a lopsided score, and Boston was up. I’ve watched the replay too, and every time I see it in slow motion, I am more and more convinced that this was as bad, or worse, that Tie Domi’s elbow last year on Neidermeyer. McLaren not only stuck his arm out, he followed through. It wasn’t just a “reaction”; it was a vicious reaction to having his shorts pulled down.

So, to this I say: bring in Gino. Let him go after Joe Thorton. Joe’s a big boy…he can take care of himself! Besides, even if Gino gets an extra 2 minutes, that’s a good trade-off for the Habs. Everyone is accusing Therien of being dumb with his threats, but I think if I were in his shoes, I’d react the same way. The first thing on my mind would be the well being of my player, and the second would be retribution. If any of you guys take a holier-than-though attitude here and claim otherwise, you’re either spineless cnuts, or fcuking liars.
:eek: ;)

Hey, we're not talking soccer here fellas!

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
quality....

Keep getting stuck into this shower, Captain, you've got them rattled like Katherine Hepburn in a helicopter.

Your doing a grate jobb.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Even if Mclaren gets a few games, Im thinking Boston gets the better of the deal. Zednik is out, and he is one of the top threats for the Habs. Dirty hit or no, the threat is removed. Good teams find a way to win.

I think if the series degrades to a cheap shot fest, Montreal will come out the worse for it. Other than Gino, who do they have that will go? Markov?? Briesbois?? Habs dont have the size or the grit to win that battle.

mytwofavoriteteamsare theedmontonoilersandwhoeverisplayingthehabs:D

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Killer has seen this before

Never underestimate Killer.

McLaren will get suspended.
It was a cheap shot...although I dont think he wanted to put Zednik into the hospital.
McLaren was going for the hit with his shoulder, missed, and caught him with an extended arm/elbow.

I see a three/four game suspension.

Guerin should get one as well.
He went low on a guy with no intention to get the puck.....

The series is heating up....

Look for a tight checking game tomorrow...
No cheap shots, unless the game gets away from one of the teams.

These guys are pros, no one wants to get hospitalized...

Still waiting for Theodore...

hello? are you there Jose???

5 goals on 25 shots??? WTF!

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
First of all, the hit wasn't that bad, but the end result was........so he will suspended for the balance of the series and maybe 1-2 games more!

As for the Habs coach, well his problem is opening his big mouth. Sure we all would want to get back at the Bruins for the hit, (clean or not) but you don't say what he said. He will fined first and then. depending on what happens Saturday, will face a possible suspension himself. Had he kept quiet he could have told his players to do whatever they wanted and then claim he had no idea what might happen.......but now the league knows he is telling his players to go out and purposely injure the games stars.......and in Bettmans world you just don't do that!

All this said, it will be great to see some old time hockey for sure. Montreal can't win that way and that pleases me to death.

John

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Minimum one game

BOSTON (AP) - The NHL suspended Boston Bruins defenseman Kyle McLaren for at
least one game after he put Montreal Canadiens winger Richard Zednik in the hospital
with a crushing elbow to the face.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I heard a great statement today on the Team. One guy put it in pretty good perspective: when these types of cheap incidents occur, pretty much everyone says, "I didn't mean to hurt him." Yes, nobody wants to see a guy get hospitalized, and you'd like to think guys don't intend to hospitalize someone when the hit then with either a dirty or clean check. At the same, I don't think these guys are thinking, "Don't hurt this guy." That is their last concern when they are dishing out the hit.

Look at McSorley. He was very apologetic afterwards, and remorseful. He didn't mean to KO Brashear, but he wasn't concerned about hurting him at the moment he two handed him across the temple.

Agree; the Habs won't win any goon show against most teams...especially Boston. Killer, as much as I love the way he plays, can't physically stand up for his team. He isn't Scott Stevens.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
JOSE, JOSE, JOSE ,JOSE

HABS 2 v Teddy Bears 1

Huge Win by the HABS today in Game 6 in Boston. The HABS got of to a great start and got two goals by Lindsay and Petrov in the first and Let Theodore do the rest. They were outshot 45-13 in the game but Theodore was amazing. Thankfully the bounces went the HABS way today as the Bruins were unlucky hitting the post twice late in the game. Can't say enough about Theodore, thank God Cloutier doesn't play for us otherwise it was lights out.
Gino Odjick was moved up to the first line in place of Zednik and had a superb game creating the second goal for the HABS.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dare I say it...I think I'm becoming a Habs fan.

Must be the Dougie Gilmore factor. For some reason, he doesn't get mentioned in the same breath as other great playoff performers (Messier, Yserman, Newendyke...), but he always gives his very best in the post season. Remember 1994, before the Leafs were dumped by 'Nucks? He was, to that point, the best player in the post season. He just couldn't keep single handedly winning games for them. Also, even though Captain Saku Koivu is a Fin, how can you not love what this guy has brought, considering the overwhelming odds he faced in September?

Boy, I'd love to see three Canadian teams advance to the second round of the Eastern Conference. I think I'd be pulling for Montreal over the others though. Nothing to really like about TO, and the Sens...well, they are coached by Jacques Martin. He's a puff tart. Jeez...if the Habs can actually manage to advance to the second round, we have a great shot at having a Canadian team in the finals!
:D

JIM NEIGHBORS

Apr 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
habs rule !!!!!!

:D how bout the habs!!!!
the habs are the classiest team in the league, actually they are probably the classiest team in all sports, if you hate the habs the only reason why is because your jealous, plain and simple. they have been playing with heart not with skill and they going to beat the bruins, the sens, and then they'll probably lose but i'm proud of them anyway. all you habfans out there be proud of what they have accomplished so far and all you habhaters, GRAB A HOLD OF A BRAIN WITH SOME HOCKEY SENSE, BECAUSE TO HATE THE HABS, YOU MUST HATE HOCKEY!!!!!!!!

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy Neighbors, It's always good to have someone with your passion for the HABS on this thread. Your right, we should be proud of the HABS but they have to beat Boston one more time before I shove it down Guinness' throat.

Dude WMC, We do not have a bandwagon here, this is not the Canucks thread:rolleyes:

JIM NEIGHBORS

Apr 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
habs will win series

hey habbies!!!!!
the habs will win the series against the bastards, even if this series goes 7. the bastards have no d and the habs have tooooooooo much speed for that bum sweeney and co. dafoe is a da fag, and he could'nt stop my mom on a breakaway. THE HABS TO THE CUP BOYS ,YOU GOTTA BELIEVE.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big day today....

Well,
I believe today is the HABS season...

Today is their game seven.

I feel they MUST win today to advance...I honestly dont think they'll win in Boston again.

Theodore decided to show up this series....and couldn't have come at a better time.

Take the HABS 4-1 tonight...Theodore with
45 shots...another day at the office....

Go HABS GO

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Appy,

Not a big HABS fan (don't hate them either)...but a BIG Gilmour fan. Always have been. I was pissed Vcr didn't take a run at him in the offseason. Also (as you know) a big CANADA fan, and would love to see them advance. Also, how can you not cheer for Koivu (even if he's a red Commi)?

So...not really on the Habs bandwagon, but cheering for them nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0