Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The House of Habs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Finland, former communist nation, has always aligned themselves w/ the Russians. When the World Hockey Championships take place in Helsinki, the home crowd is always very supportive of Russians, and very anti Canadian.

Yours in history and hockey,

Dude.

Oilers27

Feb 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
again we see the NHL turn its back

Slappy gets suspended just for the series for that sick clothes line to the face. When is the NHL going to realize that cant just keep turning there back on this sh*t. Bettman should go back to basketball......

oilers27

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Did you skip that day at school?

Regs

"Red" and "Commie" are derogatory terms used to describe members of the Communist party. It was a group led most famously by the likes of Lenin, Stalin, Mao, and Castro in varous locations throughout the world. It appears to be on the decline on the world stage since the late 80's and Gorbachev. You can finsd out more using things like the World Wide Web, or perhaps an Encyclopedia available at the local library:D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oiler

I agree. Upon reflection, I don't think this was as bad as Domi's elbow last year (he didn't go out of his way to injure), but it was still malicious, and still intended to injure. As a comparison, Darcy Tucker's hit on Peca was low, but was also within the rules, and a great hit. I have no problem w/ that. Bu McLaren's was not reactionary, as he claims. Reactionary would be putting a hold on Zednick's jersey, or grabbing him around the waist. Hell, even a hip check. His triceps takedown was head height, and he definitely put some extra muscle into it that he didn't need to at that point.

The NHL has to be somewhat consistent from the regular season to the playoffs.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude

I have to disagree with you on the two hits. Tuckers hit was low, from the side and well after Peca had pased the puck. Mclarens hit on Zednik was a Scott Stevenesque classic. Zednik had his head down looking to make the pass. Mclarens timing was just a bit off or it would have been his shoulder. Tucker is a dirty little fcuker, and when a cheap hit takes a player out for 6 months, its crap that he got nothing

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeah, we disagree. I thought Tucker's was a great hit. So was Steven's (all shoulder). McLaren's was cheep. The only thing that really distinguishes it from Domi's was that Domi's was premeditated.

Of course, there are bound to be 101 different opinions on this matter!

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That Fcuking sucked

Boston was unlucky tonight and Theodore was good and lucky. All I have to say now is:

go SENATORS .

The only Canadian team that I can bring myself to cheer for.

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
good, lucky, etc... say what you want...it wasn't the prettiest last two games to watch, unless you're a HABS fan, but they gutted it out and moved on to the next round. To win in the playoffs you need to play good team defence, get a few breaks, and have a last line of defence (Jose Theodore) that can win more than he loses.

Jose Theodore, unbelievable. Doug Gilmour, sensational. Saku Koivu, motivational. Donald Audette, courageous. The team has what it takes, looking forward to Carolina.

Gino Odjick, on fire or what.

GO HABS GO.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And on Novemer 21. Jimmy H said it first"
2 wins in a row and their off to the Stanley Cup.

I have recently withheld posting in the HOUSE OF HABS thread until Montreal beat the Bruins in their first round series. I have returned. I would like to thank Mr. Coppertone, and Zaurrini for their "year round" support of the HABS.

OH CAROLINA

lita

Feb 8, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
admittable so, they did get some lucky breaks last night. Boston is a tough team that no one, well maybe us, thought montreal could beat. Theodore was unbelievably amazing in net (bring on the vesna). Montreal has been on fire (mostly) since before the playoffs, similar to the Canucks run, only the Habs have the goal tending, skill and heart to finish it off. Truly estatic to be a montreal fan, right now. It is the only exciting series so far, look out carolina, here they come. :D :D

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Habs

Great opening series with Theodore winning the last 2 by himself.The team is looking good and have a great chance of beating my Canes.

Can you imagine what Bettman would think if the Leafs win tonight and the HABS beat the Canes,that would guarantee a CANADIAN team in the Finals......oh my :eek: :eek: :eek:

GO HABS GO:D

Gotta cheer for someone now that my NUCKS are out!

2pallini

Apr 23, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jimmy

Jimmy I'm with you,Love to see a Canadian team in the final.We have a 75% chance and the best thing about it is the longer a canadian team is in the playoffs,the longer we can see that great hockey night in canada commercial.

I'll predict Colorado vs CANADA final.

JIM NEIGHBORS

Apr 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
NAHOMAAAAA!!!

WE'LLLLLLLLLL tonights the night habbies, the habs are going to make francis go nuts with a tight checcking first period, habs 1-0, second period it gets ugly, horrid uni's score 2wice habs don't. finally habs go nuts and score three goals to win the game 4-2. goal scorers gilmour, petrov koivu, and i'll throw in asham, I HOPE i'm at least right about the winnning part!!!!!!

Oilers27

Feb 11, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gino

Until the play off i wasnt a real canadiens fan but since the oilers never made it and the canucks are out... im cheering for them and i have to say gino has been playin pretty good.. i mean he isnt any all-star but for gino he is doing good...

anyone else think so

oilers28

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oiler,

I agree. He knows his role on the top line (good article this morning in the Province, BTW)- keep everyone on the opposition honest, and go to the front of the net. He's giving Gilmour even more space to create scorring opportunities.

Hard not to be a Habs or Sens fan right now.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tough Loss

The HABS came out flat tonight and generated no offence against the Hurricanes...don't get me wrong the Canes are a good hardworking team but they look very beatable if the HABS can play the same way they did against the Bruins. Souray was hit from behind by O'Neill and the HABS got a 5 minute power play but couldn't find the net. Theodore played amazing and kept the HABS in the game but the boys upfront were not producing any quality chances and Carolina sealed the win with a late goal. Hopefully they can come out with a much better effort in Game 2.

stilllikethehabschancesofbeatingthecanes...GOHABSGO!!!

gilly

Sep 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Big win....

Lots of jump early, but then stopped playing. Theodore was amazing again, and Koivu led them offensively. Got the game we needed in Carolina, can't wait to back to Montreal, the Molson Centre will be jumping.

Go HABS Go

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Let me be the first, please...

Keeper,

You're a fcuking hockey idiot. Scratch that, you're an idiot all around, unless it comes to matters of male sensitivity and watching chick flicks with your woman. Koivu: 1 goal, 1 assists.

Montreal 4, Carolina 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0