Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier The FVSL Premier League

Now that we're at mid-season, who do you think will win the FVSL Premier league?

• Poco City Dominion

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Peace Arch United

Votes: 12 28.6%
  • Allouette United

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Golden Ears United

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Townsend Park

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Surrey City Pegasus

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Surrey United

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Delta Metro United

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • GN Sporting Club

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Aldergrove United

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Train

Oct 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Promotions

Dude,

As division 1 stands now, who would go to premier? Three of the top five teams already have teams in premier so they won't get moved, and the other two are independant. So, because they are independant they would need a reserve team, thus they wouldn't move either. (Yes, hypothetically the div 1 Aldergrove team would perhaps replace the premier squad if politics were set aside.)

The problem is that not all clubs are equal. A few of the clubs have several teams that could compete very well at the premier level but they can't have two squads in the premier division. If you want a compettitive premier division then gid rid of the reserve league, and let the best teams play at the best level.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Promotions

Originally posted by Train
If you want a compettitive premier division then gid rid of the reserve league, and let the best teams play at the best level.

Train,

Its been on debate for a while, in this thread and Div 1-4, VMSL promoting/demoting (sp) system is very simple and should be adopted here. But you will not see it for many years. As it stands now you will not see anyone change divisions next year (maybe with the exception of Aldergrove) Example: If Surrey Peg loses each game and get sent down to div 1, that puts the rangers team who is at the top of Div 1 cat, demoted to Div 2. Not Going to happen. But who knows with the people who run this league it all might change next year:rolleyes:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Promotion / Demotion

Train,

Let’s assume Aldergrove Div. 1 would earn promotion. In that case, there wouldn’t really be a change in the alignments. As a club, it would be in their best interest to get their own house in order and implement a reserve system. With a club of their size, they really shouldn’t have a problem doing that. Remember: within the club, the club can basically allocate players wherever they want. They could conceivably move all of their div. 2 players to shore up their reserve side, thereby allowing their starting 11 to play one game / week, instead of 2 as they are now. Should that Div. 1 team not earn promotion, they’re in trouble.

LUFC would also be in a position to earn promotion, and allocate players to their reserve side. They may need to dump one of their div. 2 teams, but so be it. The team that could ultimately end up getting screwed is you guys. The players and club would then have some tough decisions to make. Hey: the club has presence in both leagues you know!

With regards to Surrey United, well, they should be demoted, and along with demotion, they loose their reserve spot. That’s the price they SHOULD pay for ignoring their FVSL commitments to field a strong Premier side. By keeping them up as a Premier squad, and by keeping their reserve spot, the league is essentially rewarding Surrey United for being a shitty club (on the FVSL side). Basically, if Surrey United wants to focus entirely on the VMSL, why should they be encouraged to stay in the Valley?

The whole idea is to create a strong club system. It gives the league more credibility, and it’s players. It will also bring the overall skill level up. A player always has the option of moving to another club. Look at GEU & Allouette.

That's my FVSL rant of the wek.:D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That is incorrect

The Rangers wouldn't neccesarily(sp?)go to div two. Premier is the only division where you can only have one team from the same club. Poco City could have four teams in Div four if they wanted. :D

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: That is incorrect

Originally posted by TheRob
The Rangers wouldn't neccesarily(sp?)go to div two. Premier is the only division where you can only have one team from the same club. Poco City could have four teams in Div four if they wanted. :D

True. But me point is that with the cat system rangers would have to go down to min Div 1.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Good one Dude

Whatever are you trying to say?

I agree, if our club lost their Premier spot and we were chosen to take the reins as the top team in the club, we should have to make a lateral move into Div. 1 to earn promotion the right way.

Or, we just let them Storm move up as they will win Div. 1 this year anyway.:)

If a club loses it's premier spot, the logical demotion is to Div. 1.

SC being demoted?

Not in my lifetime lads. :cool:

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
fvsl

fvsl is horrible i remember when we hade a columbus u 21 side oh five years ago and we beat most premier teams so if you aint in the vmsl your garbage and we easily coasted through the u 21 i think we lost in the semi of the cup but it was long ago.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Zenga

Another dumb I-tie to grace the pages; just what TTP needs. I guess Zenga is waiting for the summer when he can go back to the Italian League, where everyone plays on an imaginary professional team, in the imaginary Serie A. At least there he can practice falling down in the box when a short gust of wind comes by, his runs to the flag after a goal, crying like a girl at the slightest kick to the shin, and stuffing his belly full of free pizza. Oh yeah…not to mention working on his fake I-tie accent and playing with his collar folded up a la WOP. He won’t practice any beer drinking though…he will need to get home right away to stuff his face full of pasta.

U-21? That implies that you’re older than 21 years old…that just isn’t possible. You have the grammar skills of a 4th grade ESL student. Here’s one to try when you get home from school: “Mamma…look ata my newa hairstyle! I boughta quata dipiti do, and it keeps my haira so curly! The girlsa all lovea me ina my Iroc with a my beautiful curly hair!”

Send us in a photo…I bet you’re really cute!;)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Fcuk off Wop

Listen, you 8th grade educated fcuking bricklayer, any chance you could use commas, periods, and cap letters once in a while?

Are you going to start up about your glorious Cap College days again?
You know the days when you still couldn't pass English 101?
Good for you my little fcuking jam tart.
Easy on the espresso fur-back, you're getting a little out of your league here.

You are a waste of our time Jackass.

Let me guess, the next idiotic comment out of your garlic ridden mouth will be:
"The Italian league is by far the best summer league, if you don't play in that league, your crap".

Give it a rest Dino.

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
yes iam the best

fcuk you guys suck!!!! Go play with the cows out in algergrove yesh yesh im a chug from the valley. I play for beer!!!!

Have the teams in the wop league ever asked you guys to play?

yes, no , maybe!!!!!!!!!

Calabris has more $$$$$ than any team in the fvsl

go milk cows you fcuks!!!!!

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
move along

Zenga,

There's already a thread for fvsl v vmsl stuff. Use it. Further such postings by either side in here will be promptly deleted w/o warning.

Carry on.

~TB.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just coming here to bring Zenga back to the VMSL, poor guy got loose again. Come on Zenga, the Italian league is coming up soon , don't want to dissapoint the others. I know it is true that Calabria'S assests easily out do any team from the valley but they have it hard enough living out in the boonies, so we must go back to the I-tal threads. Once Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

p.s.: The i-tal league is looking for cat team players, if you sign now, you will automatically get a free wifebeater:eek:

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
lets get back on track

All that shite talk from Zenga and he is not even a player.

Predictions for this week - - no games -- but if there is it could be another big week. Seems each week that at least one game in the mix has something important about it.

Surrey Peg to win over GEU, going to be another close game, big game for 5th and 6th place, loser of this game cancels any chance of winning the league and could limit being able to play in BC's

Delta to win over TP, TP can't even put 2 passes together or know when and how to score, Delta easy Victory

PA to win over Aldergrove, if skytrain was the 'corner man' for Aldergrove, the towel would have been thrown weeks ago

PoCo over Surrey, will be an ugly game:eek:

GN - Alouette, postponed, GN still Studying for highschool finals

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude,

I really couldn't see LUFC getting a premier spot any time soon, but who knows in this league.
We had a premier team a few years ago, and due to a bunch of club politics alot of guys left, and will not come back. A premier squad would work well if LUFC and the Thunder as well as all the feeder teams could amalgamate and put the best players together on certain teams, that way to begin with there would be a decent premier squad and a pretty good Cat team.
There are still some politics that I don't want to get into because I don't kknow the whole story behind it, but I can't se these two clubs getting along anytime soon ( but, then again I could be wrong, and maybe if there is a spot for Langley things could get worked out, but I'm not holding my breathe for it).

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
LUFC

Too bad. I know you and I had a discussion about this after the Remembrance Day game, but I wasn't sure what you were getting at. Langley needs to come together as a united front, because there are some good players in the club, and you guys could probably be a competitive team right off the bat. You'd certainly be more competitive than Surrey United, Aldergrove, and GN are. I guess too- for the betterment of the league- the first team should be promoted, should they earn it. There shouldn’t be any justification- in my opinion- for not demoting Surrey United and Aldergrove. A team like the Players would be a good fit in the Cat league as your Reserves…all young players, most capable of playing a higher level one day.

Do you guys have any structure at all, or do you operate more as independents? Do you have a head coach for the entire club? Give us a few more details…

Demolition

Sep 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Structure

Lufc A, obviously that is our first team, Lufc B and the Lufc Rangers, Div 2 and 3 respectively are pretty well structured as a club. The Langley Thunder came to our club a couple of years ago, from Surrey, I think they used to be the West Fraser Thunder. When they came over they were just looking for a club to play for, so Langley let them join, but they didn't want to support anyone, they just wanted to be themselves in a club. I think there is more to this, but I don't know whatit is. As for they Players these are a bunch of guys who have played together on the same team for years, and like the Surrey Rangers are a group of freinds that like their comradery. I agree if Lufc could get their house in order I do believe we would be competetive.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
get rid of the dead wieght

Originally posted by Demolition
Lufc A, obviously that is our first team, Lufc B and the Lufc Rangers, Div 2 and 3 respectively are pretty well structured as a club. ... When they came over they were just looking for a club to play for, so Langley let them join, but they didn't want to support anyone, they just wanted to be themselves in a club. ...... I do believe we would be competetive.

Get rid of the team. You don't have a structured organization if a team in that club wants to be by themselves. Same thing happened in PoCo last few years, Our div. 1 cat team held on to the same players year after year, until this year, most of the players left the club but were easily replaceable with equal players, now we have a youthful cat team that works well with the Prem team. Plus as a bonus the club feels and looks better as a whole.

Skytrain

Aug 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: skytrain

Originally posted by scouser
Skytrain:

You wouldn't be referring to me would you?!!!

:( :( :( :(

I did say equal, didn't I? If I was referring to you I would have said " easily replaced with a better player, one that could use both feet" :D

Do you not agree with opening up the team of PoCo Express? You were one of unfortunate ones lost in the shuffle when Tayside came over and then picked up by Express, did you not feel that that team was excluded from the rest of the club? I don't even think any of those guys could have named at least 5 guys on any of the other squads.

skytrainknowsscouserusesbothfeettorunbutscouserhasnotfiguredoutheisalsoallowedtoshootw/bothfeet:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0