Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hab lovin' MacZaurrini

My friend and now the Canucks hold their own destiny!!!:D It is going to be tough down the stretch, but 2 wins may just do it??? Edmonton and Dallas have to win all of their games for the Canucks to then not make it... win them all and we're in!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hab/Canuck Lovin' mac Zaurrini to YOU!

Yes,
The canucks NOW do hold their own destiny.

My dream of a Canuck/Habs final lives another day.

Go clean the Peg changeroom...and while your heading home, stop off at Adanac and get those rooms(cubby holes) ready for the Ital League.
Thanks in advance.

MacZaurrini:D

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nucks

A huge win last night,played a monstrous 1st, came out flat in the 2nd and did what they had to do in the 3rd to secure the win.The top line was huge as usual but the Sedin line actually looked good last night!Henrik has found his scoring touch as of late and Warriner is filling in quite nicely for clickity Klatt.The Wings better beware of the Nucks in the 1st round:D

handcannon

Oct 13, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
angry in the east

you would not believe how difficult it is to follow my beloved canucks out here is the nation's capital. I recently moved here, and not surprisingly, the Canucks are on fire. I should have moved years ago. Sorry.

But, I thought I had beef with the Eastern media when I lived in Vancouver. you wouldn't believe what it's like now that I actually live in Ontario. You would think that Toronto was an island floating in a vast ocean above the USA, if you didn't know any better. the last game I saw was about a month ago, on CBC, and despite the fact that most Canuck games are on Sportsnet Pacific, starting at 10 eastern, Sportnet Toronto has, in its infinite wisdom, deemed it more important to show lesbien women's darts finals or American Cheerleading competitions rather than our national sport. Disgusting.

I watched morning Sportsnet yesterday morning for half and hour, and then i ahd to go to work. Nary a mention of the Canucks or other teams in the NHL playoff race. Instead, an in-depth look at the latest Puerto-Rican pitcher the Bleu Jays signed or something. Has baseball season even started yet. Priorities are screwed out here.

Rant over. I hate Toronto.

10-4

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Handcannon,

You are in luck tonight. The Canucks-Avs game is the Sportsnet National game. Eight eastern, five Pacific.

handcannon

Oct 13, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mr. TheRob,

You have just made my day. I now look like a complete idiot who doesn't check the tv listings, but I don't care. I think I love you.

I didn't even think to check, as every other time I have checked recently, it's sportfishing with Fat Americans.

Now, if I can just add beer and strippers, i'll be back in Vancouver.

Adieu

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Watched the game yesterday while I was at the gym. In my infinite wisdom, I decided to run on the treadmill during the last 15 minutes of the game...damn near fell off about 4 times because I was too busy watching the final few minutes count down!

How about that close in chance that the Avs had late in the Game, with about 1 minute left? I yelled out "Oh shite!" Good thing everyone there was right there with me watching. The fat girl on the rowing machine next to me says, "Don't fall off that treadmill!"

Anyhow, it was great to see them win a tight, low scoring game the way they did last night. I don't think I can take another overtime heart stopper.

Even now, the 'Nucks are only 2 points up, Edmonton w/ a game in hand. The 'Nucks still have to win, probably both of the remaining games.
:D :cool: :eek:

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I nearly fell asleep in the second period but can you believe this team?

It's scary to think that after this incredible run, they could lose on Saturday and not make it. What's even scarier is the damage they could/will do if they get in!

~JohnnyCanuck.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ballbaby,

Surely you don't mean that? I have said from day one that the Canucks would be a force to be reckoned with, just like I predicted I would be in the top 3 in the hockey pool. :rolleyes:

How can you doubt my loyalty, other than my Daily Flyers Update thread, which is in hanging by a 'thread'.......The Flyers are going out in the first round and will continue to do so as long Bobby Clarke is the GM........

Captain Canuck

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Confession time

I have a confession to make. I- and I alone- control the destiny of the Canucks.

You see, apparently I have some sort of divine power whenever I watch them at home. My divine power kicks in only when I’m watching the Canucks from my couch in the basement. Every time I turn on a Canucks game as I’m watching from my white couch, the opposition scores. I was responsible for the close games against Columbus and Minnesota, and responsible for the Kings jumping out to a 4-1 lead the last time they played. You see, only when I turn the channel do the Canucks score. Only when I watch, the opposition scores. Last night, I purposely watched Survivor until I couldn’t stand it any longer. I had the game on in my office, and could hear the ‘Nucks were out to a 4-1 lead, late in the 3rd. So I turn on the T.V., only to see Deadmarsh walking in all alone for a breakaway goal. So, back to Will & Grace we went.

I’ll be sure not to watch the Calgary game from my little white couch in the basement on Saturday…

Divine Dude.
:eek:

handcannon

Oct 13, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
kreskin

dude,

I too seem to hold semi-mystical powers when it comes to the Canucks destiny. I remember during the 94 playoffs, people were asking me to leave the room when they needed a goal. It all started with Bure's OT winner vs. Calgary, and continued through the playoffs. When I was alone, all I would need to do was switch the channel when they were on a 2-1 or a breakaway and they would score. If I didn't, they would bobble the puck and fall over the blue line.

Creepy.

Since I moved to Ottawa on December 29th, they have been a different team, I only apologize to my fellow Canucks fans that I didn't vacate the city years ago.

I'm thinking of going on that creepy "Crossing Over" show with that ugly guy that talks to dead relatives to see if somehow I was dropped on my head in a jar of US military grade cell-altering chemicals as a child, thereby giving me the supranatural ability to divine the fates of hockey teams all over the world.

Is it a bird, a plane.

No, just a cnut

HC

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
handcannon,

Your new assignment is to watch the Leafs, all the time. I'll be sure to do the same on Saturday from my little white couch.

Leafsarecnuts:mad:

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Phenomenon

Fellas, this is truly amazing! You see, I too control the destiny of the Canucks. I have three tv's in the house and luckily for me all three allow me to view in a supine positon. This is very important as this allows me to have my hands in my pants as I watch the game. I could have my hands in my pants while I am standing, but I'm sure you'll agree that it would look rather odd.

Anyway, it appears that the Canucks can only score if I am lying supine on the couch with my hand in my pants. If I remove my metacarpals, the Canucks lose possession of the puck, and the other team has a very good scoring opportunity. I realized this phenomenon quite a while back while I was eating popcorn. I know what your thinking, hands in his pants, hands in popcorn bowl, then to mouth, but hey I get all the popcorn then don't I?

I started to experiment. Hand in my pants, hand out. It was that game when Jovo kept giving the puck away. He seems especially vulnerable to this phenomenon. I know, he's been doing it all season, so what does that tell you about my habit? Hey I couldn't watch the Olympics in a supine position because I was at work the majority of the time so Jovo kept the puck and this phenomenon only seems to work with the Canucks.

I promise to keep my hands in my pants. I want the team to succeed at all costs.

Truly amazing!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BALLbaby?

Ballbaby,

I think you're just supersitious. Obviously, it is my laying on my little white couch that controls their destiny. Your ballgravy / popcorn covered hands can't have anything to do with it.

Remind me not to shake Ballgravy's hand when I finally do meet him in person.

Have you met our friend Handcannon?;)

handcannon

Oct 13, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
interesting?

So in many ways you control a figurative joystick to the Canucks on-ice play. Fantastic. Can you control left and right wing with the corresponding hand?

Loin-hockey.

I'm only afraid to ask what you have to do to get the Zamboni to flood the ice?

HC

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
another classic....

Spiro,

That was magical. A truly spectacular effort. It reminded me of myself playing darts this lunchtime.

A sure fire post for automatic entry into the TTP Greatest Posts of all Time thread that someone should invent. Supine. Metacarpals. It had everything but a car chase. 10/10.

It's been a good week for top posts, Fastshow.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Classics

Speaking of classics, you'd have to add this gem:

I'm only afraid to ask what you have to do to get the Zamboni to flood the ice?

Laughing out loud and still picking myself off the floor!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0