Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Close call

Close call last night! I will say this- the big dumb-dumb (BDD) is the most dominant player in the league right now. If BDD can keep up this pace, the 'Nucks will make the playoffs, he could possibly win the scorring title (long shot), and he SHOULD win the MVP. GO BDD GO!

I agree with Appy- Guinness a fcukin peahead. Just review his tragic grammar skills. He's a good supporter though. He supports TEAM CANADA and the CANUCKS. THE WAY IT SHOULD BE! That said, Zaurrini: go stuff a sausage in your mouth and...oh...fcuk it...

GO CANUCKS GO!

soccerplayer13

Nov 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GO CANUCKS GO

the canucks play the anaheim tonight...should be a good game! the canucks have 81 points if we win tonight it could put us into a playoff spot with 83 points tying with edmonton but we have advantage because we have 36 wins and they have 34

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BDD OUT FOR SEASON!!!

Just heard now that Todd Bertuzzi apparently had an awkward fall in practice this morning and suffered a 2nd degree shoulder separation. He'll be out for the season!

Fcuk! There go the Canucks chances this season...

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude

Eeeeasy fella, agreeing with the appitiser could be costly... what does grammar have to do with TTP??? I didn't realise a teacher was reviewing my work:rolleyes: BDD (Bertuzzi displays dominance) is proving he is an elit power forward in the NHL!!! and Saturday night was no exception... teams are going after him and he still walks around them as if they were Scotch mist!!!
6 games to play and none bigger than tomorow night... win that and our chances increase, lose and it could be all over...

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

BTW, a wee incident went down at GM Place on Saturday night... those punters in maroon uni's (cop wannabee's) were out of hand AGAIN!!! There always has to be a scene with these guys!!! It wasn't enough they were kicking out a mate for spilling beer on someone after our 4th goal, but then they figure everyone in our row must leave!!!:mad: Being a stag, we posed some kind of threat by celebrating overzealously and had to leave (I guess)... I've witnessed some idiotic behavior from mates over indulging in the pints before, but this was nothing!!! we even gave up our tickets (6 other lads in the row behind left on their own will) and as we were leaving one tough guy (5'6 260 pound blob) shoves the groom to be at the top of the stairs... he responds with a chuckle and tells the fat bastard he'll sue him if he gets knocked down the stairs... so fatty grabs him by the neck and flips out, so is replied with a magic right hook to his fifth chin (I was right there, but all of those chins were flapping so rapidly I could hardly tell which one he hit)??? a mess could have ensued, but our lads just blocked a few flying swings and remained relatively calm... (a few big lads too)... a couple of us ask the cop if he saw it and being beside me said he saw nothing!!! yeh of course... this wee guy in a suit (appeared to be a supervisor of some kind) talks to me and at this point I figure he's an idiot, but atleast he talked and tried to restrain his mob of wannabee hardmen... one of them actually shoved him and told him to fcuk off!!! we are like, see this is a joke your guy started it all and took off and now your roid monkey others are trying to keep it going!!! the cops (about 7 or 8 of them) stood back and just watched it all... one of them told me to put in a complaint about the maroon muppets!!! He couldn't believe what he saw, but wasn't about to get involved...
Typical of the boys in blue, willing to arrest citizens for consuming too many bevies, but not willing to step in when paid security gaurds cross the line!!!:rolleyes:
At the end of the day, knowone was held or charged (because they knew they were in the wrong) and the Nucks gained another important 2 points!!! oh ya and the game waspretty much over by then!!!;)

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bertuzzi for the Hart

Is this great to watch or what? Awesome first period that didn't look too good at the start but holy fcuk! If the 'Nucks play that way from here on in, making the playoffs will not be a problem.

How about the sisters lately? Bertuzzi is the man :D

Here's hoping that the second period is as good as the first...

~TB.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, and 4 more points for the Captain in the hockey pool........As long as Jimmy Holiday doesn't have Bertuzzi, this is a good thing. Ballbastard has won the fcuking thing but I would really like to hang on to second place........

Personally, I took this game as a tie on Sports Action, so it must happen. :rolleyes:

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Captain Shamrock

Now I just need Texas/Oakland to end up in a one run game for a $97 payout.

You've gotta love the Canucks.....:rolleyes:

Final 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 R
Texas 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 2
Oakland 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 3

Looks like Captain is buying this weekend.

Captain,
Where are we meeting for drinks.

:D

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
snagged a point away from the Kings

The Canucks are very lucky to have gotten a point from this one. Both teams were firing on all cylinders tonight with Zigmund Palfy and Bertuzzi having very strong games . There was alot of hits ou there but some bad penalties end up costing the Canucks when it looked like they had a chance to win the game. The Kings are one of the best teams on the power play and it really showed.

With Edmonton winning tonight to further distance themselves from the Canucks and Dallas having two games in hand, a loss would have almost gauranteed the Canucks would be seen on the links instead of in the playoffs. The hole is getting deeper and with 5 games left there chances look slim.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The hole is getting deeper and with 5 games left there chances look slim.

I could have told that about 77 games ago, which I did..........Hopefully the bandwagon is starting to empty.....All this false hope has to hurt when the inevitable occurs

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am loving it. Anyway, if the Flyers play New Jersey in the first round, which is very likely after tonight's result, I think they might go down in the first round. If the Habs make it, they will have a decent shot against an overachieving Boston team. Ideally, it would be brilliant for the Flyers to come first and meet the Habs because Philly owns Montreal........Time will tell.......

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain

So being honest now, do you think the Canucks have any chances at all or are you just gonna be selfish and say I told you so?:D

I dont care how you respond because I am a HABS fan and we have won more cups than anybody.;)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'd say their chances were good, considering the way they are playing right now...my worry is the other teams. Everyone is playing well, with the possible exception of St. Louis. The problem is, with 2 games in hand, the 'Nucks basically need them to shite the bed 3 times while the 'Nucks win every one of their last few games.

Possible, yes. Likely.....:(

How about big Todd Berduffus? MVP material, especially if they make the show.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My brain says we don't have a snowballs chance but my heart is saying otherwise..........the only reason that I have any hope left is the slide that the Kings are on, and after last night the CAT and the rest of them have to be doubting themselves! The Kings play the Wings Thursday and after they lose that one and we beat the Wild we'll be a point back and that game vs them next week will be amazing...........

yourswithstillahope,

John

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
John... yet again well said!!!

Appitiser and Shamrock go back east where you came from!!! you are both just praying we lose... Why do you even watch the games??? most (if not all) teams are afraid of the damage the Canucks may do if they make the playoffs!!! I am still a believer and that bandwagon still has room if you have the balls to stand up!!! However that open invitation is not going to last if we make it in... Make a decision lads...
Nucks 4 LA 4
BDD (Bertuzzi displays dominance)!!! well said Jude;) great heart and resolve to scrape back from 2 goals down in the last four minutes... Power play was on fire too bad about the silly peno's (especially Baron's), LA has a great PP as well... Clouts, brilliant save off Palffy's breakaway;) Don't count us out just yet!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stupid penos

At least Todd Berdumbdumb isn't taking the stupid penos he was earlier in the season.

But...

Matt Cooke? What the hell was he thinking? Keep your stick down while throwing a hit! What...did he think he'd get away with that, halfway through the 3rd? Stupid gamble. All he had to do was keep his stick and elbow down on that hit. Lead with the shoulder, and it doesn't get called. Mattias Ohlund, same thing. He knew the hit would be a step or two too late, so why gamble? What you have to gain by getting away with it is nothing like what you have to loose.

Now Baron, his was very unfortunate. I though the contact w/ the net was 100% accidental. With two veteran refs on the ice, they should have said "Hey, let's not let the game be decided on something so marginal." Not like he did it intentionally, and it wasn't a clear, no-brainer. The 'Nucks were already a man down, and both officials seemed to have clear view. In fact, the closest didn't call it. Shame on the poor officiating!

That said, I'm still 100% on the wagon, and not inclined to jump off. I may even phone in an order for playoff tickets this week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0