Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Canucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
tough loss

The Canucks battled hard and even controlled large stints in the second and third periods, but just came up short... the officiating was plain bad... (how can 2 refs miss that clown's hit on Clouts as he was skating to the bench and then call interference on Linden for trying to get out of Osgood's way???) no puck luck tonight for Bert, he got himself into some great scoring chances only to be denied by Osgood or even that one that hit the bar...
another side note: LA over the Avs [WTF???]:mad: it is not getting any easier!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bring on the Oil

Does anyone think that Naslund could have gone to the net with a little more speed on his penalty shot? I could have walked to the net quicker then that. He goes in with speed, it's a goal. You've got to score there. 5-1 is great on the road, but when you raise the bar like that, we expect perfection.;)

What was with Bertuzzi taking Morrison out at the Islanders blue line on the final rush? Showed some shades of his former self by trying to do it alone.:rolleyes:Big dummy.

Other than that it was a great effort. Unlucky not to at least tie. This sets up a huge game against the Oil.

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oil

Should be a great game. Oil are 5-2-1-1 in their last 9 and Van is 6-4 in their last 10. Arent Playoff races great.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Other than that it was a great effort. Unlucky not to at least tie.

That should help them get by Dallas, who have two games in hand. :rolleyes:

The Edmonton game is not that big because if Edmonton wins,they will still be in ninth place. It is great how the Canucks get their followers hopes up at this time of season, and then let them down with a solid thump. You must face the facts, gentlemen, and realise that they got themselves into a brutal hole and will not be able to climb out.

Go Flyers.

Captainwhorefusestojumponthebandwagonuntilthey'reguaranteedaplayoffspot

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Gotta win the 4 pointers comming up.:eek: :eek: :eek:

Missed the game last night, but sounds like they were unlucky.

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Bring on the Oil

Originally posted by TheRob
What was with Bertuzzi taking Morrison out at the Islanders blue line on the final rush? Showed some shades of his former self by trying to do it alone.

how much time was left on the clock when this happened?

your just a bitch when it comes to Bert;)

kurgan

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 8, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hammerhead's new favorite team

Hammerhead will be coming to Vancouver for the Easter weekend and attending the Anaheim game in person.

He's admitted to planning on cheering for the Canucks. He probably doesn't want to get pummeled.:eek:

hammerhead

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kurgan

For the record, I have never seen a game at the Garage when I cheered for the Canuckleheads. In the past however, my judgement has been affected by a few pints, and that may be the night it happens again:D

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Huuuuuuge match up

Canucks need the win to move into 9th place and 1 point out of the final playoff spot in the Western Conference!!! Vancouver with 77 play Edmonton with 78 and Pheonix with 80 play LA tonight...

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Fastshow

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
remedial journalism 101

By Christ how I miss the local 'reporting' from the Vancouver dailies....from the seminal online journal of intelligent debate and original journalism that is www.mybc.com
The Oilers looked crisp and hungry as they gnawed away at the Canucks like vultures feasting on a carcass.
That's exquisitely shite. I'm going to use this article to line the cage of my virtual budgie.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Important win

Was at the game last night (last minute box offer);) and thought the Nucks played good desperate hockey!!! LA is no slouch and last night we made them look average at best... Clouts was solid in the pipes, team defence was top notch, PP clicked and PK held off the Kings #1 unit in the League!!!
TheRob, oh ya and that Bertuzzi fella was a terrorist as usual!!! Lets be honest mate you were there last night, didn't you get the feeling every time he touched the puck something was going to happen??? He must be scary to any defender trying to shut him down!!! Robbie any thoughts???

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's funny you should say that. Just before the sweetest goal of the year(Cassels to Bertuzzi on the Power Play)I said to my buddy, "Looks like the big dummy doesn't feel like playing tonight." Then he scores that, and plays like a mad man the rest of the night. Cassels was fcuking awsome. The have got to sign him this summer. I know he'll want a hefty raise, but he is so important to the team. Cloutier was great, and I think he may get the nod for COTW. They have to win seven more. If they play like last night, it won't be a problem.

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I can see the Canucks winning there home games but the game next week vs the Kings down there will be the game that decides it I think...........8th spot will be 93 points, it is still a stretch but can be done I guess. We haven't played well in Los Angeles for quite some time, but I hope we give ourselves a chance at least!

John

GoldenGoal

Feb 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Playoff false hopes

Not to sound pessimistic, but the Canucks are...well, the Canucks. They have little spurts of greatness, but they still remain very inconsistent. As well as they are playing, they still tend to make the mistakes that either makes Cloutier look great or makes the defence look really bad. Ie: Pallfy had a nice chance, and cloutier robbed him. Sorry to disappoint, but lets be real, the Canucks will have to keep building and START the season off well, as well as play hard for the playoffs.

Jimmy Holiday

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nucks

The Nucks chances may be slim but as they are winning games St.Louis and Dallas are losing so anything is possible.I still feel Phoenix is gonna take a dump and they will be the team the Nucks will pass for the final spot.They played solid last night and with 5 out of 8 remaining at home,you just never know!

GoldenShower,we only want positive thinking on this thread:mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0