Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2009-2010

Who will finish #1 in The Rankings before the BCs?

• West Van FC (VMSL)

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Sapperton Rovers (VMSL)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Columbus FC (VMSL)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Port Coquitlam Castillians (FVSL)

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Delta United (FVSL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peace Arch FC (FVSL)

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Richmond United (VMSL)

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • South Delta United (FVSL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portuguese Club of Vancouver (VMSL)

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other (from VMSL, FVSL, NSCL or VISL)

Votes: 10 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm beginning to think Scottyshell we are playing in some parking lots...
the fields this time of year are aweful. It's not soccer the way we used to play.
The fields on Friday were icy and no way resembled your days as a youth flying down the wing...

john

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm beginning to think Scottyshell we are playing in some parking lots...
the fields this time of year are aweful. It's not soccer the way we used to play.
The fields on Friday were icy and no way resembled your days as a youth flying down the wing...

So why are we ( that is the royal we as I am not playing right now ) playing at this time of the year? The league is a turf league and the rest of the country plays in the spring / summer.....so why don't we move to that time of the year as well now.......the masters that is as I don't want to get involved in the Mens / Womens open leagues......

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am with you John. The argument is always that there aren't enough fields because of softball. Well, here is how I think it could happen. You are bang on - leave Metro soccer alone. But, change Masters for a April-October season. And here is where the fields will come from. If Masters plays then, there won't be nearly as much demand for the recreational summer league, therefore fields open up. And, as you mentioned there are also the dreaded turf fields. But, as a masters player with 2 ACL replacements, I avoid the turf at all expenses.

The logic of this is sound, and extends to the fact that as we all age, we get hurt more, and that happens in the cold, on shitty pocked up fields. Our time in the winter is better spent coaching our kids, skiing, nailing our 2nd or third wife, etc.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
SirM..Quite possible you didn't get them done in time:D...rankings that is:)

SCK......long time since I flew down the wing:eek:...the only flying done by me on the field now is when I've tripped over the ball and gone face first into the (parking lot) turf:D

Cheers!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I figure these rankings will be out in the next day or two. First, we have to resolve a couple of issues:

Is Port Coquitlam good enough to go top of the rankings? The recent tie makes this a bit of a question.

What is going on with the after the fact stripping of points in the South Delta vs Aldergrove game?

Sir M.

heanjob

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
I figure these rankings will be out in the next day or two. First, we have to resolve a couple of issues:

Is Port Coquitlam good enough to go top of the rankings? The recent tie makes this a bit of a question.

What is going on with the after the fact stripping of points in the South Delta vs Aldergrove game?

Sir M.

Sir M

It's on website as a replay. Doesn't look look like a strip...more like a tease. :eek:

HJ

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
more like a tease. :eek:

Indeed.

Yoda - MBE was informing me pigs were spotted flying in West Van today, he actually attempted to show up at the Shark Club on Wednesday, and that he's just acquired a cracking wee bridge called 'The Lions Gate' (Or something like that) that he's putting up for sale.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Indeed.

Yoda - MBE was informing me pigs were spotted flying in West Van today, he actually attempted to show up at the Shark Club on Wednesday, and that he's just acquired a cracking wee bridge called 'The Lions Gate' (Or something like that) that he's putting up for sale.

How much is he asking?

Oh and RF, i forgot to bring a picture of my wife for you to keep so you'll quit nagging me to bring her every year, so here's a recent image to keep you entertained until next years party.

Attachments

• Carmen-Electra.jpg
    Carmen-Electra.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 86

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's witty.

How the fcuk did you impose that chick's head on that snap of me in Hawaii last year anyway? :D

I wanted to get that in before Taxman did.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's witty.

How the fcuk did you impose that chick's head on that snap of me in Hawaii last year anyway? :D

I wanted to get that in before Taxman did.

... especially because your body would be a lot bigger than that my friend.... even before the Christmas Break.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The final 2009 rankings will be out fairly soon. But, here is a look at the first rankings of 2009, which came out last January:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2008-2009.

1. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL. Last week's rank: 1). Sapp did in fact lose on the weekend, but their strong performance thus far this season keeps them in top spot. Plus, Sir M got a first hand view, and as a result, Sapp stays where they are. Away to Cliff next.

2. Columbus FC (VMSL. Last week's rank: 3). Columbus moves up one, although they did not play this last weekend. This team is prone to injury, hurt feelings, and occasional diet issues. Home to SU next, in what should be a game with serious rankings implications.

3. West Van FC (VMSL. Last week's rank: 5). WVFC moves up after their win over Sapperton Friday. Curiously, this win was coincidental to both Carphin brothers, and of course Dickens, finally being available for selection this year. The former had significant impact on the result of that game. Home to Inter in a good old fashioned Ambleside grass 2PM Saturday matchup. BBQ sausages may be on order.

4. Surrey FC Rangers (FVSL. Last week's rank: 4). SFC hold on. No game this last week. I believe they play away to Sikh next, and staff are warning the SFC faithful, due to the rather low SMEPR weighting of the Sikh side, this may in fact put at risk their current ranking position. Further, their position may in fact be in jeopardy for the same reasons.

5. Surrey United (VMSL. Last week's rank: 2) . Surrey Utd drop after their loss to RCIU. A win vs Columbus this week will move them up, staff advise.

6. West Side (VMSL. Last week's rank: 6). Westside did not play this last week. But Sir M still has faith. Of course, Sir M is still thinking the Pet Shop Boys will make a comeback. Home to Metro Ford FF next, and staff predict that they may get points from that one.

7. RCIU (VMSL. Last week's rank: 10). RCIU make a big move (not to be confused with "the" move), but their defeat of an erstwhile top three SU side moves them up three. Home to PCOV next, and staff are now asserting that a win vs that side could move RCIU up in these rankings.

8. PAU Blue (FVSL. Last week's rank: 7). This team, a result of not playing this last weekend, combined with a somewhat less than average sartorial sense, drops one. But, once they get back into action, they could prove to be a real contender in the FVSL.

9. PCOV (VMSL. Last week's rank: 8). PCOV gave up a late goal and tied Inter on Sunday, hence the one spot drop. Away to RCIU Friday.

10. ICSF Inter (VMSL. Last week's rank: 13). Inter moves up again after coming back to tie PCOV on Sunday. WVFC next.

11. Wickham FC (VMSL. Last week's rank: 9). Wickham, despite some rather aggressive lobbying, drops after no game in recent memory. Away at Connaught vs Meralomas next. Excellent game, staff report.

12. Mission Blues (FVSL. Last week's rank: not ranked). Les Bleus made a rather bold rankings statement with a 3-1 defeat of FVSL powerhouse Aldergrove this past weekend. As a result, they find themselves in contention for the FVSL title, and more importantly, a top ten spot in these rankings.

13. Delta Metro United (FVSL. Last week's rank: 13 ). DMU is still not going in the right direction at present. They have a chance to bag a win this coming weekend vs the always difficult PAU Rangers.

14. Cliff Avenue (VMSL. Last week's rank: 13). Cliff drops one. Sapperton next.

15. Metro Ford Firefighters (VMSL. Last week's rank: 15). MFFF did not play on the weekend, but hold their position. Away to Westside next.

16. Aldergrove (FVSL. Last week's rank: 11). Aldergrove drops after being defeated by Mission Blues on the weekend. Staff are citing mashed potatoes and gravy, which for some unholy reason, the Aldergrove players chose to stuff inside their socks as the reason for the defeat this last weekend. A total loss of traction was the result. White Rock next, and if they lose the potatoes and gravy experiment, staff are forecasting a win in that one for this side.

17. PAU White (FVSL. Last week's rank: 15). I don't think these guys played on the weekend. Away to Abbotsford next. That should be a fun trip from White Rock.

18. Coveside FC (NSCL. Last week's rank: 17). Coveside have still not played since about the time SCDMTC Blonde posted on TTP. Hopefully they will be back in action this week, and are scheduled against Nordic, which should be a cracker.

19. Vikings (NSCL. Last week's rank: 19). The Vikings are another NSCL side that has not played in a while. And they are getting restless. Lynn Valley Azteca next, and that will not be pretty.

20. GEU Thunder (FVSL. Last week's rank: 20). GEU stays. Rumours are they are close to signing a high priced manager, but in the way of that signing, staff are reporting that said manager will only come on board if he can bring in a coach with a blue velvet blazer and a big frontrunner who is super white but wears a gangsta rag on his head in summer.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stevie Wonder has more insight into the Vmsl than you. These rankings are mingin. Will West Van ever attain the No 1 spot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0