Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2009-2010

Who will finish #1 in The Rankings before the BCs?

• West Van FC (VMSL)

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Sapperton Rovers (VMSL)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Columbus FC (VMSL)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Port Coquitlam Castillians (FVSL)

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Delta United (FVSL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peace Arch FC (FVSL)

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Richmond United (VMSL)

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • South Delta United (FVSL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portuguese Club of Vancouver (VMSL)

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other (from VMSL, FVSL, NSCL or VISL)

Votes: 10 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why don't we make a Master's BC Premier League just like the open is doing? That is the best way to get the best teams playing against each other week in and week out. If people are worried about travelling to the island then lets not include them. Take the top 6 from VMSL and the top 4 from FVSL. Each year 2 get relegated to their respective leagues and 1 one goes up from each league. Should be done sooner rather than later.

JTL

Are you kidding - we have a hard enough time getting a park with changing rooms available .... people play Masters because they are past their prime ... some even way past that (RF). Besides - nobody would want the extra travel and it impacts the tax deduction for my car.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Island teams would come into the fold too and I'm thinking at our age, guys wouldn't want to make those trips.

I call Bull$hit Buddy... when have you ever passed up an opportunity for the buffett on the ferry ?

Let me know if you ever make it downtown - I just may be able to afford buying you lunch.

freddy

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 26, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do think it would be fun to have a September Island/FSVL/VMSL bonanza weekend for one whole weekend to kick off the season. Random selection (except, you don't play your own league). Then, we get to see each other again at the end of the year. Would be a very good beer garden. Take turns each year hosting in the three regions.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
You are correct Scottyshell....Minoru a tie for second for the worst field in VMSL...I guess Richmond will be moving a notch down in the rankings too.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
This week, there were a lot of games not played, especially in the VMSL and NSCL. A few expected results, with a sprinkling of slight surprises. But all in all, not too much movement. Here is this week's version of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2009-2010:

1. Columbus FC (VMSL). Last rank: 1. Columbus had their game against Wetside postponed. They host Richmond next, in a clash of styles. At several different levels.

2. West Van FC (VMSL). Last week's rank: 4. West Van had a fairly easy win out at Minoru this last Friday, and another shutout. Back at home this week at Ambleside against SU.

3. Port Coquitlam Castillians (FVSL). Last week's rank: 3. This Castillanos barely hold their spot after ekeing out a 3-2 win over an undermanned PAU. They are at home to South Delta this coming weekend: FVSL MOTW.

4. Richmond United (VMSL). Last week's rank: 2. A loss at home drops Richmond a couple of spots. The good news is they still hold onto 2nd place in the VMSL. That will be at stake when they travel to Columbus this weekend.

5. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL). Last week's rank: 5. Sapperton had their game against SU postponed this last weekend. Home to Cliff Avenue next.

6. Delta United (FVSL). Last week's rank: 7. Delta won a big one on the weekend, and move up. Another stiff test this weekend against PUFC, a game which Sir M may actually attend. As long as he can get on the road by 4AM or so.

7. Surrey United (VMSL). Last week's rank: 8. SU had their game postponed on the weekend. Away to West Van next.

8. Portuguese Club of Vancouver (FMSL). Last week's rank: 9. PCOV righted the ship with a 2-0 win over MFFF on Friday. Away to Wickham next. Maybe they can drop by Ambleside for a shower after that one.

9. South Delta United (FVSL). Last week's rank: 6. A rather cruel drop after a narrow loss to Delta. A chance to make amends this week at Poco.

10. Westside (VMSL). Last week's rank: 10. This team had no game on the weekend. Away to Metroford FF next.

11. Peace Arch FC (FVSL). Last week's rank: 11. They beat Aldergrove this last weekend, 5-3. They host DU next, a chance to go top ten.

12. Wickham FC (VMSL). Last week's rank: 14. Wickham had a good last minute win over Cliff on Sunday, and are up. PCOV next, and a chance to flirt with the top ten.

13. North Delta Alumni United (FVSL). Last week's rank: 13. NDUA beat Sikh 10-1. Peace Arch Rangers next, a chance to run up the score again.

14. Cliff Avenue United (VMSL). Last week's rank: 12. Cliff drops after giving up a last second goal to Wickham at home to suffer a bitter defeat. They have a chance to move back out of the relegation zone this weekend at Sapperton.

15. Mission FC Blues (FVSL). Last week's rank: 15. Mission holds their spot after a non-impressive performance and draw against GEU. Sikh next in a bit of a gimmee.

16. White Rock United (FVSL). Last week's rank: 16. WRU tied LAFC 1-1. Away to Abbotsford next...just a short drive.

17. Aldergrove United (FVSL). Last week's rank: 18. This team lost to a higher ranked side again. They have a lot of work to do if they want to qualify for the BCs. They have an easy game against Surrey Heaters next.

18. Peace Arch United (FVSL). Last week's rank 20. PAU moves out of the basement of these rankings after an unlucky one goal loss against Poco. Home to the Mighty All Blacks next.

19. Nordic FC (NSCL). Last week's rank: 17. This team won 2-0 over an unranked Guardians side on the weekend. Not sure who they play next, as the NSCL schedule for this week is not yet finalized.

20. Metro Ford Firefighters (VMSL). Last week's rank: 19. This team lost again, and are last in the VMSL. Home to Westside next. They are at risk of dropping out of these rankings should they lose that one.

Finally, staff are reporting that two teams are on the rise, and deserve honourable mention this week: LUFC and GEU Thunder. Potentially these sides could be back in the rankings in the not too distant future.

So there you have it. Good luck to all teams this week.

Hackman

Oct 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I do think it would be fun to have a September Island/FSVL/VMSL bonanza weekend for one whole weekend to kick off the season. Random selection (except, you don't play your own league). Then, we get to see each other again at the end of the year. Would be a very good beer garden. Take turns each year hosting in the three regions.

PA UTD / PA FC has sent a proposal to FVSL to host a Thanksgiving Challege Cup, Sat Oct 9th 2010, South Surrey Park.
- FVSL vs VMSL Masters
- Top 10 teams from each League
- 10 vs 10 / 9 vs 9 ..... 1 vs 1
- One game each
- Cup for the winning League
- Beer Garden

Have not heard anything back from FVSL yet, was waiting before going to VMSL, does anyone have a name on who we would need to contact to make this happen with VMSL.

We all could see how good the VMSL really is.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would go 6 from each league though, ten may lead to some pretty bad scorelines. Or we could play in the BCs I guess.

Also, you may want to check out the dates for the Western Canadians, there may be a conflict there.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PA UTD / PA FC has sent a proposal to FVSL to host a Thanksgiving Challege Cup, Sat Oct 9th 2010, South Surrey Park.
- FVSL vs VMSL Masters
- One game each
- Beer Garden

Have not heard anything back from FVSL yet, was waiting before going to VMSL, does anyone have a name on who we would need to contact to make this happen with VMSL.

South Surrey Park - would the FVSL buy our first two beers for gas money and guarantee no games before 11AM ?

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's a cool concept!

At first I was thinking, why get league blessing, but then I realized we all play that weekend :(

Go top 5, have 2 games @ 11AM, 2 games @ 1PM and 1vs1 @ 3PM

cloughie

Aug 8, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
- FVSL vs VMSL Masters
- One game each
- Beer Garden

The idea is being presented at the next Executive Committee mtg Dec 2:cool:

Hackman

Oct 15, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would go 6 from each league though, ten may lead to some pretty bad scorelines. Or we could play in the BCs I guess.

Also, you may want to check out the dates for the Western Canadians, there may be a conflict there.

Maybe your right, top 7 ? so we have a winner,(1 point for a win, 1/2 a point for a tie)
I was going with all 10, because this is usally a reg league game weekend for both leagues, and this would give all teams a game that weekend from VMSL Prem Masters and the New FVSL Prem Masters (next season top 10).

Both leagues would have to schedule this into their reg season schedule.

Yes this weekend is the Western Canadians, and 1 good team could be missing hopefully from FVSL or maybe from VMSL, this is really the only time that this could work, in Aug teams are just trying to sort things out and allot of guy's are away, end of the season is too crazy with playoffs, any reg weekend the fields are booked up with kids, Thanksgiving weekend in South Surrey ( The Best Grass Fields in the lower mainland) are empty no kids (Beer Garden).
This date would also give all teams 4 or 5 games to rank them selfs in their League.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Surrey would be a great location with the beautiful grass pitches. Beats Adanac or Beaconsfield for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0