Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2009-2010

Who will finish #1 in The Rankings before the BCs?

• West Van FC (VMSL)

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Sapperton Rovers (VMSL)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Columbus FC (VMSL)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Port Coquitlam Castillians (FVSL)

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Delta United (FVSL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peace Arch FC (FVSL)

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Richmond United (VMSL)

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • South Delta United (FVSL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portuguese Club of Vancouver (VMSL)

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other (from VMSL, FVSL, NSCL or VISL)

Votes: 10 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ok, apologies for the delay in getting the always eagerly anticipated rankings out. But it has been a funny two weeks featuring veiled threats, admonishment, ranting, raving, bribery and funny references to Canadian doughnut shops. But enough about Eagles' last Saturday breakfast marital conversation. It is now time for this week's long awaited edition of:

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2009-2010:

1. Columbus FC (VMSL). Last rank: 2. Columbus had a tie and a big win over the last two weeks. They move to top spot, but should be advised that white shoes are not slimming. Away to Westside next in what possibly could be a rainout.

2. Richmond United (VMSL). Last week's rank: 11. Back to back wins over perennial VMSL powerhouses move this team way up. Home to West Van next.

3. Port Coquitlam Castillians (FVSL). Last week's rank: 4. This team throttled Surrey Heat, and then did not play. It is very difficult to be accurate in the assessment of this team because of the lack of strength of opposition, and actual games. So staff asked bored. Thus, they move up. Away to PAU next.

4. West Van FC (VMSL). Last week's rank: 1. West Van continues to defend well, but scored one goal in the last two weeks after a 1-1 draw and a 1-0 loss. Away to Richmond next, and things are not expected to get any better, mostly because Dickens is making his return to the lineup after a little eight month break.

5. Sapperton Rovers (VMSL). Last week's rank: 8. Much like SCDMTC blonde's post surgery upper body, Sapperton has rebounded and made a significant move up. Back to back wins move them up three. In another SCDMTC Blonde parallel, they will be out in Surrey this weekend in a tough one.

6. South Delta United (FVSL). Last week's rank: 14. Despite this side's many FVSL detractors, these guys are hanging around. They still hold first place in the FVSL, and are coming off back to back wins over the All Blacks and Aldergrove, respectively.

7. Delta United (FVSL). Last week's rank: 7. Delta has won two since their last ranking, albeit against non-ranked teams. There is no doubt they are on a roll. South Delta next, in a tougher test.

8. Surrey United (VMSL). Last week's rank: 7. SU had a big win two weeks back, but then lost last week. Home to Sapperton next.

9. Portuguese Club of Vancouver (FMSL). Last week's rank: 5. PCOV drops after getting one point, conceding six goals in the process, over the previous fortnight. MFFF next.

10. Westside (VMSL). Last week's rank: 13. This team followed up a disappointing loss to Richmond with an impressive effort and 1-0 win at Ambleside. Ironically, and like some SMEPR staff, this team seems to perform much better away than at home. Home to Columbus next: a chance to move up.

11. Peace Arch FC (FVSL). Last week's rank: 6. Inactivity over the past few weeks costs these guys. They are back at it this week, hosting Aldergrove United.

12. Cliff Avenue United (VMSL). Last week's rank: 18. Cliff comes back from the proverbial North Burnaby doldrums with a tie with Columbus, and a defeat of MFFF by an FVSL-esque margin. Big game against Wickham next.

13. North Delta Alumni United (FVSL). Last week's rank: 17. NDUA moves up after defeating White Rock, but did not play this last week. They are away to Sikh next. Much like Fantabulous, this team is still trying to find its identity.

14. Wickham FC (VMSL). Last week's rank: 3. Wickham is a team that has earned one point in its last four games. Thus, a big drop. Cliff Avenue next.

15. Mission FC Blues (FVSL). Last week's rank: 15. Mission holds their spot after a slim win over PAU and a DNP. Away to GEU next, in what should be an interesting one for everyone out in Ruskin.

16. White Rock United (FVSL). Last week's rank: 10. WRU lost by four to NDUA and then did not play. Langley next...not sure which one.

17. Nordic FC (NSCL). Last week's rank: 19. This team continues to roll, with a tie against Coveside, and a 3-0 win over Norvan.

18. Aldergrove United (FVSL). Last week's rank: 16. This team lost to SDU and drop. Away to PAFC next.

19. Metro Ford Firefighters (VMSL). Last week's rank: 12. This team lost two in a a row, the last by a converted touchdown. PCOV next in a game where they really need a result.

20. Peace Arch United (FVSL). Last week's rank 20. PAU lost to Mission, but won against LUFC, so they barely stay in the rankings. Home to Poco next.

So that is it for this week.

Sir M.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
WHAT AN F'IN JOKE! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THIS IS SHOCKING, ABSOLUTELY RIDCULOUS AND ABSURD!

Only kidding SirM. Thanks and well done!

Conductor

May 1, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sir M, I believe Yoda was just as shocked as I was to see 9 teams from the FVSL in the rankings. Maybe 6 I could see or 7 at the most. I feel that Yoda hit the nail on the head with 9 teams from this watered down league of 16 in the always anticapated Sir M top 20 being a bit much!:rolleyes:

WHAT AN F'IN JOKE! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? THIS IS SHOCKING, ABSOLUTELY RIDCULOUS AND ABSURD!

Sir M, by the way my apologies as I read your message before I saw your change. Your point actually makes sense now!;)

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Maybe Conductor has a point.

That means that the top half of the FVSL Masters Division teams make it on the list from the FVSL, unlike the VMSL Masters Premier who have only..............oh wait, they're all on the list! WTF?

Make sure to notice that there are only 3 in the top 10 though.

scilaci

Dec 12, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why is the FVSL league even associated with the VMSL? its like comparing apples and oranges. Stay on your own thread. Should be called the Merda League.:wa:

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Why don't we make a Master's BC Premier League just like the open is doing? That is the best way to get the best teams playing against each other week in and week out. If people are worried about travelling to the island then lets not include them. Take the top 6 from VMSL and the top 4 from FVSL. Each year 2 get relegated to their respective leagues and 1 one goes up from each league. Should be done sooner rather than later.

JTL

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hi Jack (never say that in an airport by the way). Noble idea, but realistically, the FVSL would have probably one or two in the top ten when you are comparing the two leagues. In the past, some teams merged and played in FVSL Masters etc because they had 35ish guys that couldn't quite cut VMSL or even FVSL Premier anymore and wanted to play close to home. And they were powerful for a while there. But most of those teams then merged and then shuffled, amalgamated etc to stay competetive and then ended up going over to the play in the VMSL, or split and went to other close to home teams, and that was a challenge. Your team might be really good and qualify for this new league that you propose, but a Super League is not practical, and certainly no more than two at most FVSL teams would be in that one anyway. For example, should SDU, DU, WRU, NDUA, Mission, or even your side be there before teams like Westside, Sapperton, Cliff Ave , PCOV, Wickhman, MFFF, etc? I say the best way to do things is keep it as is: a couple of dominant FVSL teams that try to beat (oftentimes successfully except for last year or two) the VMSL sides in the Provincials. That is where the FVSL until recently flourished and distinguished itself, and now it may be your turn.

That is why the BCs are so exciting in Masters, and I am glad if you guys have a really good team that the FVSL (along with DU and the others) brings to that tournament.

Just my thoughts...Sir M.

My friends HOS, RF et al may have a different view.

But the day we lose the competetive rivalry between the two leagues in the BCs will be a sad day. I say the league you propose is already in place, it is the Provincial Tournament, and it works well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0