Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2009-2010

Who will finish #1 in The Rankings before the BCs?

• West Van FC (VMSL)

Votes: 30 40.5%
  • Sapperton Rovers (VMSL)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Columbus FC (VMSL)

Votes: 7 9.5%
  • Port Coquitlam Castillians (FVSL)

Votes: 13 17.6%
  • Delta United (FVSL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peace Arch FC (FVSL)

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • Richmond United (VMSL)

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • South Delta United (FVSL)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Portuguese Club of Vancouver (VMSL)

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Other (from VMSL, FVSL, NSCL or VISL)

Votes: 10 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
By wins and losses and who you have played of course. Delta should be tops until they lose a game. Mission and Poco are guessed to be good but will need to beat some of last years good teams but Poco has beat Mission and I think the 4th place team from last year too so they should get a spot ahead of Mission in the rankings. Peace Arch must play outside of White Rock before we know anything more about them but shouldn't be punished for winning the games they have played, no matter who they have played.

So the Poco/Delta game should give us the top ranked team in the valley to date.

Of course you must estimate where the valley teams fit in amongst the Metro Vancouver teams and that goes by feel. I don't see there being a gap between leagues as there was/is at the Open level. The Upper Level teams in the Valley will compete with the Upper Level teams in Metro Vancouver.

Langley must run the table to get into the to 20:)

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Color of uniforms also plays a big part of these rankings as well as having a full melon of hair... Sorry regs/ Bro

SirM How would you rate the Lazy river at the MGM this week?

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the staff has to factor in if they like the team, players, or just the guy who runs the team.

Also, lets not forget some of the women who support their teams. That's always a plus.

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
...WAB - if this is true I rank the Sapp possee (sp?) first .... based on your second sentence above :)

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I ran into Coach the other night at Mini Dude's hockey game. We enjoyed some enlightening conversation over a couple of malted beverages. I did try and slip old Kenny a shot of Silent Sam into his beer, just to get him posting, but he was hip to my plot.

Question Sirem: should a team run by a player who routinely jumps out of the path of oncoming tackles even be ranked?

Also, if you bring uniform color into the mix, it will surely screw up staff. You see, there are the LUFC Athletics, and the LUFC All-Blacks. Somehow last week, the All-Blacks earned a ranking, even though they had not yet won a game, yet the LUFC Athletics were left out of the top 20, after serving the NDUA Rangers their first and only defeat. Sirem admitted confusion between the two, so fair enough. But consider this: when the LUFC Athletics play the LUFC All-Blacks in the LUFC darby, the LUFC Athletics will be wearing all black. And by then we (the all black wearing LUFC Athletics) expect to have climbed back into the rankings picture.

Seriously.

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think the staff has to factor in if they like the team, players, or just the guy who runs the team.

Also, lets not forget some of the women who support their teams. That's always a plus.

Good Point ( I can't believe i just agreed with WAB)

I belive Money and bribes go along way aswell, just ask MoneyMan.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude and bored, you guys are giving me a headache.

Seriously.

Dickens, you would not believe it, but Sir M is in a suite at the MGM Signature which has a bathroom bigger than the Hacienda overlooking Wet Republic.

As far as the rankings go, not sure if i can get them posted before the weekend, as am here til Saturday (try the veal).

Predictions for the weekend?

Sir M.

Scottyshell

Sep 22, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
after serving the NDUA Rangers their first and only defeat.
quote:Dude

Okay...yes you beat us...but didn't we put ourselves down to 10 men when you scored the go ahead:eek: ....wah wah wah....doesn't change a thing right....all that counts is "Cup" time!:wa:

Cheers!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dude and bored, you guys are giving me a headache.

Seriously.

You guys better be careful or Sir M will make you Dude, eat dirt, and you Bored, wear the Onion Sombrero, all....day...long................Senior.

ppl_mvr

Nov 29, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well someone might as well have a go at this weeks tilts:

Columbus @ Richmond 3-2
Wickham @ PCOV 4-1 (PCOV getting geared up for the big "Beer Bowl" next week vs. Sapp)
West Van @ Surrey 3-1
MetroFord @ Westside 1-1
Sapp @ Cliff Ave 3-0

Where's Conductor with his weekly predictions?

Taxman

Sep 23, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Here are my scientifically calculated predictions:

Columbus @ Richmond 1-2
Wickham @ PCOV 2-1 (PCOV getting geared up for Div 1 - just joking FantaClaus :))
West Van @ Surrey 3-1
MetroFord @ Westside 1-1
(MFFF down to 11 men and 0 boys for this one Westside is down to 26 coming out - 2.5 shifts each) ... may have to revert to the two minute offence again
Sapp @ Cliff Ave 0-1

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am heading out of town in the next couple of days it looks like...who should be top 5 or 10 in these rankings?

Jack The Lad

Jan 20, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I am heading out of town in the next couple of days it looks like...who should be top 5 or 10 in these rankings?

After recent results this is how the FVSL side should look:

Poco (beat Delta United 3-0 last week, also beat Mission, Undefeated)
South Delta (Undefeated but haven't played any top teams)
Delta United (Strong team but coming off a loss)
Peace Arch FC (Haven't played any strong teams yet either)
Mission (Very good team but have already dropped 5 points)

I don't think any other Valley teams should be ranked at this point.

JTL

bored

Oct 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
After recent results this is how the FVSL side should look:

Poco (beat Delta United 3-0 last week, also beat Mission, Undefeated)
South Delta (Undefeated but haven't played any top teams)
Delta United (Strong team but coming off a loss)
Peace Arch FC (Haven't played any strong teams yet either)
Mission (Very good team but have already dropped 5 points)

I don't think any other Valley teams should be ranked at this point.

JTL

Based on what I have seen (same as JTL) this seems pretty fair. I expect that Mission will climb the standing and then as the top teams play each other there will probably see some more changes. I guess that in December there will be 3/4 teams at the top with a clear gap with a large group in the middle and a few at the bottom that have been beaten up pretty good.

STD

May 23, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bored where do you see the Athletics finishing and more importantly will Dude's hair last the season or is just a thing of the past?

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have been delayed a bit with work, so I may be able to get the rankings out later today.

Sir M.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's tough to find good people nowadays.

It's also tough to get simple goodbyes out of people when you take 2 minutes to use the can and poof (No reference to Taxman or Whataboutbob at all here) people have left the building.

That said, you're all class Dickens.

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0