Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sir M's Excellent Power Rankings, 2007-2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Reminds me of a Yogi Berra (the manager) dialogue with an umpire (at least I think it was Yogi and I'm just going by memory here...):

Yogi, "Ump, that was the worst call I've ever seen in my life!"
Umpire, "Yogi, if you keep talking like that I'm gonna toss you..."
Yogi, "So what you're saying is that I can't tell you you're an asshole?"
Umpire, "That's right Yogi."
Yogi. "I see, what if I just thought you were an asshole?"
Umpire, "Well, nothing much I can do about what you think Yogi."
Yogi, turning and walking away, "Well I think you're an asshole!"

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The TTP site is not just about taking the piss; it is also a source of good information related to the game of Football. That is way I and many others people like me log onto it.

Then why doesn't the league executive embrace these forums to drive soocer interest instead of slagging, criticizing, and down-playing it at every turn?

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Scottyshell:
I guess you could say that it is another practice game for us before Westside final or even Provincials. In any case, we are very short....five or six from our cat team hopefully. If not, I say we go have a barbecue. Ours was good last weekend. Just ask Hose.

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Dickens: put Sir M and Coach in the studio, Regs as moderator, Walks can sit and have some pints (go figure), and KNVB down at the draw originally. That would be some good comedy. Plus we need to get WAB to call in.

However, I have the following predictions in the VMSL for this weekend, in games which will have a direct impact on these rankings:

Westside vs Columbus: Westside in a comeback 2nd half win, lets say 3-2.

Sapperton vs Surrey United: Sapperton in PKs.

Inter vs VFF: Inter 1-0.

Knowing where these predictions came from, if they are incorrect, I will be disappointed.

Sir M.

coach

Mar 3, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have been in the studio before Sir M............But if needed again i won't come straight from the Delta Lion after a nice long shift with Crafty Cockney!:rolleyes:

Love this time of the year though.......The Big Draw is right around the corner.

Testing one, two , three...........

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't think it was as a child. I believe he was the 11th in line at a Palm Springs gangbang with Nancy Lopez and Paula Abdul. That would piss me off too.

I find Paula Abdul strangely attractive, in the way you'd find a coked out cougar strangely attractive. SirM...you had a avatar of the wonderful Miss. Abdul for some time, if I recall

In any event, I'd give it a whirl. That's right, I said it. I'd hit up Paula. I'm probably too old, though.

Attachments

• cougar1.jpg
    cougar1.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 82

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with Dickens: put Sir M and Coach in the studio, Regs as moderator, Walks can sit and have some pints (go figure), and KNVB down at the draw originally. That would be some good comedy. Plus we need to get WAB to call in.

However, I have the following predictions in the VMSL for this weekend, in games which will have a direct impact on these rankings:

Westside vs Columbus: Westside in a comeback 2nd half win, lets say 3-2.

Sapperton vs Surrey United: Sapperton in PKs.

Inter vs VFF: Inter 1-0.

Knowing where these predictions came from, if they are incorrect, I will be disappointed.

Sir M.

Sir coach... i noticed this posting at 7:53 pm.... Did you get lost on the way to training? or were you at home expecting a ride from felix?:knvb:

dickens_cider

Aug 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have been in the studio before Sir M............But if needed again i won't come straight from the Delta Lion after a nice long shift with Crafty Cockney!:rolleyes:

Love this time of the year though.......The Big Draw is right around the corner.

Testing one, two , three...........

Nice avtar.... except the table hides your manpris..... and why do you tickle the bottom of the microphone before you talk into it.....just a question.

Ballbaby

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I find Paula Abdul strangely attractive, in the way you'd find a coked out cougar strangely attractive. SirM...you had a avatar of the wonderful Miss. Abdul for some time, if I recall

In any event, I'd give it a whirl. That's right, I said it. I'd hit up Paula. I'm probably too old, though.

You make it sound like you have really sacrificed or compromised your character by admitting you'd do Paula. Are your standards so high that sticking your weiner in Paula facilitates such an attitude?

OK, I'd hit up Paula too, even standing 12th in line, even if SirM is the 11th. The more drugged out she is, the more useful she will become. She wouldn't even have a chance to slur her words with me. If you are too old with Paula, then I would be too, but that's the beauty of behaviour altering drugs. She won't care!

I'd give it a whirl too. But then again, my neighbours Labrodoodle looks great at times.:eek:

whataboutbob

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside holding top spot is like a mule with a spinning wheel; no one knows how they got it and damn if they know what to do with it. Predictably demolished 3-0 by Columbus. WAB's True Power Rankings.......

1. Columbus - played the small pitch perfectly and came away with the easy victory
2. West Van - fitness??????? Hope for a North Shore League team in the 1st round to get the rust out.
3. SFC
4. Inter - oooozing with confidence....very dangerous
5. Sapperton - caught our first break of the season and must wait to enjoy my summer.
6. Delta Metro United - they won albiet in the WAC, but rumor has it Paul Dolan is back in the pipes and is unbeatable.
7. Westside - a shakey week at the top (also see Tennesse Vols b-ball team) and couldn't get escape the box in time.
8. Wickham - so what if their season is over, they're still a good side
9. Cliff Ave
10. SU - with the ones left standing, it would have been hard for them to win 5 in a row. Really unfortunate end to a promising season.

PS Sorry for trumping you, SirM, but I might be away all week.

SCK

May 2, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
WAB: Oozing with something....might be the fat! I do like our chances like everyone else of course!

Sir M

Lifetime Better Bastard
Feb 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach, or any of you other FVSL correspondents not out drinking green beer or cuddling with one of your mates under a blanket at the moment...a question: it appears to staff that SFC Rangers and DMU are in as #1 and #2 in the FVSL, but do I read correctly that now Mission will get the third FVSL spot and PAU and Aldergrove are out?

Please let me know, thanks.

Sir M.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Mission has to win the Cup to qualify MBE.

If Delta beats Mission then PAU and Aldergrove play a tie breaker playoff to qualify for the BCs.

Cheers,
RF

JAGS

Jul 24, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Coach, or any of you other FVSL correspondents not out drinking green beer or cuddling with one of your mates under a blanket at the moment...A question: it appears to staff that SFC Rangers and DMU are in as #1 and #2 in the FVSL, but do I read correctly that now Mission will get the third FVSL spot and PAU and Aldergrove are out?

Please let me know, thanks.

Sir M.

Coach ......... first it was the Manpris and now it is cuddling under a beige blanket with an unknown male while watching soccer at Town Centre. Are you working your way into possibly signing up for a certain league in Downtown Vancouver that might have its office on Davie St.? Not that there is anything wrong with that.

JAGS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts