Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Senior Girls AAA Soccer

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just starting up for another season, looks like a re-building year for Earl Marriott Secondary, Only have 2 grade 12's, 2 grade 11's and the rest are grade 9 and 10's. Off to LSS today for the ice breaker. How are the other squads looking? Burnsy, what about you guys??

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Played three friendlies yesterday against St john Brebuff (teddy's team), LA Matheson (skip) and Clayton heights (Dirks). Wound up with 2 wins and a loss to the fenian's side. On to spring break, Higgsy's camps and some R&R. Season starts on the monday back.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Studsup,

We lost TWO HUGE parts of our teams who made the provincials the last two years. A goalie and a goal scorer. Not good parts to be missing. However, our midfield and backline should be pretty strong. I think we have 8 grade 12s and 6 grade 11s, with a 10 and 2 9's thrown in there. Injuries seem to be probably already, which is something we haven't had to worry much about over the last two years. We have one player(gr.10) who is on the National U-16 team and she is a cracker of a player. However, she will rarely be around, so I'm not relying on her much at all. We may have to train our goalie to be great on penalty shots, as we have won 8 in a row. Our shooters don't miss much, so if we can only work on the keeper saving a few. ;) :D

We will not be having any games until our first league game unfortunately, but about 12 players play on the same club team, so they shouldn't be too foreign with one another. One would hope?

CAptain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 1 Seaquam 0

It was an excellent game which could have gone either way. It was our first game together but we had some nice spells. It was a very small field which helped them more because they are a physical team and it allowed them to pressure that much easier. Our sweeper played in net and did excellent, making one solid save to preserve the tie. We had a penalty claim turned down on a blatant hand ball(worse than yesterday's) but perhaps the ref had the sun in his eyes. :confused: But he did a decent job for the most part. Seaquam will do very well this year. They're quick and have a couple of quality players. Our goal was clinical. 6 passes in a row....4th was to the striker who went out wide towards the 18, leaving space for the trailing midfielder, and her one-touch pass the midfielder was magical. The first time shot was super by Kira Carre, as she was being mugged at the same time. Great goal and well deserved at the time.....So hopefully we'll continue to improve and I think we play on Wednesday against Semi? How did your game go, Studsup?

Captain

Screw You Captain

Nov 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats on the win and a good start to the season, Captain.

If you need any coaching advice, or just an inspirational picture of me and our banner, just pm me.

Campbell River will I'm sure never be the same...

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Played against Delta Secondary, Riff Raff set-up as usual, no nets, no flags. Possession was about 85-15 for EMS, beating them 3-nill. Tamanawis has officially dropped out of the leaugue after getting humped 8-0 by Semi. No points will be awarded, and each team from this point forward will have a bye when they are scheduled to play Tamanawis. EMS having 2 byes on the trot, won't be playing till March 31st.

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
We've got Delta today. I wasn't expecting much. Tamanawis was the same last year weren't they? Giving byes is a good idea, training would be more worthwhile than playing them.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 6 Delta 0

They only had 10 players which is disgraceful considering there are 1700 kids who attend the school....We went up 3 - 0 after 20 minutes and made changes all over the field. They had one player go off for awhile and she came back at the half. We played two touch the second half - seriously, and we managed another 3 goals. I felt sorry for their team, especially because they will be getting spanked every game. They had one shot on net the second half, which was good. I believe we play Semi on Monday and I know they will be a lot stronger. At least 5 of the 6 teams will be competitive. I wouldn't be surprised to see Delta pull the plug before too long..... :(

Captain

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
South Delta 1 Semiamhoo 0

An entertaining game at Pebble Hill Park. There were good chances for both sides. We played some quality football and Semi were relying on a very fast forward and she almost came through in the clutch, rattling one off the bar. We had a blatant penalty turned down(the ref at half-time told me he could have called it :mad: :rolleyes: ) and had a sequence where two shots in a row were cleared off the line. They had a partial breakaway and the shot just trickled by the post. Another solid battle and I'm sure we'll have another one on Wednesday against North Delta.

We Shall Not Be Moved

The goal was scored by Laura 'Thriller" Miller

Dartsinthehood

Mar 26, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain I also seem to recall a certain individual being sent off in the last minute or so due to yelling obscene comments towards the referee.

I appreciated the very slow exit, one in which I recall you witnessing last year at the provincials.

We wouldnt have these problem if we got refs like Navaro all the time.

We Shall Not Be Moved,

Peace out to NBD for the mucsle rubs today, LTL.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Dartsinthehood said:
Captain I also seem to recall a certain individual being sent off in the last minute or so due to yelling obscene comments towards the referee.

I appreciated the very slow exit, one in which I recall you witnessing last year at the provincials.

We wouldnt have these problem if we got refs like Navaro all the time.

We Shall Not Be Moved,

Peace out to NBD for the mucsle rubs today, LTL.

Really? Who was sent off? :eek: :D

One Dart

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Perhaps asked to leave would be a better comment on the incident. Someone, let's call him "Tilly", became rather upset at the lone official when he, with two minutes remaining, decided that he was going to call what looked like a penalty. "Tilly" erupted on the sidelines and was asked to finish the game sitting near the tennis courts. It was an absolute shocker of a call though. The semi forward kicked the ball at the SD defender, who was about two yards away from her at the time, and it hit her arm which was inside her body near her chest. No intent, the ball played the hand, no foul. That's what it looked like he was going to call as the ball ricocheted to our keeper. In the meantime their sideline is screaming for a hand ball. A solid five seconds go by before the ref blows his whistle and points at what looked to be a penalty. He then placed the ball on the very edge of the penalty area and the subsequent shot went high over the net. After missing the blatant penalty in the first half and then almost calling one in the second against us, "Tilly" was likely a contributing factor in the ball being placed outside the penalty area, the outburst by the un-named individual was warranted.

On to ND wednesday.

We Shall Not Be Moved

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
EMS trained yesterday, no game with tamanawis out. Looks like a tight league this year.

Standings as of Tues March 30/04

Team GP W L T GF GA PTS

SD 3 3 0 0 8 0 9
ND 1 1 0 0 7 0 3
EMS 1 1 0 0 3 0 3
Semi 2 1 1 1 1 1 3
seaquam 2 0 2 0 0 2 0
Delta 3 0 3 0 16 0 0

On to Semi this week, good luck... Captain looks like your going to the BC's again, need an asst coach??

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apologies for the alignment of the stats, they looked god when i typed them :mad: Anyways semi don't have a tie.... typo cheers

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
studsup said:
EMS trained yesterday, no game with tamanawis out. Looks like a tight league this year.

Standings as of Tues March 30/04

Team GP W L T GF GA PTS

SD 3 3 0 0 8 0 9
ND 1 1 0 0 7 0 3
EMS 1 1 0 0 3 0 3
Semi 2 1 1 1 1 1 3
seaquam 2 0 2 0 0 2 0
Delta 3 0 3 0 16 0 0

On to Semi this week, good luck... Captain looks like your going to the BC's again, need an asst coach??

Not so fast, Studsup. Both of our games could have gone either way, at least in terms of chances. Next time it could go the other way and of course, if you have the single knockout games........So I assume North Delta humped Delta 7 - 0? I wonder if they fielded a team..... :mad:

Studsup, Semi is a hard-working team which relies a lot on number 18(Carly?). Number 14 was dangerous at times and they have a decent sweeper. Other than that, they just work hard and don't use their midfield much. Anything on North Delta?

Captain

studsup

Sep 14, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Haven't played them yet, but as always well coached by alex and good coaching in the community, surely a decent side.

lionheart

Dec 10, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
ND scoop:
Well the the north delta girls have a solid group (11) grade 12's returning. They have 2 very strong keepers, which is nice to have in case of injuries. However their weakness is up front. Despite scoring 7 goals against delta, their was atleast 50 opportunities. The north delta team, is very much similar to the surdel club team. So the semi (fury) team should be comfortable playing them. However the north delta girls know your weakness between the posts. The ND team is very similar to last year, know big surprises. Having 3 coaches this year is probably going to cause problems.(3's company) Otherwise ND could upset some teams, but won't be a consistent threat. In their opening tourny in bby, they did well against the north shore teams. Argyle was definitly not that strong this year. And ND easily beat sutherland, 3-0. Well I guess that's all the scoop I have for you. I guess you'll just have to see for yourself what you think of ND.
Lionheart (ND alumni)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
rather fortunate today.....

South Delta 3 North Delta 1

We were rather fortunate to win today. I thought North Delta had slightly more of the play than us. We had some fortuitous(sp?) bounces and managed to take advantage of them. We had a hard time adjusting to the turf and the ref had a very strong game today, making very few mistakes. We did score a nice third goal, which went off Thriller Miller's mug and in, after one of our decent build-ups. Amber Wilson and Caitlin Davie scored the others for us. Their goal was well taken as one of their strikers managed to beat out defender to the ball(inside of her) and then cranked a good shot into the top corner. We feel quite lucky to be 4 - 0 right now but we'll take it. It's always disappointing giving up goals but it's pretty tough to go through a lot of games without giving up a few. Good luck to the North Delta team the rest of the way.

Captain

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0