Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2007/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
4-0 Gers over East Fife today with a mostly Rangers B Side save for the inclusion of Boyd, Adam, Whittaker, and Cuellar.

Boyd with 2, Novo with 1, Cuellar 1 on a header.

Burke, Buffell, Faye, Ugo, Emslie, Broadfoot, Gow, and Carroll given a run.

Apparently Dundee ran Celtic ragged and Celtic pulled out a 2-1 win. Good work there Dundee...

Captain, that is three poor performances in a row...

On another note Boyd, with his two today, became the second fastest Ger to get to 50 club goals...he is currently 51 and counting.

Quite the strike rate.

And he has scored 28 penalties(another one today)..........

Yes, it was a shocking performance again by Celtic.......I saw most of it during my prep block........Dundee hit the crossbar a couple of times when it was 1 - 0......Boruc made a couple of good saves too......

I'm DREADING next week's CL game.........seriously dreading........:mad: :(

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Kris Boyd

Boyd finally got the #9 shirt and now he can't get a game? Getting thrown in late or playing well against bad sides (East Fife) isn't exactly going to help him. He does finish well, but the knock on him is he doesn't do much outside the 18.
WTF? Let him roam and score goals, that's what the traditional striker does! For a team that hasn't won anything in a couple of years our support is sure fcuking picky! Play him, he loves Rangers and loves to score!

~Guinnesslovestheneds

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Smith was just saying yesterday nothing but praise for Boydie.
Impressed how fit he came into the season, blah, blah, blah.

I think he started yesterday and I think he wore the armband. :confused:

You and I see eye to eye most times mate but as long as guys like Boyd are fighting for their jobs at Rangers I'm Ok with it because that's the only way trophies and Euro money will come back to Ibrox.

:cool:

Lads:
The daft wee shite that works for me (An Arabs supporter) :D says that three U-21s must sit on the bench for each game in the SPL.
Is this true?
Apparently Wally's been moaning about this as he can't put his signings on the bench and he's frustrated by it.
Again: :confused:

Cheers,
RF

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, sort of... it is an SPL Rule. You must dress 7 for the subs bench, and obviously 11 for the starting lineup. of the total number of 18 players you MUST card three players that are 21 less a day or younger.

They used to get around it with Burkey, then they only had to dress a few, then Smithy and Hutton were the guys that were usefull.

Problem that Smith has with the rule is logical. He has a Competitive European side, along with Shellick. Guys like Gow and Broadfoot miss dressing alltogether because he dresses John Fleck, Paul Emslie, and Alan Lowing every game as U-21's and they never get a run...As Novo, Cousin or Boyd, Ugo, and either Beasley, McCullough, or Adam fill the other spot along with a backup keeper.

So in effect you are not given more choice then the EPL (5 Subs max dress) because 3 have to be U-21 (in the side, but currently all starters at Gers are 21 or older) effectively limiting you to 4 subs per game, which really means 3 as how often does the second keeper ever get subbed in?

Now if you haven't included a winger in the three subs and one takes a knock you have to play someone out of position.

The rule in it's spirit is wise, as it encourages promotion through the youth ranks...But it is daft in that it limits the other depth players (that only the top 4 or 5 teams in the SPL can afford) to rarely getting a game.

making cup competitions and europe invaluable tools to get the reserves and bench games...

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Ah - Cheers Johnny.

I suppose right now the benefit is how much better as a country we are now could be due to policies like this.
The odds are that the U-21 players you do have at each club logically would be Scots as opposed to imports.

Scotlandforever

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Right,
But Hearts, Hibs, Rangers, The Sheep, and The Tims rarely dress a U21 in the starting 11, and rarely sub one on.

The Killies, Dundee Utd, and ICT's of the world do.

and forgive me if I am wrong, but none of them play on the Nats Team, and most of the Nats team didn't play there...and the future of the Nats Team (Fleck-Rangers, Galbraith-Man Utd, etc all play at other clubs, big clubs.)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's OK - You're forgiven. ;)

It just keeps getting better:

BBC SPORT | Football | Internationals | World Cup boost likely for Scots

I knew being put in the same group as Italy, France and Ukraine was a right fcuk for the Euros, but, knew also it was because we hadn't fared well in recent competitions and were seeded low.
This is another sweet by-product of the recent run and gives us a better chance of getting into the World Cup now too.

:knvb:

Scotlandforever

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Boyd

posted by: Rangerforever
You and I see eye to eye most times mate but as long as guys like Boyd are fighting for their jobs at Rangers I'm Ok with it because that's the only way trophies and Euro money will come back to Ibrox.
I'm not disputing the fact we need depth and players battling for spots... Competition in training breeds sucess, however it seems a load of gobshites are writing Boyd off... I was trying to imply we should not write him off, because he is a proven goal scorer and loves the club... We need more Kris Boyd's in my opinion...

Follow Follow

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
shite disturber. Who? Me? :D

Its a nice problem for Rangers to have. Finally. Thank fcuk for small mercies. It was getting depressing circa Celtic mid-90s. And what a state they cnuts were in, no?

Phoenix from the Ashes CSC

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
P GD PTS
1 Celtic 8 21 19
2 Rangers 8 16 19

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3 Hibernian 8 8 18

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

4 Dundee Utd 8 3 13
5 Motherwell 8 0 13
6 Kilmarnock 8 -2 11
7 Hearts 7 -3 8
8 Aberdeen 8 -4 8
9 St Mirren 7 -7 7
10 Falkirk 8 -8 7
11 Inverness CT 8 -11 6

12 Gretna 8 -13 4

Scott McDonald hat-trick..........and of course, another penalty for Rangers with Boyd scoring it........

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money

The Shogun. This guys is hilarious, supposedly he has been all over Rangers on Youtube for a while...

Last edited by a moderator:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think I forgot to post something............:D

Rangers 0 Hibs 1 :eek: :eek:

Can beat Lyon.....can beat Stuttgart(everyone is beating them right now) but can't beat Hibs or Motherwell in successive weeks......I guess the squad isn't strong enough for SPL and Europe. :D

Hibs are now top of the league. :eek:

A Celtic win tomorrow against Gretna would see the Hoops go to the first place, 3 points up on Rangers and 2 up on Hibs.....

Hail Hail

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I had a sneaky feeling this might come back to haunt me. :D :mad:

Gretna 1 Celtic 0

I guess Celtic don't have a squad big enough either...........:D

Hibs top of the table??????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online