Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2007/2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Speaking of 50% capacity, that would accurately describe attendance at Parkhead yesterday. :eek:

: McGregor, Broadfoot, Cuellar, Dailly, Whittaker, Naismith (McCulloch 72), Davis, Thomson, Adam (Burke 58), Novo, Boyd. Subs Not Used: Alexander, Steven Smith, Furman.

Booked: Broadfoot.
Goals: Boyd 69.
Partick: Tuffey, Storey, Robertson, Archibald, Twaddle, Chaplain (McStay 90), Rowson, Roberts, Harkins, Gray (Murray 84), Donnelly (McKinlay 70). Subs Not Used: Hinchcliffe, Kinniburgh.
Booked: Roberts.
Goals: Gray 67. Att: 36,724

Celtic: Boruc, Hinkel, Caldwell (Riordan 84), McManus, Naylor, Nakamura, Scott Brown, Donati, McGeady, McDonald (Samaras 73), Vennegoor of Hesselink. Subs Not Used: Mark Brown, O'Dea, Sno.
Booked: Donati.
Aberdeen: Soutar, Maybury, Diamond (Mair 64), Considine, McNamara (Walker 79), Nicholson, Touzani (Aluko 46), Severin, Foster, Miller, Mackie. Subs Not Used: Langfield, Lovell.
Booked: Maybury.
Goals: Mackie 69. Att: 33,506

Right enough........:D The atmosphere at Celtic Park has gone down the toilet.......it really has......Too many wankers now who enjoy arriving late and leaving early.........very little singing......too many wankers trying to ignore the Irish heritage associated with the Club. And of course, Gordon Strachan. I can no longer say we are the GFITW........

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well done Jags. :)

Was watching the teletext on BBC the whole match and yes, appears that indeed Partick fully deserved a draw at least with Rangers not in as much of a positive look.

To be honest, I thought we might be a bit tired after Sunday and a bit large in the heed and feared a result like this or worse could be in the cards.

We live another day...:cool:

I'm surprised we didn't hear the old:

We don't wear Blue
We don't wear Green
So you can fcuk your Pope
And fcuk your Queen.

Or whatever the cnuting Thistle sing...:D

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
My sources (Uncle Billy) say that the RFC car is a rebuilt Ford Focus that minty found burned out and abandoned in Drumchapel. Gazza's the driver with a ground crew of Souness, Ogilvie, Swally and Basil Boli (Rangers are an equal opportunity employer).

Forza RFC

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bayern Munich to offer 10m for Boruc. Apprarently.

"We dont know Boruc. We just know Borat" - Uli Hoeness (earlier today)

Seriously. As a Rangers supporter, you couldn't dream of better fodder.

Maybe the Squareheads do have a sense of humour?

Uli Hoeness Loyal

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow - £10M for Boruc.

That's great news Bucky.
Can you only imagine what McGregor's value would be pegged at then?
I'm sorry - Craig who?

:D

Yawn.
Another 3 points at Ibrox today against formidable opposition.
Rangers 2 Hibs 1

I see Brownie and wee Ginger Baws have been giving it the old 'It's not over yet' and 'We play them three times still' bollocks in the press.
Good for them that they're concentrating on the league.
Right...forgot...that's all you've got to play for still innit?

GIRFUY.

:knvb:

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Wow - £10M for Boruc.

That's great news Bucky.
Can you only imagine what McGregor's value would be pegged at then?
I'm sorry - Craig who?

:D

Yawn.
Another 3 points at Ibrox today against formidable opposition.
Rangers 2 Hibs 1

I see Brownie and wee Ginger Baws have been giving it the old 'It's not over yet' and 'We play them three times still' bollocks in the press.
Good for them that they're concentrating on the league.
Right...forgot...that's all you've got to play for still innit?

GIRFUY.

:knvb:

How did your team play today, RF? I'm sure you were there watching? :D ;)

Yes, the only thing to play for......:(

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did your team play today, RF? I'm sure you were there watching? :D ;)

Yes, the only thing to play for......:(

Fantastic. Will he take that on the chin or finally get off the fence? What, oh, what will RF do. And I wanted to go out and enjoy the lovely spring-like day. Change of plans, Love.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Half-Time

Gretna 0 Celtic 1

Scott McDonald with the goal from a punt up the park a flick by JVOH and a first time finish.........I have to be completely honest here......based on this performance I am NOT looking forward to the game against Rangers next weekend. :( ****ing terrible so far.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
3 - 0 Full-Time

A better second half but Gretna missed a SITTER when it was 1 - 0. It could have been a different game but JVOH and Samaras scored late in the half on a couple of neat set-ups by McGeady.........On to Satan's Eleven

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Baz is hurt...McCullough is bad, and is supposedly hurt, Dailly is hurting, and why risk anything happening to Mac in a friendly with the Croats? Boyd is playing, which must mean he doesn't figure in Wally's plans for saturday...

Who Cares, at least they play or have played for Scotland, unlike that little wanker McGheady.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Baz is hurt...McCullough is bad, and is supposedly hurt, Dailly is hurting, and why risk anything happening to Mac in a friendly with the Croats? Boyd is playing, which must mean he doesn't figure in Wally's plans for saturday...

Who Cares, at least they play or have played for Scotland, unlike that little wanker McGheady.

Are you not aware that McGeady plays for Ireland? Right, that Ireland thing again. :rolleyes: He is entitled to play for Ireland and did. Time to get over , JBN. :)

McGeady will figure hugely this weekend as Satan's Eleven have no one who can deal with him........they'll have to double team to stop him......now, can Strachan just get it right this time?

I would go with JVOH and Samaras up front because more than likely, like most Celtic/Huns games, there are a lot of missiles that are launched up the park so McDonald wouldn't be as useful. Samaras really wants to make a name for himself but my guess is Strachan will go with JVOH and McDonald. :(

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Beat me to it. Thanks, JBN.

There isn't a bigger snub than playing for another country.

As mentioned to JBN, he plays for Ireland, as hard as that is for you to swallow. I'm sure if he chose Croatia or England in the same circumstances, it would have been fine.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
No, why would it have been fine? Why is it ok for Shellick Supporters to support scotland when it suits them and Ireland when it suits them too? I and eveyone else knows that Celtic has strong ties and roots to Ireland...that being said where the hell in Ireland is Glasgow? The boy was born and raised in Glasgow. Played all of his football and trained in Scotland. He makes the Shellick First team and the first chance he gets he Caps for ireland because he has a granny with an Irish passport?

It is different when De Guzman chooses Holland over Canada. He moved there at 12 years of age, he effectively was taught the game there (I would consider 12-18 the formitive years for a footballer) While it is a shame that he chose De oranje instead of the Maple leaf, it is understandable.

I don't give Hargreaves a pass, he chose Germany!? the only country more influential on his footballing than Canada was zee Squareheads...Again, his dad is Engerlish, and he picked glory over perrenial failure to qualify. He left to germany at 14 years of age If I remember correctly.

The venom resereved for McGheady isn't because he is a Shellick player, it is because he is probably the most talented Scottish Born player at the moment, although I'm sure young Mr. Fleck will have something to say about that after Ally gets a few years of training into him, and he chose the Oirish when he is clearly a Scot. If McGheady had a Croatian Mum, and spent a chunk of his life there, even a year or two, I would consider it fair play, but to simply Cap for the Republic and abandon the Home Nation is pitiful. I don't know his motivation, the teams are close in level of talent and ability to play, it wouldn't have been easier for him to cap for either as he would walk straight onto either...He simply thinks he is Oirish, and he is 25% Irish by heritage through a granny IIRC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0