Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2006/2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic 1 Everton 0

I just watched the game and it was a little bit better than their last few US performances. Nakamura certainly helped the midfield but Zurawski seems to be A LONG way from match fitness. :eek:

The Bhoys play Man United on Wednesday.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PMSL...
OLD FIRM ARE STUCK IN THE PAST
Vlad: My new exciting Hearts are set to take SPL title race by storm
By Keith Jackson
VLADIMIR ROMANOV last night tipped Hearts to mount a sustained assault on the SPL title this season - because he swears the Old Firm are stuck in the past.

The Tynecastle owner spoke out ahead of this weekend's big kick-off to underline his hopes and ambitions for the new campaign.

And while the big-spending Lithuanian banker admitted he is unlikely to launch any major cash splashes he insisted manager Valdas Ivanauskas already has the players in place to put up a title fight.

Romanov saw his side split the big two last season, lift the Scottish Cup and claim a place in the Champions League qualifiers.

Now he reckons his squad were only playing at between 50 and 60 per cent of their capabilities throughout a traumatic campaign that saw them lose two managers - George Burley and Graham Rix.

And Romanov backs Ivanauskas to revolutionise Scottish football with a new attacking brand of football that will be too radical for Gordon Strachan and Paul Le Guen to keep up with. He said: "A successful season for me will be seeing the management team working together

Hilarious, how long is Ivanaplayersnamedlikepuskas gonna last?
Too Radical! ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Celtic were a ****ing disgrace today in their last preseason match before Saturday. Man. United RESERVES basically pumped Celtic 3 - 0. Strachan doesn't have a ****ing clue. With the first game on Saturday, would one not think the starting 11 should AT LEAST play a half? Well apparently he doesn't. Check this line-up out......I'm sure EVERY team is licking their chops to have a go at this in the CL group stages.

Boruc

Lawson(out of position)
Caldwell (****ing hopeless)
Varga (even more hopeless)
Camara (worst footballer to ever wear the Hoops)

McGeady(only decent player today)
Lennon(the usual negative self)
Sno(a bigger version of a holding midfielder...Lennon and Sno?)
Thompson(are you ****ing kidding me?)

Miller(runs forever but the first touch of a brick wall)
Zurawski (marginally better today than last game)

Subs....VIRGO up front - ****ing embarrassing

Rocco Quinn - touched the ball twice

McManus - had a ****ing nightmare

And that's about it......HOnestly, my Hun friends on the forum....I'm starting to think that Pepe Le Peu is going to just outmanage Ginger Baws this year. Big Eck couldn't do it but I'm starting, especially after today, think this is becoming a reality.

ON the Petrov front, Celtic turned down a 4.5 million bit yesterday and claim they want no less than 7 million. NO ****ING chance.........

I've certainly been more positive in past seasons but Strachan's player selections are ****ing mind boggling.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
PMSL...
Pepe is going to sort our "Ginger Baws" :D Magic...
Now the other side of Glasgow gets to experience tic tacs, whilst the Boys en bleu enjoy tactics...

Sebo should be a Ger any day now as Bernard, Malcolm, and Marv have been told they are well past suplus to requirements...

Now if he canonly find a way to get Nacho and Hutton somewhere else...;)

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes, I had a chuckle about you calling him 'Ginger Baws' too Captain. :D

BlueNoseJohn said:
as Bernard, Malcolm, and Marv have been told they are well past suplus to requirements...

That's too bad about Boab.
I always liked the way he signed autographs for the Huns.

:D

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlueNoseJohn said:
PMSL...
Pepe is going to sort our "Ginger Baws" :D Magic...
Now the other side of Glasgow gets to experience tic tacs, whilst the Boys en bleu enjoy tactics...

Sebo should be a Ger any day now as Bernard, Malcolm, and Marv have been told they are well past suplus to requirements...

Now if he canonly find a way to get Nacho and Hutton somewhere else...;)

I wouldn't be too sure about Sebo.....of course a player none of us have ever seen/heard before......:D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/5171950.stm

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
No-one's mentioned Hearts' CL result. 3-0. I don't give a toss that the Bosnians are from a part-timers league. That's a good result considering what's on the line and the time of year.

Could be 3rd place for Sellick this year?

Sebowhatshisface Loyal

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast said:
No-one's mentioned Hearts' CL result. 3-0. I don't give a toss that the Bosnians are from a part-timers league. That's a good result considering what's on the line and the time of year.

Could be 3rd place for Sellick this year?

Sebowhatshisface Loyal

Honestly, Buckfast, the squad out there today would be lucky to get third. I'm not joking......:(

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Welcome to RFC 2005-2006. Would drive you to drink. Speaking of which, time for a g'n't.

Hendrick's Gin Loyal

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast said:
No-one's mentioned Hearts' CL result. 3-0.

Bucky:
I was surfing around trying to find that result.
Typical - If it doesn't involve the OF no one cares I guess.
Well done to the Jambos.

Do they have to play another round if they win this qualifier?

Captian:
Yes, well done on the Everton game.
Was it Everton's starting line up?

GIRUY ;)

:knvb:

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Along the lines of Tristan, and a whole host of other 'targets' this year ;)
PLG bids on realistic targets, even if you can't put a face to the name Sebo. :D

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would be very good signings. Wouldn't miss Petrov or Hartson with those two. However, you're in tough for the Ukranian - Inter & Fiorentina. Celtic's current form, CL or not, is not the showcase you would want when courting.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's BBC News now too. :D ;) so it must be true. :rolleyes:

You're definitely right about the current form of Celtic... I'd be surprised if JVOH would make a move with PSV already in the group stages too. From all accounts, he is very well like at PSV.....I guess they can continue to tease us........

Now, to address that left-back/center back issue........:(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/5219744.stm

Of course the article came from the Daily Record........:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0