Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2006/2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Typical shite post. As far as Celtic supporters go, sure wish you hadn't scared Jinky off. Your patter is milquetoast.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast said:
Typical shite post. As far as Celtic supporters go, sure wish you hadn't scared Jinky off. Your patter is milquetoast.

Anyway........I'd like some jam on that please.

Bucky, fancy a drink at the Nations Cup? Who will you be supporting? Scotland? England? Croatia? Canada? First rounds on me. Actually you might even support Ireland as Guinness is playing. And we have another Rangers/Linfield supporter on the squad too. See, I have not problem with people who support Rangers/Linfield, at least the ones who are nice people. So, what would you like to drink, Bucky? We'll go to BB's and have a nice pint or two. What do you say, big man? :)

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I sense a wolf in sheep's clothing, Captain. Are you arranging a knee-capping for your favourite Rangers supporter?

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I would assume he's 'knee-slapping' anyway Bucky.

See, the odds of the likes of you coming anywhere near a local football pitch and using words like 'Big Man' to address you, well, sorry to sound condescending, but it's comedy my dear boy.

Hugh boyd is where it's at this weekend by the way and becasue you've never played there before, ;) , it's at #1 and Francis.

Have a nice day,
RF

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And the only reason you're playing? Kenno needs a write-off for the impressive beer sales.

Handydart Loyal

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Buckfast said:
I sense a wolf in sheep's clothing, Captain. Are you arranging a knee-capping for your favourite Rangers supporter?

Buckfast,

I promise you a couple of pints. Heineken work for you? No knee-capping this weekend. Trying to play in one game will be enough for my knees as they are. A knee-capping might help me.......:(

We will be having a tailgate party as there is a restricted beer garden, with $4 piss water. So the offer stands. :)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
I would assume he's 'knee-slapping' anyway Bucky.

See, the odds of the likes of you coming anywhere near a local football pitch and using words like 'Big Man' to address you, well, sorry to sound condescending, but it's comedy my dear boy.

Hugh boyd is where it's at this weekend by the way and becasue you've never played there before, ;) , it's at #1 and Francis.

Have a nice day,
RF

Actually, the REAL football is at Minoru and Richmond High.......mainly Minoru. :)

Bucky, I will be at Minoru all weekend. Cheers.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bluenose,

It was a moral victory actually scoring a goal. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little concerned at this point because the first half was the worst Celtic has played in all the games so far. The second half was better with Sno replacing Lennon in the middle of the park.

Craig Beattie did his ****ing hamstring AGAIN. That Bhoy just can't stay fit and will out for a long time AGAIN.

Petrov/Lennon/Telfer/McManus were all ****ing horrible. Kenny Miller registered his first shot on target......:rolleyes:

Things are not looking good at the moment with games against Chelsea/Everton/ManU coming up..........

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well,
They scored their first goal, good on Quinn.
Now onto securing a victory.
I know friendlies mean fcuk all, and the Revs were probably not dressing their best, as Cellick probably weren't either,
But 22 shots to 4 at one ponit for the REVS!?
Is that shocking defending by the Tic? Or Horrible finishing by the Revs?

The Championship looks to have ruined an already suspect footballer in Kenny Miller.

TB Brutally Honest. I haven't seen any of the games, just hilights, has Riordan looked at all good? I know he was booked for dissent in the 84th v NE.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Honestly, Bluenose, the only player who has looked consistently good has been Jarosik. Riordan has barely played.......McGeady has been decent too but he is still proned to holding the ball too long.

As for the shots total.....They had 3 good chances and Marshall made some decent saves. The majority of their shots were blocked and were from distance, so I wouldn't read into that too much. Watching all five games so far, CEltic's attack has been disjointed and having Lennon and Petrov on the field isn't helping at all because of laziness and not caring.

We have to remember that Zurawski, Nakamura, Maloney(played once), and Boruc haven't played. Bringng them into the mix should help. The reality is Strachan doesn't have a ****ing clue if he is seriously considering playing Telfer again. McManus and Caldwell will be accidents waiting to happen and Wilson, who has been steady so far, is playing out of position. Our midfield will be okay once Strachan realizes Lennon shouldn't be there and they get rid of the fcuking cry baby, Petrov, and get some much needed cash. To be honest though, i don't see Rangers being much better with a lot of untested players.......but may Le Guen is a better manager and that might be the difference.

Bluenose, will you be at the Nations Cup? I would like to buy you a beer if you're there. Cheers.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
I may try and get down to the Cup this weekend! I want to come down and watch some games, are you playing?

Strachan has his challenges, as did Mcleish.
I am happy to say that Le Guen (yet to be seen) is probably the highest quality, Mowbray is good tactically, but Le Guen turned Lyon into a real good team. I have seen quotes from players saying how they love the way Le guen has them playing a less direct style (basically Marvin Andrews bombing the ball up the pitch as far as he can to Prso who dribbles it into the corner, for a cross to nobody, as he is the guy who should be recieving them...) Fan-Fanny says he wants to stay now, that he is confident playing in Scotland now, wow, how a manager can change his attitude!? Perhaps it was en Francais?

I'm sure Strachan won't lose the plot and transfer in Garbage when he finally does get Petrov tae fcuk. Lennon needs to retire.

May run you down this weekend for that Pint :p

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
BlueNoseJohn said:
I may try and get down to the Cup this weekend! I want to come down and watch some games, are you playing?

Strachan has his challenges, as did Mcleish.
I am happy to say that Le Guen (yet to be seen) is probably the highest quality, Mowbray is good tactically, but Le Guen turned Lyon into a real good team. I have seen quotes from players saying how they love the way Le guen has them playing a less direct style (basically Marvin Andrews bombing the ball up the pitch as far as he can to Prso who dribbles it into the corner, for a cross to nobody, as he is the guy who should be recieving them...) Fan-Fanny says he wants to stay now, that he is confident playing in Scotland now, wow, how a manager can change his attitude!? Perhaps it was en Francais?

I'm sure Strachan won't lose the plot and transfer in Garbage when he finally does get Petrov tae fcuk. Lennon needs to retire.

May run you down this weekend for that Pint :p

I am going to attempt to play but my guess is it will last one game........:D and the rest will be spent in a cooler. :)

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nicely done,
I cannae wait for the Season to start up again so I can remember what it is like to reach into the cooler follow-following a match to grab a cold one.
35-40 degree weather expected for the weekend, good footy to watch, sun shine, and good looking birds everywhere in as little clothing as possible... Is it Friday yet!?

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
SLUR ON SCOTTISH FOOTBALL

Has hell frozen over? Surely not in this heat ;)
Check out this article from the Daily Rhecord:
Daily Rhecord Wrote:
EXCLUSIVE: A SLUR ON SCOTTISH FOOTBALL
MP slams cop ban on Gers fans
By Keith Jackson
ENGLISH police insulted all of Scottish football by banning Rangers' friendly at Bolton, a furious MP said last night.

Greater Manchester Police claimed that having Gers fans in the town would put public safety at risk.

But Labour MP Jim Sheridan, chairman of the Commons Scottish Football Group, accused the cops of an "outrageous slur" on Scots supporters.

Sheridan has written to Home Secretary John Reid demanding a Government inquiry into the decision.

And another Scots Labour MP, Celtic fan Jim Devine, wants a personal explanation from the senior officer who scrapped Tuesday's game.

Paisley and Renfrewshire North MP Sheridan said: "To make this decision - on the grounds of public safety - is an outrageous slur on Rangers, on their thousands of decent supporters and on all Scottish football fans.

Advertisement

"This sounds to me like a monumental over-reaction from the people in charge of Greater Manchester Police. There was no tangible evidence that Rangers fans would cause trouble in Bolton.

"I have asked John Reid to investigate this matter."

Sheridan added: "Our own Prime Minister is backing plans for a British Olympic football team. How can we have a British team if we're not going to allow Scottish supporters to cross the Border to support it?"

Devine plans to write to the senior officer who made the decision to ban Rangers.

Chief Superintendent Dave Lea caused fury when he said he made the move to protect the 261,000 people who live and work in Bolton.

Devine said: "Many thousands of decent and peaceful Rangers fans had booked up for this trip and are now left in the lurch.

"I'll be letting Mr Lea know that in my opinion, police are there to identify troublemakers and deal with them, not to brand the entire Rangers support as hooligans."

Rangers were furious with the police and alerted the Scottish parliament to the situation. The game with Bolton will now be played behind closed doors in Glasgow on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0

Latest posts