Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Scottish Premier League News 2004/05

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's understandable that Rangersnaenever was surprised by the sale of Boumsong.

Afterall, Rangers are the masters of deceit.

From ETIMS,

Contributed by Hullbhoy
Thursday, 06 January 2005

Boom, Boom – Quotes from a short career

"He is the kind of player who will be a foundation for the team"

The then Rangers Chairman, John McLelland announces to the world the capture of Boumsong in December 2003.

"It's a five-year deal but it's not a gamble.”

Yup, he said years not months. McLelland states emphatically the long term nature of the contract.

''He is not moving - end of story.”

It’s the 21 August and shortly after Boumsong’s arrival, Eck puts up his first defence of an alleged move to Newcastle.

''If Alex McLeish is not coach of Rangers I will be leaving.”

6 days later and with the huns papped out of the Champions League Boumsong anticipates the end for McLeish and states his intention. Only four games played for the huns at this point.

''David Murray, the president, told me along with my mother and my agent that if I am not happy at any time the door was open to leave.”

Uh oh, it’s another one of those “get out” comments from Boumsong. He even throws his mammy into the case for leaving.

''We are a new team and we need time to gel and Alex McLeish should be given time to build the team.''

Now he’s most definitely at it. This one’s from 26 August.

"How could we possibly sell one of our best players? We are trying to build a team and Jean-Alain has just arrived.”

And in steps Emperor Mint himself on 31 August. Murray’s mock defence of his desire to keep Boumsong is delivered with the usual capacity to deceive. What would the bank think Mr Mint?

“I’m very happy with Rangers. I want to stay.''

We’re into mid September now and Mr Boumsaga’s porky pies are beginning to stack up now.

''Alex McLeish is under even more pressure than the players. His job is under threat but I have to make it clear I wouldn't leave Rangers if he is sacked.”

3 days later he trumps his own previous statements with this assurance that he won’t be leaving.

''You know you have played well in the UEFA Cup when you have played in it in the spring.”

Haw, haw, Boomsaga delivers a killer comment following the UEFA Cup draw and before a ball (or another Russian head) was kicked The huns were talking about winning the thing at that time and of course Boomsaga was going to be there to help them lift the trophy, wasn’t he. Wasn’t he??

''But I think the reason we didn't qualify was that we had a lot of new players and we were trying to get to know each other. Now we know each other well.''

Another reflection from the “player to build the team round” as to why the huns missed out on Champions League qualification. Obviously he’d got to know them too well by 31 December.

''My near future is with Rangers and I want to give my best to them. If something happens, it happens but if I am happy here I don't want to go. I hope to stay here for a long time. If we don't make it into the next round of the UEFA Cup that would be a failure but that does not mean I would have to consider my future.”

“Near future” obviously only meant 28 days as this quote from Boumsong was splashed across the media on 3 December. We know that most retailers allow 28 days to return goods but this is stretching it a bit.

“I don’t mind I can't stop that sort of thing and I have no problem about it at all.”

At the same time Eck hardly plays hardball at the first signs that Newcastle are after Boomsaga.

''There may come a time when Jean-Alain feels he may have to do something different, but he seems very happy just now.”

Two days later and Eck is breezing around without a care in the world.

''It is not something I have been perturbed about, probably because Graeme and the chairman are great friends. We are all perfectly calm about the whole situation.''

Uh oh, I wonder if the penny was starting to drop in Eck’s mind. Cogs whirring slowly round as Eck realises that the friendship between “Graeme” and the “Chairman” always end up with the two conjuring up some dodgy deal. No doubt the Emperor Mint and the Beast were “perfectly calm”. The plot starts to sicken.

''It now means we are in a position where we do not need to sell any of our players.”

The Emperor Mint issues another one of his unequivocal statements following the abysmal take up on the huns share issue. So successful share issue and no player sales. Right ye are. Keep spinning those plates on sticks, Dave.

''Frankly, unless Real Madrid were to come in for me, I'm really not interested in moving from Rangers at all.''

It’s December 14 now and in a low key event on the night of the 13th the Bernabeu stadium in Madrid was transported lock, stock and Beckham to the fair city of Newcastle-upon-Tyne. The club discarded its famous all white strip in favour of a black and white stripe jersey. The galacticos were instantly renamed the “toon army” and the most puzzling thing is nobody saw this happen except Mr Boomsaga.

''I would really like Boumsong to stay but it is his choice and he has to do what is best for himself and his family. 'I will support his decision whatever he does. I did not know that Newcastle had made a bid for him and I do not know if Jean-Alain did either.”

Oops!! The huns are oot of Europe now and on the eve of the game the Beast and Emperor Mint have done the dirty deed of agreeing to a sale. Here we see the Reverend Marvin Andrews not even bothering to call on his usual trusty beliefs. The Mint, The Beast, the two evil forces at work. This one’s too tall an order for the Reverend to call on divine intervention.

''He was always destined to move on.”

Cat’s out the bag now. Willie Mackay tells the truth. Wait a minute? An agent more honest than all the other parties? Shurely shome mishtake!

“Boumsong is still a Rangers player, we don't want him to go and quite simply people will be speculating about him pulling out today but that's how it is and we hope that he's here for the foreseeable future.”

Lying, or in the dark? You decide. Eck delivers the most naïve or fckwittingly stupid statement 3 days before the player is seen wearing the black and white stripes of Real Madrid on Tyneside.

''That's right. It was agreed this morning. Everything has been sorted out and he is having his medical now.''

And so the Boomsaga ends with Mackay confirming the departure on New Years Eve.

£8 milliion aint a bad deal for a player but when you’ve knocked off Boomsagas 15%, paid Mackay his 5%, paid off the balance owed to Everton for Michael Ball, paid 5% of the fee each to Auxerre and Le Havre it puts a big hole in the fee and then of course there’s always the shortfall from the share issue……………

And finally back to where they started on the Boomsaga,

"He is the kind of player who will be a foundation for the team"

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: What's up Jinky's arse???

It is official, you're not a Celtic supporter at all...You are however, some sick twisted pervert that is really lonely and has a big hate for Rangers... What a life... Cutting and pasting OLD quotes to proove what???
-That you think Murray's a kunt???
-Boumsong was never planning on stayiong at Ibrox???
-McLeish is next to be leaving???
-Still bitter about Larsson heading to the nou camp???

I'm not sure (nor is anyone else on planet earth) why or where this is all coming from??? Maybe you need yer ma to tell you she loves you more often??? Boumsong came and went, end of story... Rangers will still win the treble...

Cheers, Guinness

BTW Steve, sorry I couldn't make it out... I'll catch you next time @ La Rocca

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: What's up Jinky's arse???

Guinness said:
I'm not sure (nor is anyone else on planet earth) why or where this is all coming from???

So you are the Earth's new spokesman are you? What a shame since most people with a clue would understand that I am a Celtic supporter winding up Rangers supporters on the eve of a big derby match. It obviously worked on you since you came back with such a nasty personal attack devoid of any substance. Why the personal attack John?

Guinness said:
It is official, you're not a Celtic supporter at all...

How do you figure that John?

Guinness said:
You are however, some sick twisted pervert that is really lonely and has a big hate for Rangers...

Well you're half right there, well done.

Guinness said:
What a life... Cutting and pasting OLD quotes to proove what???

I cut and pasted one article from the ETIMS website. You did read that didn't you? It took about two seconds to do. And what was I trying to proove(sic)?
That Rangers are a selling club. Hurts doesn't it?

Guinness said:
-That you think Murray's a kunt???

Ironsides is taking the Rangers support for a ride, just ask Bucky, I love him.

Guinness said:
-Boumsong was never planning on stayiong at Ibrox???

No flies on you Einstein.

Guinness said:
-McLeish is next to be leaving???

I sincerely hope not.

Guinness said:
-Still bitter about Larsson heading to the nou camp???

No, all good things must come to an end.

Rangers will not win the treble.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yeh, the Croatian Cultural Centre just opened an annex down there. It's right by the ice cream shop. BTW jinky how do you do that with all the pasting, and bolding, and quotey things. Thats pure magik.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have seen that shop, there is a bunch of guys out front with a box of empty Canadians, talking about how they should have and could have won the European Cup.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Why soo personal???

Jinky, wrong again... No personal attack, just trying to get a bite from Aunty Jinks and it worked!!! ;) In all honesty, I thought (as you usually do) posted more news about RANGERS than you ever do about Celtic??? It could just be my perception, but that seems to be the case here in the Scottish Premier Thread... Any chance you get at kicking Rangers in the chops or posting some more debt news, you're like the National Inquirer... I guess when The Gers win tomorrow you'll post something about a missed PK, missed offside or have a moan about some biast official not giving Ricksen a red???

HOS, you can catch the match in New West at the Orange Hall...

The treble is still on, Guinness

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
RF, Guiness, Bucky and whatever hingers oan yae huv this week. Change yer wee sigs to, The double is on.

steve1234

Jan 31, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rangerforever said:
Is that for you, or us? :p

Fcuk's sakes man...

Eck says we were robbed.

Who watched?

Update please Grumpy, I mean Jinky. ;)

Robbed my arse, even the match report from BBC tells the tale of a very dominating first half from celtic, followed by some decent rangers pressure in the first 20 of the second. Then celtic ran the show pretty much.

Tried to watch on a stream from soccerstreams, the buffering was brutal. The Newcastle game was a lot better. If anyone has winamp and wants to watch the games streaming live P.M me.

And just for Guinness.

The Celtic players were appealing for a penalty when Thompson's free-kick struck Djordjic before Hartson headed McGeady's cross over the top from under the crossbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0