Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier RUMOUR: Surrey Utd. to FVSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Best new thread on TTP! :D

Honestly, I thought 15 or so years ago (God, been on TTP a long time now) that at some point, the tide would have to shift over to the Valley as being a more desirable place to play- for a lot of good reasons.

Mainly, and obviously, cost of real estate for young people. I was young once, and chose to buy a house in Cloverdale for $225K that would have cost me an extra $50 in Coquitlam, and another $100K in Burnaby...then dramatically worse as you moved into the City, then North Van. Well, that home is now selling for $800K out here, and we all know what the real estate market is doing in Vancouver. The affordability equation factored in for guys like me, and Utah...and now you have Mini Utah running the show as one of the FVSL's bright and upcoming players. Suffice to say, he's playing in the Valley because he has roots in the Valley.

That said, I predicted a shift then, and it still hasn't happened- and maybe now, literally a generation later, it is starting. Local footy politics may have more to do with this, but perhaps now, the stars are aligning such that it makes sense for guys to shift over to the FVSL.

The West Van thing is still baffling to me, but whatever...if there can be a Langley team in the VMSL, why can't there be a West Van team? Both are stupid, but it's a bit of a turf war.

The latest Provincial results are obvious...the VMSL is still the top dog, and I'm sure will remain so, as far as number of top level squads, for a while. But maybe, with a couple of savvy shifts / acquisitions, the power will start to shift.

Maybe by the time I have grandkids...

tremy-1

Sep 18, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you saying that the FVSL thinks that recruiting 3, 4 or 5 teams from the VMSL will help the league to win Provincial Cups or represent BC in the Nationals?
There are a lot more things needed to win tournaments than recruiting teams from other leagues.
I think that teams are free to go to any league of their choice, just let them make the decision they think will be beneficial for their club.
Just my opinion.
On another note, I would like to wish the best of luck to all the teams remaining in the Provincials Cup finals.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Are you saying that the FVSL thinks that recruiting 3, 4 or 5 teams from the VMSL will help the league to win Provincial Cups or represent BC in the Nationals?
There are a lot more things needed to win tournaments than recruiting teams from other leagues.

Pretty sure I didn't write that at all.

No ice cream for you until you do better.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can anyone confirm whether it's just Surrey United Firefighters moving to FVSL, or all Surrey United teams which I believe includes Surrey United B in CAT, Surrey United Extreme A (promoted from Div 3A to Div 2) and Surrey United U21?

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Can anyone confirm whether it's just Surrey United Firefighters moving to FVSL, or all Surrey United teams which I believe includes Surrey United B in CAT, Surrey United Extreme A (promoted from Div 3A to Div 2) and Surrey United U21?

My understanding is the whole Surrey program.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would be a nice time to do a lot of things. The VMSL has the better competition at the top level but the Valley does a lot of little things well. Online reg, paying fines online, game balls, suspending players the next game after 3 yellows as opposed to 2 games later(bloody bizarre). I don't think it would take much to get that stuff updated but again I'm not lining up to put in the work so can't complain

big gk

Oct 28, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
It would be a nice time to do a lot of things. The VMSL has the better competition at the top level but the Valley does a lot of little things well. Online reg, paying fines online, game balls, suspending players the next game after 3 yellows as opposed to 2 games later(bloody bizarre). I don't think it would take much to get that stuff updated but again I'm not lining up to put in the work so can't complain
Cat system is rubish It should definitely be abolished

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
Rumour mill swirling with Peg potentially joining Surrey United in the valley. Can't help but laugh, a year ago we couldn't give our premier spot away nobody wanted it.

Last edited:

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Some rumblings about Peg now getting louder. Agree with lots of what has been said, time for VMSL to wake up and get out of the dark ages.

Clearly they have the best competition, so obviously the message from the team(s) that is (are) leaving is that the leadership and the little things are finally adding up. The FVSL is a much better administered league and while I still think one lower mainland top division would be the best solution, for now VMSL needs to get itself sorted.

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
A big thing is the money. Prize money in the valley for winning trophies. Plus I believe game balls and jerseys are free in the premier division due to a big umbro sponsorship. Could be wrong but that's what im hearing

gunners

Dec 20, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
#2 No ifs ands or buts....Campo fills the spot ;)
Actually if u read the protocol on promotion so it goes first
In case of a tie the winner in the head to head games goes first
If still tied then goals for
In this case norvan drew Campo in the first game and won against Campo in the second game so Campo would go nowhere
Sorry to burst the Campo bubble again

gunners

Dec 20, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
#2 No ifs ands or buts....Campo fills the spot ;)
That would then leave strikers and norvan with 50 points each and strikers have 39 for while norvan has 50 plus also norvan has the better goal difference
So norvan again.
But what if the surrey squad goes. The west van u21's want back maybe but they can't play premium because of the WV team there already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0