Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier RUMOUR: Surrey Utd. to FVSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is always amazes me how people in this site change reality to fit their needs and egos. They truly create this parallel universes.
First, there is little doubt that Campo Atletico was the better team than Norvan over the year. Campo scored more goals, received less goals, dominated more games, and played overall better soccer. This is further evidenced by the results of the VSML Cup and Provincial Cup. Campo Atletico has reached both finals whereas Norvan has had early exit.

Even the last game, it was a fluke for Norvan. The really did not created chances.
However, I can see that Norvan people will never concede this, and have an alternative reality.

But it is hilarious that these Norvan boys now invent rules that are not there.

"6.3. Vacancies in any Division, except the ones covered by Section 6.1 shall be filled as follows:

(a) The next place team by points standing in its respective division, regardless of section, shall be promoted, assuming that the teams have played an equal number of games. If the teams have not played an equal number of games, then the team with the highest points/games quotient (points divided by number of games played) shall fill the vacancy.

(b) Where two or more teams are tied in points standing, regardless of section, then the team having the best goal difference shall be the next team promoted. Goal average will be used if goal difference fails to resolve the tie."

By the current law and regulations of the VMSL Campo is the one to be promoted. This can not be more clear.

gunners

Dec 20, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
It is always amazes me how people in this site change reality to fit their needs and egos. They truly create this parallel universes.
First, there is little doubt that Campo Atletico was the better team than Norvan over the year. Campo scored more goals, received less goals, dominated more games, and played overall better soccer. This is further evidenced by the results of the VSML Cup and Provincial Cup. Campo Atletico has reached both finals whereas Norvan has had early exit.

Even the last game, it was a fluke for Norvan. The really did not created chances.
However, I can see that Norvan people will never concede this, and have an alternative reality.

But it is hilarious that these Norvan boys now invent rules that are not there.

"6.3. Vacancies in any Division, except the ones covered by Section 6.1 shall be filled as follows:

(a) The next place team by points standing in its respective division, regardless of section, shall be promoted, assuming that the teams have played an equal number of games. If the teams have not played an equal number of games, then the team with the highest points/games quotient (points divided by number of games played) shall fill the vacancy.

(b) Where two or more teams are tied in points standing, regardless of section, then the team having the best goal difference shall be the next team promoted. Goal average will be used if goal difference fails to resolve the tie."

By the current law and regulations of the VMSL Campo is the one to be promoted. This can not be more clear.
Please soccer coach tell us how u dominated us in the last game again tell us how u had possession of the ball maybe 3 times within our 30 yards in the second half. Tell us again how u did not pay players. Tell us how u were mightier than norvan. I will bring out maury povich who will have an envelope and say that is a lie. U paid players we all know as the players told us so. The gn team can tell u how we dominated u the last game and the total points between our 2 teams will prove that point. At no time r u mighty. Good luck in the finals and don't choke on ur furry neck hairs. We still want a team from our group to win

bandcamp

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Isn't this thread about who might get promoted from Div 1 to Premier if SU leaves for the FVSL? How is @Soccer Coach even in here talking about who was the better team in Div 2 this year?
It is always amazes me how people in this site change reality to fit their needs and egos
If you just read for once...take a breath...have a look around...see where you are...and then don't post.

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Please soccer coach tell us how u dominated us in the last game again tell us how u had possession of the ball maybe 3 times within our 30 yards in the second half. Tell us again how u did not pay players. Tell us how u were mightier than norvan. I will bring out maury povich who will have an envelope and say that is a lie. U paid players we all know as the players told us so. The gn team can tell u how we dominated u the last game and the total points between our 2 teams will prove that point. At no time r u mighty. Good luck in the finals and don't choke on ur furry neck hairs. We still want a team from our group to win

You know guys. I would not be posting if someone would not be making reference to our team or Soccer Coach. Remember freedom of speech is important. The Norvan people are clearly spreading false information, and I simply stated the facts with respect to the rules of the league. I also mentioned the facts that show clear superiority of Campo Atletico over Norvan (i.e. reaching both Cup Finals, and more goals conceded and less goals received), which are clear indicators of better play over the long run.

There is also another factor that make us a better team than Norvan. The behaviour of the players and coaching unit. We never got expelled like the Norvan coaches for making inappropriate comments to referees or other teams which included racial slurs. In the entire season, we only got a red card, which was due to a mild push for defending one of our players from a punch.

In so many aspects, Campo is a better and more deserving team than Norvan.

ps. We also have a better looking and more gracious dog.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
If Pegasus really did move to the FVSL and also won the Provincial Cup, would they still be able to represent BC at Nationals?

One could argue at the point that they move leagues they cease to be Pegasus of the VMSL, who won the spot this season.

SmartCoach

Oct 3, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
In my opion I do not think we will know at Monday night meeting if any other teams other than Surrey Untd
Are leaving Vmsl
We will only find out at AGM
25 May if teams tell league they will not register
I do not think all Surrey Untd players will go
As Westside has won promotion to
To prem Moser will direct UBC to go there instead of Fraser valley
I was told today with call ups from a clubs lower teams in the valley you can have
A mix of masters and Div 2 Div 1
Playing prem so the level is very poor
For some games
Never as good as Campo

gunners

Dec 20, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know guys. I would not be posting if someone would not be making reference to our team or Soccer Coach. Remember freedom of speech is important. The Norvan people are clearly spreading false information, and I simply stated the facts with respect to the rules of the league. I also mentioned the facts that show clear superiority of Campo Atletico over Norvan (i.e. reaching both Cup Finals, and more goals conceded and less goals received), which are clear indicators of better play over the long run.

There is also another factor that make us a better team than Norvan. The behaviour of the players and coaching unit. We never got expelled like the Norvan coaches for making inappropriate comments to referees or other teams which included racial slurs. In the entire season, we only got a red card, which was due to a mild push for defending one of our players from a punch.

In so many aspects, Campo is a better and more deserving team than Norvan.

ps. We also have a better looking and more gracious dog.
Would that dog be u Eduardo? ? U have more fur on ur neck only than a poor scruffy dog. As for racial slurs from me there was never any and never will be. I just don't like u ever since Kamloops :). Please try a.d tell us how u never paid ur picked up players at the signing deadline. As for ur cup run we opted out the first game due to injuries received in the punjab game. We needed the time for them to heal so we could kick ur furry neck all over the field like we did. Please try to tell us how the mighty peasant Giancarlo cried through the handshake after ur as whooping and how 20 minutes layer when he was leaving the field he was still crying. We're those tears of joy for the under dogs winning???? Once again please tell us how as u say we agreed to linemen for our final game. Where did they go to get paid after we told them to get stuffed as we said no to linemen. Oh and to quote the rules please read when it comes to a tie in the division the first tie breaker is head to head. I believe u stole 1 point from us :) so that would put u 3rd. If it came down to it which I'm sure it won't it would be between us as second with 50pts and strikers from div2b with 50pts. There u would be correct it would be goal difference. Besides we like u in our group so we can kick ur as again
Good luck to rinos in victoria. Their turn to kick ur ass

Soccer Coach

Apr 14, 2015
Tokens
Dirty Money
Would that dog be u Eduardo? ? U have more fur on ur neck only than a poor scruffy dog. As for racial slurs from me there was never any and never will be. I just don't like u ever since Kamloops :). Please try a.d tell us how u never paid ur picked up players at the signing deadline. As for ur cup run we opted out the first game due to injuries received in the punjab game. We needed the time for them to heal so we could kick ur furry neck all over the field like we did. Please try to tell us how the mighty peasant Giancarlo cried through the handshake after ur as whooping and how 20 minutes layer when he was leaving the field he was still crying. We're those tears of joy for the under dogs winning???? Once again please tell us how as u say we agreed to linemen for our final game. Where did they go to get paid after we told them to get stuffed as we said no to linemen. Oh and to quote the rules please read when it comes to a tie in the division the first tie breaker is head to head. I believe u stole 1 point from us :) so that would put u 3rd. If it came down to it which I'm sure it won't it would be between us as second with 50pts and strikers from div2b with 50pts. There u would be correct it would be goal difference. Besides we like u in our group so we can kick ur as again
Good luck to rinos in victoria. Their turn to kick ur ass
@Regs told us to not post here, so I will not continue. We can have a different thread. Please do not invent rules and events that did not happen. Campo Atletico does not pay players nor referees. Really low of you guys starting those rumours, and yes, we are human and emotional. so what? I rather have a player that puts everything on the field and cares about every game and shows emotion in a respectful manner than one who does not feel passion for this blessed game. Hey, I am not the one that kepts getting ejected from the games? Is insulting referees a better way of handling the emotion that the game brings on us?

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money

Oh snap, someone is about to get sued, the question is, will it be over "paid players" allegations, "Defamation of character" over crying incident, or "For pain and suffering, and emotional trauma" over hair neck hair bullying? Stay tuned tomorrow....

A bit of a double edged sword for both squads (potentially) moving to the Valley. The immediate question has to be, will they get the level of competition they will need in order to stay at the level they are at now? Or, will their inclusion be enough to get the current top 3 over the hump?

I'm actually less surprised about Peg than Surrey, but then, there is a lot I don't know and am not privy to, so far as the VMSL administration.

At the end of the day, I honestly think that for many of the players, the geographical change will be welcome.

Looking forward to hearing the back story on this at some point.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh snap, someone is about to get sued, the question is, will it be over "paid players" allegations, "Defamation of character" over crying incident, or "For pain and suffering, and emotional trauma" over hair neck hair bullying? Stay tuned tomorrow....

A bit of a double edged sword for both squads (potentially) moving to the Valley. The immediate question has to be, will they get the level of competition they will need in order to stay at the level they are at now? Or, will their inclusion be enough to get the current top 3 over the hump?

I'm actually less surprised about Peg than Surrey, but then, there is a lot I don't know and am not privy to, so far as the VMSL administration.

At the end of the day, I honestly think that for many of the players, the geographical change will be welcome.

Looking forward to hearing the back story on this at some point.

As we've mentioned the geography doesn't improve drastically, if at all. A good thought regarding level of competition, will killing half the league 8-0 week in week out really be the best for SU's program? That's assuming they will be able to keep their team as it is currently constructed. @SmartCoach how many UBC guys does Surrey have? You are right I doubt they will play in the Valley. As for where they land it will be interesting to see, I'm sure Westside would be happy to have them, but if you think Mike Mosher has that kind of power you are delusional. Most likely Inter I would think, given their current UBC core, but perhaps Pacific if they want to continue playing in Surrey.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I guess in the grand scheme of things, not THAT much different. The FVSL West Van trip cancels out one VMSL West Van trip, and as stated, there are already a few Valley based VMSL teams. That stated, for the rest, it's pretty nice on a Friday night or Sunday morning not having to drive into Richmond, or North Van, or Burnaby, or Vancouver for a match. That becomes a major factor once players get married and start having kids. Yeah, kinda a secondary benefit, but then you'll have players saying, "shite, it sure will be nice to just have to deal with Abbotsford being our longest away game now."

As for the rest, like I said, just very interested to see how this all shakes out.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Only Slurrey gone

Still lots of time between now and September...

More importantly rumor has it @LION and ND went classy (or insane??) and opted for a "fair" playoff to decide the Premier vacancy??

Set to be a 4 team knockout:
NorVan v Guilford
Rinos v ND

Winners playoff for the spot.

Say what you want about VMSL missteps, if that comes to pass it should be a helluva little tournament. Maybe they'll put some marketing effort into it...

LION

Lifetime Better Bastard
Mar 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes. That was the idea. But nothing in writing could be tough. ;)

I don't even know if we can field a team in middle of summer. I know I'm away most weekends myself.

Taking a step back from it, and sorry, but really is middle of June games truly showcasing the best team? Can all teams managers and players be available in Middle of summer? Lots of things still need to be addressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0