Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Premier RUMOUR: Surrey Utd. to FVSL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
What's the latest on this??

I'm hearing it is essentially a done deal. At the very least there is plenty of smoke...

Assuming it is happening it raises several interesting questions:

Number 1: What's the motivation?
Surrey Utd. is a perrennial top 4 team in VMSL Prem and consistently qualifies for Provincials. Is there a change in management or strategic direction from the club?? I can't think travel has anything to do with it given they are swapping 4 trips to Vancouver, 1 to West Van, Richmond, Coquitlam, Langley and Burnaby plus 2 local games in Surrey for trips to Aldergrove, Mission, Abbotsford, Chilliwack (depending on relegation/divisional structure), Port Moody, White Rock and still West Van.

Number 2: How will VMSL fill the vacancy?
One would think it should be between NorVan, Rinos Tigers (recently relegated) and North Delta (3rd place Div 1). Not sure how the league will determine who deserves the spot. However they fill it, it stands to leave a vaccancy in Div 1 that would also need to be filled. Campo and Norvan both finished on 50 points in Div 2A as did Strikers in 2B. No easy answers for a league not used to filling openings.

Number 3: How will FVSL structure?
Currently FVSL Prem is an 8 team division. Surrey would make 9 and one assumes they would not want a BYE week in their top flight. Not sure what is currently happening with promotion (does FVSL have the no two teams from the same club in Prem rule?) beacuse both first and second place in Div 1 are from Port Moody. So does Chilliwack stay in the league? Or does 3rd place North Delta get promoted (a season after their cousins bolted to the VMSL)? And who would fill that presumed 10th spot?

Number 4: Will there be a mass exodus of players from SU?
One would have to think yes, but I suppose only time will tell.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
#1. Standard match balls.

#2. Your assuming only one spot to fill :eek:

#3. See #2

#4. I doubt it due to a move like this as the established VMSLers are ready to retire and the youngers ones don't stick around long enough in the change room to understand the difference between the VMSL and FVSL.

I know nothing.

:)

lego3

Oct 20, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its a a done deal Surrey Untd will be in FVSL next year. From what I have heard VMSL is going to fill the premier spot by a round of robin between Norvan, Tigers, Delta and Campo (best team in B.C atm) to see who gets the vacant premier spot.

My money is on Campo. According to @Soccer Coach they can beat any top 6 premier team so this is their chance to prove everyone that they belong in premier.

Good luck to everyone who is competing in round robin. VIVA Campo!!!!

@Regs can you please un-ban @Soccer Coach so that he can provide us with a detailed game plan and I would like to hear his take on this.

Thank you sir.

Lego3
Campo's loyal fan.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone want to speculate on who might be following SU to the valley?

Geographically it would make sense if it was one of Langley, Peg, or Pacific, but West Van have a team in there so who knows....

Canucks4Ever

Jan 9, 2011
Tokens
Dirty Money
Number 5: Will @Canucks4Ever now eat crow after filetting the FVSL as an inferior league in the Provincial A Cup thread?

Seems unlikely given I was essentially unanimously supported and at the time it was pre SU situation...

Also is there any concrete buzz on other teams relocating to the Valley??

I think it would bode well for SU if that were to happen, might help their unity. As it stands I have to think they will lose a decent number of players. Certainly can't see any of their UBC guys committing to Friday nights in Mission.

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilliwack is in Premier but finished last so not sure if they're relegated or not...

(Two Port Moody teams went 1, 2 and North Delta came in 3rd so not sure any of those would go up?)

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Chilliwack is in Premier but finished last so not sure if they're relegated or not...

(Two Port Moody teams went 1, 2 and North Delta came in 3rd so not sure any of those would go up?)

My understanding is Chilliwack are down in div 1. The FVSL premier division will have 10 teams next season, that I defiantly know.

gametime

Oct 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
if its a 10 team league then i think chilliwack should be getting a playoff with whoever the other promotion candidate would be. chilliwack was arguable a better side than coastal even though they had less points, not many blow outs and actually was able to field a side every game

Sep 29, 2013
Tokens
Dirty Money
i am coming out of retirement to be a player again.............whos on 1st and where is 2nd base ? or was it mr.base ? or try-outs or.....playing in the valley was so fun.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0