Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Rrsl 2009

Tuna

Jul 4, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well i don't ever complain, but i feel like it is time to start.
Just finished up a game against delta united and I was shocked to see a team that looked pretty good on the field skill wise but was as dirty as they were. I have played with many different teams in many different leagues but have never seen such poor tackling.
I take this as a summer league and I am out there for a run and a good time, bbq and beers after the games but they just wrecked the whole mood.
Every 50/50 ball and even ones where we clearly won, delta was meeting our shoulder to shoulder tackles with elbows up, even on late tackles.
I am writing this after spending 3 hours in emergency for a separated shoulder and torn ligamants from a elbow from behind which only drew a yellow card when it was very clearly a straight red, and that was after 3 or 4 missed yellows already.
From then on the game went downhill and was very chippy/alot of yapping/and almost 3 fights.
The ref did a good job of getting in the middle and stopping the fighting but did a horrible job on the calls and poor/late hits.
All it takes is one or two early yellows and both teams will smarten up pretty quick. Could have been 2 easy straight reds this game but they just turned into one yellow.
I know this is a long post but i guess i just have to vent after being told i cant play for 3 months now. It's a summer league, everyone has to work the next day, and i know that it's going to be physical which i'm all for but how about keeping it fair or at least have some reffing that will get the game in order and not out of control like tonights.

Seystew,

The seperated shoulder part of your novel really sucks. Shouldn't you be happy about the win though? Hasn't it been years since you've last won a game?

:knvb:

Sep 29, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, it was 3-2 Blaze.

A much improved Blaze side this year... maybe they should make a return to winter league.

I would agree but only if they can settle on a permanent transfer fee for Club I Champ. He was very effective against us, and much quieter than normal I might add ;)

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Captain, it was 3-2 Blaze.

A much improved Blaze side this year... maybe they should make a return to winter league.

They have about 7 or 8 RCIU members....so that might be a problem starting them over again. :D

Thanks for the score...it didn't seem to be reported to me.

dezza

Feb 20, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Rino 1 -1 Alemania

I missed both goals, but heard they were well taken.

The result doesn't really help either of us as it just means the rest of the pack can catch up.

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Westside Knights 1
Delta United Rangers 1

We were up 1 nil for 87 minutes and they got a LUCKY goal.
We charged back down the field and almost scored but there keeper made a remarkable save. Whistle blows...full time. Too many ties already and not enough 2's.

club_i_champ

Dec 6, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta Blaze 1 Westside Rangers 0

Scrappy start for the first 20 minutes, we bury a nice but fortunate goal, and from then on, Westside took the lions share of possession for the remainder of the game for the most part but couldn't break through a tough defensive back four. Great result for us, as that is now 5 on the trot after a terrible season debut against the Athletics, see you next week.

CICwhoenjoysplayingonthegrass

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Anyone know who won the game at South Memorial on Thursday.......the ref seems to have a problem with remembering to report the score in.........:(

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta United Rangers 2
RCIU "B" 0

Defense played strong all game giving us time to bury. Missed a pk but made up for with with 2 very nice goals.

Delta Derby next week vs T Town

steve a.

Not Bright
Jun 24, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
All Blacks 4 Westside Knights 1

Ahh we missed a few golden opportunities tonight to keep this one closer as the goal of the match came off the foot of our own sweeper who went to pass back to the goalie and wound up slotting a very nice 35 yarder with some good pace. A few regular faces were missing from both starting 11's as this one could have been a bit better had both sides had their proper teams. All in all good game by them stinker by us and congrats on winning the provincial b cup All Blacks well deserved. p.s. Tuna get that knee taken care of we will need you in a month;)

cheers , the Rattler

Mar 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't mind getting out to see one of these games bt I couldn't figure out where the fields are. I do recognise a few but they are new to me. Are there any in the Vancouver area? I'm at 14th & Granville but will get on the bike. By the sounds of it I might even bring my boots if teams don't show up with enough players!!

What would you say that standard is like compared to winter league?

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I wouldn't mind getting out to see one of these games bt I couldn't figure out where the fields are. I do recognise a few but they are new to me. Are there any in the Vancouver area? I'm at 14th & Granville but will get on the bike. By the sounds of it I might even bring my boots if teams don't show up with enough players!!

What would you say that standard is like compared to winter league?

The division one on Thursday's is equivalent to division one in the Metro League.....though there are a fair number of premier players playing and the division two is equivalent to division two metro.......with quite a few division one level players......:confused:

Mar 29, 2009
Tokens
Dirty Money
Where could I find the information about the games and where they will be? It's a bit high for plus I play with Douglas Park Rangers. I wouldn't mind a few extra games to get fitter but I wouldn't mind just watching an entertaining game or two

DJGMC

Sep 11, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Delta United 1
TSW 0

Brutal pitch made for a brutal game. If you are playing at south park.....bring your sweat pants and knee pads. This could have been a better match if it was a decent surface. At least some lines would have been nice !

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0