Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Round 2: Canucks vs. Wild.

Who will win?

• Canucks in four.:D

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Wild in four.:rolleyes:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canucks in five.:D

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Wild in five.:rolleyes:

• Canucks in six.:D

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • Wild in six.:rolleyes:

• Canucks in seven.:D

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Wild in seven.:rolleyes:

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Canucks in nine. :( See Canucks in six for total.

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I was thinking the same thing about Mitchell…somebody like May or Bert needs to throw a hard gloved fist at that visor and bust the cnut’s nose. Unfortunately, it might mean breaking one’s hand in the process to break through a visor.

I agree…shouldn’t be allowed in the show, unless you’re protecting a broken jaw.

I also agree that the Wild is the most boring team to watch play since Lemaire coached the Devils. Fcuking brutal.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Shocking period of hockey. Absolutley disgusting. 5-3 for shots? Brutal. The NHL needs to come up with some sort of illegal defence rule like the NBA. The trap needs to go.

Cloutier didn't look to sharp on Minnesota's goal. He's getting tired. I think that Auld shold definitley play the next game. I'd even put him in for the rest of this one.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Boring....

Can't wait till the series is over... Cloutier played the shits tonite! Start Auld next game!! Sopel still sucks. Jovo is one of the big keys for the canucks! 2 more wins, come on let's not go past 5!!!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Stumbled across this beauty today on the Minnesota Wild forums.
I fear that the Wild are not taking the Canucks seriously and just b/c they beat the Av's maybe they think this is a gimme. They definately are not playing to the best of their ability. I would have to say that was the worst game I've seen them play all year ( passes were not complete, no plan,total chaos). They did not play like a playoff team. I mean come on the Canucks with Cloutier..............they're not THAT good. The Wild have much better skill than the Canucks.
As for marshall, last season I was hoping they would get rid of him. They kept him around and look at the good he did the team last night.
I was listening to Jac on the way home from the game and he stated that they played o.k.......................was Jac at the same game? For once I disagree. Now maybe he won't publicly state how he really feels but come on if the Wild want to take this series they have to step up their game.
The team needs a kick in the A.S.S.!
Kat
Funny stuff.:D I do agree with one thing though. The Canucks aren't that good with Cloutier in net(thank God for goalposts). They'd be amazing with Auld.:D

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cloutier

No he has not been great, but he has been good enough.

He made a huge save off of brunette when the team needed it.
Only 13 shots, but when they needed it he provided.
This series, against the Wild, Cloutier is doing just fine.

They will win this series with CLouts.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lets Play Hockey?

WTF!:mad:

Did you see that shite at the start of the game. The dumb cnut even had a crib sheet just to remember 3 friggin words...:rolleyes:

Ronning's got the hump by all accounts. Don't blame him, either.

Rob...whats the web sight for the Wild forum...time for some Warney type fun!

LETS PLAY HOCKEY!!! fcuks sakes

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It's horrible shite to watch, isn't it? And I missed the first period.

God...please make this one end by Sunday.

Funny, you hear the fans making all the same noise as last series...Crawford's being outcoached...Cloutier doesn't have what it takes...the big line has to get going (did last night)...the 'Nucks have to start hitting....

Blah blah blah...

The 'Nucks took it to new lows last night: beat them at their own game.

Whatever. A win is a win. Just get to the finals, baby.:D

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
More Minnesota funny stuff. I think this guy has been smoking some "funny stuff".
Patrick Reusse: The Wild is the better team
Patrick Reusse, Star Tribune

Published April 29, 2003 PATR29

Defenseman Brad Brown had been in the lineup for only two of the Wild's seven playoff games against Colorado. Things changed when Vancouver turned up as the Wild's second-round opponent.

Brown was in the lineup for both games in Vancouver. The reason became clear in the moments after the Wild gained a road split with a 3-2 victory on Sunday night.

There was hacking and shoving and even a few punches exchanged as the players loitered near their bench doors. Brown was in the middle of these activities -- precisely where coach Jacques Lemaire would want him to be.

Brown had been able to hang around the Wild locker room without being disturbed by the media during the first 2 1/2 weeks of this Stanley Cup drama. Not now.

Murray County's Brad Smith, the Wild's media relations manager, walked a player into the main locker room 15 minutes after the game and said, "Here's Brad Brown, for anyone who needs him."

Faster than a Brown right hand, there were three minicams and a dozen reporters surrounding the 6-4, 220-pound defenseman from New Foundland. All the questions were about the scrambles in front of Wild goalie Dwayne Roloson, as the Canucks tried to muscle in a tying goal for the second game in a row, and then the mandatory high jinks after the final horn.

"When there's a pile on the ice, there's always something going on," Brown said. "Somebody's always going to get punched in the middle of that."

Brown shrugged, put a smile on his face and said: "That makes for a great series."

Trevor Linden, Vancouver's veteran center, had been attempting to warn his teammates and the Canucks faithful that his team would be facing that type of challenge -- an opponent that would only go away in a great, combative series.

Linden is not a recent convert to the underrated abilities of the Wild, by the way. Way back at Thanksgiving time, the Canucks were in St. Paul for a 2-1 victory, and Linden was telling postgame visitors to his locker about the Wild's outstanding team speed and strong goaltending.

He's still talking about the Wild as being much more than a collection of upstarts. "They play well," Linden said again Sunday night. "It's that simple."

Linden's teammates finally seem to be in agreement. "It's something we're going to have to get used to, because it's not going to change," center Brendan Morrison said after Sunday's loss. "They play the same every night. We just have to get better."

That's a definite, because the Wild was the better club for the first two games -- road games -- of this series.

We're in St. Paul now, and the Wild crowd does not figure to fall into the same sullen silence that afflicted the Vancouver audience for long stretches of Sunday night's match.

There are a few things the Wild zealots already know about this second-round matchup:

• It makes no difference if Lemaire sticks with Dwayne Roloson, his Game 2 winner, or Manny Fernandez, the hero of the Colorado upset, in goal. The Wild will have better goaltending in its search for three more victories than Vancouver will get from Dan Cloutier.

• Vancouver has the ballyhooed line of Morrison, Markus Naslund and Todd Bertuzzi, yet any Wild line on which Marian Gaborik is playing is more dangerous. When Ed Jovanovski's not on the ice, the Canucks defensemen are spinning in circles looking for Gaborik. Sami Salo and Murray Baron and Brent Sopel have knocked teammates off stride more than they have Gaborik.

• Colorado's big advantage in shots over the Wild dramatized that the Avalanche was carrying the puck and the play most of the time. That's not the case in this series. The Canucks are firing mostly from wide angles. The Wild shoot mostly when it means something.

• The Canucks' dump-and-hit style isn't working. The Wild is getting to the puck well before the hits and moving out of the defensive zone much more easily than against Colorado. The Wild skaters are spending a lot of time moving ahead to open ice, rather than in full retreat as was so often the case against the puck-carrying Avalanche.

The preseries analysis in Vancouver had the Canucks' size and pounding style wearing down the Wild late in the series, as it did St. Louis in the first round. It's not going to happen. You can't hit what you can't catch.

Some advice to Wild ticket-holders: Your team is going to finish off Vancouver in six games, so you might want to spend 80 bucks for another weasel jersey. Surely, you do not want your wardrobe options to be limited to one sweaty, stinky jersey as you walk to the St. Paul arena on numerous warm, spring days of hockey that lie ahead for this team.
See? I told you it was funny.

the power

Feb 25, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
That's almost as bad as some of those jackasses on the Wild discussion "bored". All they want to talk about is 4 Canucks fans mocking them and how Minnesota has carried the play. Pardon? An intelligent thought there is as rare sober Parkhead.

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
The taunting begins

Last series, the sports bars in St Louis were not all that fun to phone as I don't think I hit the core hockey bars. This time I went to the Wild forum (and thank you to all of you posting there - brilliant suff) and signed on and advised I was going to be in town and can they tell me where to watch it. Very nice folk - even gave me ideas on restaurants...boring dolts! Anyways, the place to be is, and get this name, is "Tom Reid's Hockey City Bar"...
Well the first wave of Canadian back bacon pizzas have already hit them from a few of the local pizza places - another wave next hour. The guy who seems to answer the phone is named Sam - yeah like Mayday Malone - I guess I'll be Gary from the Old Uptown Tavern. Anyways, it would be nice if people called him after the game to congratulate them on a big night of getting over the centre line twice. Feel free to order them some Chinese food too....I've got the pizzas covered.
Phone #1-651-292-9916
Address: 258 W. 7th Street - St Paul, MN

I've also called a few dry cleaners and get them to search for my Canucks jersey that says 'Wild Suck' on the back - tell them some bastard Wild fan thru beer on me at the game

LET'S GO CANCUKS !!!!
:wa: :bronco: :knvb:

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Just called The Sports Bar posted above and asked for Brent Sopel they hung up on me right away.

Cloutier played well. Up 3-1 look to wrap it up at home Mon.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
a fan's sign in mini

did anyone see that sign held up by a wild fan? it read something like this:

it's better to have a big Johnson than a small cookie!

that's funny.

being that Willie Mitchel is hurt, someone at the game on Monday should have a sign that reads:

It's better to have a small cookie than a hurt willie:D

go nucks go!!!!!:wa:

SC

Jul 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
GO boys GO

Manager, fix your signature to read it's or some TTPers won't know how to read it.

+SCwhowillcatchthegametomorrowmorning:wa:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0