Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Round 2: Canucks vs. Wild.

Who will win?

• Canucks in four.:D

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Wild in four.:rolleyes:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Canucks in five.:D

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Wild in five.:rolleyes:

• Canucks in six.:D

Votes: 23 54.8%
  • Wild in six.:rolleyes:

• Canucks in seven.:D

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Wild in seven.:rolleyes:

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Canucks in nine. :( See Canucks in six for total.

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I have only ever put one person on my ignore list.

I did it last night and if I hadn't tested the "read ignored post" feature, I would have missed their efforts.

Then Reccos came along and made it even more unbelievable.

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You want to throw a guy who hasn't played in a playoff game EVER let alone more than 10 NHL games into net vs. The Minnesota Wild rather than Clout's?
She's got a good point there, don't you think, TheRob? How can you argue with sound logic like that?

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Changing Goalees???

Originally posted by Reccos
Have you two ever coached ANY kind of team????

I coached little league baseball once. Got fired though because I benched the best hitter because there was this kid, sitting on the bench, who had never played a playoff game and I thought I would give him a shot to get him some experience, but he struck out. Oh well. Live and learn i guess.

What's wrong with Auld. He's got a .500 record in the regular season, I'm sure he'd do fine. What have you got against him?
Clouts needs a break anyways, they'll end up just wearing him out if he plays every game.

OUCH!!!...........Something just hit me in the ass!
:)

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Re: Changing Goalees???

Originally posted by Yoda
I coached little league baseball once. Got fired though because I benched the best hitter because there was this kid, sitting on the bench, who had never played a playoff game and I thought I would give him a shot to get him some experience, but he struck out. Oh well. Live and learn i guess.

Man...this story sounds familiar ;)

I realize the sarcasm, and it is well laid out I might add!! I think I have changed my mind on the whole Auld/Cloutier situation. I agree now to put Auld in net...I have partied enough this season with the Canucks winning and all, so let's put Auld in...there is always next year to party...maybe then we'll have a new "goalie of the future" :p

can'ttakethepissthengetoutoftheurinal :wa:

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bald Auld

TR and Yoda, the 'Start Auld' campaign has won me over. I see Striker14 has seen the light as well. Do you think that maybe Reccos doesn't buy the idea because Auld is balding so much ? Just a thought that maybe Reccos discriminates against bald goalies and doesn't believe in giving guys a shot.....too bad, Auld's a nice kid.

Canucks in 5. The boys are focused and on fire now. Great comments sensei about the need to get the first 2 at home right away. At the game last night and what an atmosphere !! Other than the poor 50 year old couple in front of me who got doused with my beer when Cooke laid out that big hit on Khavanov 10 mins in. Some people can really give you dirty looks sometimes. Roxy was jumping !

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Downtown

It may very well be that Reccos is discriminatory..........or just a little slow.
This site isn't the best place to have a thing against bald people.

I think the cost of his premium membership just jumped.

Glad to see you an on board with our Auld campaign. Everyone deserves a shot don't you think?

Striker14, nice to see your onboard as well.
;)

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your ghetto ?

I think your ghetto is down by east vancouver you slum wank. Are you telling me that since you moved out to slurrey you have forgotten about your 'hood ? And why you asking me? Now piss off and leave Auld and the bald guys alone...

Prediction: RF has gravy with his pachos tonight

Go 'nucks !!!

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Oh Striker...00

I'm pretty sure these pisstakers have pissed all over you. There totally pulling your third leg and you're playing the naive little girl. If not, then yes they would be "off their rocker" as you put it. We all know Cloutier has been stellar and hopefully continues that way through the rest of the playoffs. Too many games? Fcuk it he's golden !! However, Auld is going to be a premier player in the league but will need more fine tuning and his time will come. He may see a game or two on the road soon but whatever.He'll be traded in no time to become a starter somwhere else, maybe even next year.

Vancouver in 7. The Wild are a resilient team but our game 7 pride will kick their ass.

:D

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cult I heard it

I heard that last night and Burkey says they buy into the system in Minny and that's why they're successful. Hence they're like a cult. Can he come up with some good one liners or what? Gotta love the contraversy he poses each time he opens his loud mouth.

:rolleyes:

Rangerforever

Sep 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Your ghetto ?

Originally posted by downtown
Prediction: RF has gravy with his pachos tonight

A supreme idea. :D
With little cheese curds.

I'll call it "Pachos Poutine".

You're still a clown. ;)

Baldforever

Speaking of hoods, I'll be in your's at Bar None on the 30th.
Care to join in the slumming?

Go Canucks is right.
Sweep, sweep, sweep, sweep, sweep....

:cool:

girth

Nov 16, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Downtown

Originally posted by Yoda

Glad to see you an on board with our Auld campaign. Everyone deserves a shot don't you think?

;)
I agree every back-up goalie needs a shot at the bullseye;) oh ya this is the hockey thread.:rolleyes:

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You know, I've been thinking. Naslund was Ok in the latter part of the series vs. St. Louis, but for the most part, I didn't like what I saw. If he isn't going to sacrifice night after night, I think he should be stripped of the captaincy. I'm thinking a guy like Trent Klatt should be wearing the "C" right now. He was brilliant in the last series. He plays hard every night, and lays it all on the line.

The Trent Klatt for captain campaign starts now. At least for the playoffs anyhow. I know there are others who feel the same way.

Prediction for tonight? Are we allowed Dude? 4 - 1 Vancouver.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yikes

I game with that. Nazzy has been playing about as good as his newspaper cutout could have played.

Give it up and let someone who's willing to put the effort in every game.

Klatt definately get's my vote.

As for predicting a Canucks win, not a good idea.
:mad:

the manager

Sep 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
way off base with Klatter

robb, rob, rob...tsk tsk tsk

there is no reason on earth why Nazzy should not be captain. I agree that klatter is one of the hardest working role players on the team and he does lead in many valuable ways, however, nazzy has been the bonefied leader and has carried this team when it counts. he has risen to the occasion several times and proven himself to be of noble character on and off the ice. it was afterall nazzy who swallowed the tough end of the season pill and rightly admitted that they choked. his closing remark to the fans was that they can expect a better performance in the playoffs...he took responsability and rallied the turnaround demonstrated in the ST louis seies.

the weak start can be attributed to two things 1. confidence - they were embarassed by colorado in the scoring/title races, and 2. strategy - it takes time to solve a good team and adjust to a system that will succesfully beat a team over 7 games on the ice and in the head....this can be attributed to the fine coaching strategies implimented by crawford.

on another team and in a different situation, klatt would serve as a great captain, unfortunatly I have to disagree with your proposal/campaign as nazzy is clearly the leader alaround (ie. workethic, character, skill, and scoring).

manager

go nucks go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0