Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Round 1: Canucks vs. Blues

How will this series pan out?

• Canucks in four.:D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blues in four.:mad:

• Canucks in five.:D

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Blues in five.:mad:

• Canucks in six.:D

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Blues in six.:mad:

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Canucks in seven.:D

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Blues in seven.:mad:

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Jinky

I was wondering the same thing... What I'd also like to know is who is that Murray Murzan guy??? I've seen milk turn quicker!!!:mad: Young Bryan Allen deserves to get a shot...

Much better performance from Monday, however the Blues were smarter and executed better than our beloved Canucks!!!:( It sure looks like Crow is being out classed behind the bench???:eek:

I gaurentee if St. Louis had of been 4-1 down, Quinnville would of had his muckers on trying to stir the pot... What in hells name was Nazzy, Mo and Bert doing one the ice to finish it off??? Hadn't they been outclassed enough???:mad:

After going 3-1 down in the series I don't think we've learned much yet!!! Other than blatently tackling from behind, spearing or high sticking our reaction to being out played and out hit has been piss poor to say the least... :rolleyes: I guess frustration is only solved by taking daft retaliation type stuff???

Itisnotlookinggoodforthegoodguys!!! :(

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Burke has an excuse

Once the canucks are officially eliminated, Burke will deflect all media criticism by pointing to the red wings.

Captain Shamrock

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
It sure looks like Crow is being out classed behind the bench???

Guinness, he would only be outclassed behind the bench if he had a better team than St. Louis. He doesn't. I can't believe all the fcuking Canucks fans who were sucked in again this year, only to see their season finish quicker than the Belfast Bomber will against Chicken shite the next time I play him. St. Louis simply has a better team. I can' believe all the fcuking excuses. Tkachuk, Weight, and Demitra are better than any of the Canucks, especially in playoff time. Naslund, Shitforbrains, and Morrison can't lace their skates. Hopefully, for all the three die-hard Canucks fans on the site, I am posting this too early. Hopefully for all three of you, the Canucks come back and win three straight. I will eat the humble pie then. Otherwise, I would like all you suckers to say, "Captain, you were absolutely right all season." I will be content at that point. :)

Go Flyers

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
In the brief post-game media scrum around his locker, Bertuzzi guaranteed Vancouver would be back in St. Louis for game six. Pretty ballsy call for a guy who hasn't scored in eight straight games - he's had a great view of the action between sitting in the penalty box and being stuck in Jackman's back pocket.

Sad, sad ending shaping up to what was a promising year.

Zaurrini

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bertuzzi

He is gettnig a bad rap....
He gets abused with and without the puck, but the refs arernt' callin Shite......but, when he does anything he gets called for it. Granted there are times where a penalty is warranted...

How could the ref NOT call a penalty when the Nucks were on the PP and Bertuzzi went behind the net and was pulled down as he tried to come out from behind.

Personally, I feel the Nucks downfall is not being able to produce on the PP.
Yes, the blues have shut down Bert and nazzy. Fine.
But there is no excuse for the pair not to be able to produce on the PP.
in the words of the captain
ShocK-KING

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
HOT Keepers, and Solid D

At least we are not the Wings, they lose 4 straight to a Duck team, all by 1 goal, who have the Hottest Keeper in Hockey right now.
Clouts has been good, but Osgood has been equal to the task.

I am with Bert, Nucks will win on Friday Night, but it will be tough after that to win game six in St. Lou.

Poor Cujo, he left the Leafs for LORD STANLEY, now he will be fishing with that goof Corson:D

HOS

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Nucks had their chances. I thought after that first period, they were gonna roll through the series :mad:

On the Bert front, he's not getting any calls. Yes, he's dishing it and getting caught (the light spear on Jackman comes to mind) but the fcuking abuse he's taking right in front of the refs and not getting the calls is fcuking criminal :mad:

Nucks will win tomorrow night.

~Regs.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bert

The "light spear" on Jackman....yes, it was light...but the way the Refs are calling shti on the Canucks...why bother with the light stuff...make the penalty worth while and drop em' !!!!! :mad: None of this pussy footing around and taking stupid penalties...if you're gonna get a penalty...go down fightin' rather than whining. Bert has to realize...the Refs aren't puttin' up with anything, so STOP YOUR FREAKIN' WHINING AND PLAY SOME DAMN HOCKEY!!!!! Everytime anyone touches Bert...he is whining to the Refs...HOW BIG ARE YOU BERT????? :mad: Rather than whine about it...get on with the game...take the guys number and give him a housecall!!! :p

I personally have been a Canucklehead since birth, so for me to sit through this "so called" hockey that the Canucks are playing is PAINFUL :(

I have not jumped off the wagon, but man...these boys better tighten their jock straps and PLAY SOME DAMN HOCKEY!!!

stiker14isturningintoaducksfanfast :wa:

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Meet you all at the bridge. Port Mann is highest, I think.

Well, I guess we should wait until Friday, to see if the 'Nucks can pull of a '94 esque comeback, after being down 3-1.

They've done it a couple of times...need another.

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
HAVE FAITH

If there is any team in the playoffs right now that can pull out of a slump being dow 3-1...THE CANUCKS CAN DO IT!! All they need to do is play simple hockey...back to the basics...AND DROP THE GLOVES ONCE IN A WHILE. If they aren't going through to next round, at least rough up St.Louis a bit for their next contender, right?

GO CANUCKS GO!!

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Bert

Originally posted by striker14
The "light spear" on Jackman....yes, it was light...but the way the Refs are calling shti on the Canucks...why bother with the light stuff...make the penalty worth while and drop em' !!!!! :mad: None of this pussy footing around and taking stupid penalties...if you're gonna get a penalty...go down fightin' rather than whining. Bert has to realize...the Refs aren't puttin' up with anything, so STOP YOUR FREAKIN' WHINING AND PLAY SOME DAMN HOCKEY!!!!! Everytime anyone touches Bert...he is whining to the Refs...HOW BIG ARE YOU BERT????? :mad: Rather than whine about it...get on with the game...take the guys number and give him a housecall!!! :p

I personally have been a Canucklehead since birth, so for me to sit through this "so called" hockey that the Canucks are playing is PAINFUL :(

I have not jumped off the wagon, but man...these boys better tighten their jock straps and PLAY SOME DAMN HOCKEY!!!

stiker14isturningintoaducksfanfast :wa:

This has to be theRob....only one Canuck fan can be this retarded

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Typical

In true typical Canuck fashion they will win on Friday, just to tease us all a little more. Hate having to say it but they remind me of a once proud animal that has just been shot and is limping around the Serengetti waiting to be put out of its misery. One last roar on friday before the big bad St louis hunter finishes 'em off back at the Savvi.

Burkie,for next year get shot of the following...

the Twins,
Sopel,
Skudra,
Letowski.

And get...

a second line that can score,
one more top 4 defenceman and
Francois Allaire.

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
The one thing all Vancouver fans should look to right now is seeing Steve Thomas lighting it up for Anaheim. Mostly because I feel he would have been the perfect fit playing alongside the Sedins. It's apparent that all he needed was a guy or two to play with who could set him up, as he simply rediscovered his scoring touch once he got some ice time with guys like Oates, Sykora and Kariya who can all pass the puck. Plus, the guy has been to war in the playoffs numerous times.

I don't know if Burkie ever had a chance to snag Stubby. Hindsight is 20/20, and obviously not many people expected a 39-year old forward with no wheels to start scoring like crazy. But he came to Anaheim in return for a 5th round pick while we gave away a higher pick for Brad May, who has done sweet fcuk all since he got here. In retrospect, Brad May was a really lousy pickup for the playoffs. It is apparent as ever that we needed to add some forward depth in terms of guys who can play a regular shift and chip in offensively, in the event the tight-checking of the playoffs shuts down your star players. Kinda like what Dallas did with Barnes, what Anaheim did with Thomas and Neidermayer, what the Blues did with Bure, what Ottawa did with Smolinski, what Toronto did with Nolan and what Washington did with Berezin.

Burke did seem quite confident at the deadline that he had the best team in place to win in the postseason. He obviously underestimated the value of depth. The Blues simply have more threats up front, which was evident when Dallas Drake and Martin Rucinsky combined for five points last night. These are guys who are fighting for minutes with Bouginecki and Bure behind Weight, Demitra, Mellanby, Tkachuk and Stillman, who are the top-5 forwards on the team.

It is also worth mentioning that St. Louis has five guys who have been captains in the NHL. That's a team which is built for playoff success right there.

Gaffa

Jul 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Sensei

Have to agree with you on the May call. Oddly enough he ran round in his first 1.5 games like a man pocessed. He's done fukc all in the last 5 games.

The team chemistry that was all too apparent for much of the season seemed to disappear around the trade deadline. Then they simply couldn't hang on to first place. They went into the St. Louis series dissapointed and fragile and its really showing now.:mad:

Mind you, if they could kop a good bounce or a bad ref decision that goes their way, it might all come flooding back...wishful thinking...............

The Apprentice

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Poor Brad May

He came into Vancouver like a man on a mission , proving in his first game that he was a good pick-up...the problem is now every time he goes into a check or into the boards he hears....
"MATS, have you eaten your chunky soup?"

Guinness

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Apprentice

What time is Koivu teeing off at tomorrow???:rolleyes:

Guinnesscan'tbelieveanyHabfanstriestopisstakeus!!!

Jinky

Jun 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What do you expect from organization featuring, Brent Snepts, Marek Momesso, Trevor Boroshevski, Murzyn Baron, Henrik Semenko, Todd Carson, Marcus Houdini, Marc LaForge and Brian Sinden?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0