Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Round 1: Canucks vs. Blues

How will this series pan out?

• Canucks in four.:D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blues in four.:mad:

• Canucks in five.:D

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Blues in five.:mad:

• Canucks in six.:D

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Blues in six.:mad:

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Canucks in seven.:D

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Blues in seven.:mad:

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Great comeback by the boys. A little scary after giving up the first minute goal. They absolutely crushed them tonight. They hit everything that moved and they will have to continue to do that. I have to say though that Doug Weight was unbelievable again tonight and was the only Blues player that showed up. Over the whole seven games I thought the best player for us was T. Linden played great and finally got rewarded tonight with a couple points.

Bring on the wild!!

Parkhead

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
You knew it was going to be great after that crowd performance for the National anthem!!! Fcuking goosebumps larger than Notty's tits! :D

Salvadore, meet Mr. Bertuzzi. Hit of the year. Such a simple game and also the best I've seen in a long time :D

Now, could someone please tell all the yahoos that the game is over and they can stop honking their fcuking horns down here? I've got to get some beauty sleep...

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Don't You Mean, "I am Taking the Wild" Prick Capt.

Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
Bring on the Wild. We're going to the Conference finals......:wa: :wa: :wa: :wa:

Got Love this Team, turning point of the Series, Big Al injury was huge for the Nucks. But the Blues will be singing the Blues about the Flu's. To Bad, at least it wasn't SARS.

The Wild Series is going to be tough, not just anyone knocks the Aves off, this is going to be a grind.

Come on Ducks for the Upset over the Stars, and Home-Ice for the Nucks to Lord Stanley.

The Parade will go through Kits, right by HOS and Jinky's Places.

HOS

Keeper

Jul 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I don't which was more impressive: coming back with a solid offense after giving up a first minute goal, or shutting the Blues out for 59+ minutes.

I suppose a bit of both. Fantastic.

So happy to see Linden score tonight -- can someone tell me, how many of Canuck game 7's has he scored in? This one (vs. St. Louis), vs. Rangers, . . . and? Inspite of carrying an 'A' on his sweater, he still leads the team in work ethic. Atta boy.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
So Few Words, But So Wise Sarge

Originally posted by Sarge
Nucks 3 Blues 1. Gotta Believe!

But you forgot about Lindens Goal to make it 4-1, but that OK.

We all Believe, even the Capt. NOW.

HOS

Friday Night is Going to be Rock'N, even if you have to Change Diapers between periods, hey Smallsy.

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
FCUK YEAH!!!

The anthem…what can you say? I would have loved to be there tonight, just to partake in that.

The Zebras laid off, God bless ‘em. Bar none the best game of the series, and the best game for Vancouver in 9 YEARS!!!

Bert: MVP. Linden…1st star all the way. He almost had 2 short handed goals! The best skater tonight, both ends.

Clouts…defeats the demons!!!

The Wild is a bonus. Grind, yes…Forsberg and Sakic…nope!

Man, I wish I was in Vancouver tonight!

Once again…

FCUK YEAH!!!

Aves

Jan 5, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Originally posted by Captain Shamrock
Good for the Canucks. They prolonged the inevitable one more game. St. Louis will be over the flu and the Canucks will be booking tee times.

Tee times not until mid may Captain, or June:rolleyes:

A nervous 1st period , but a dominating performance!:D

play-offs past the first round...an unbelievable event, but certainly a canadian pride moment for the millions of canucks fans in BC.

p.s. did you notice Osgood "dive" early on...but he would never do that.:rolleyes:

CANUCKS:wa: :D :wa:

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Now that's Hockey!!!

Just got back from Downtown(took it easy tonite, save the voice, 3 more rounds to go!!*knock on wood*) Holy Tits tonite. Big en's little ens'!!

Now the game. one of the best games the canucks have played all season. i think that opening period went for like 10 minutes game time without stopping. great hitting. especially bertuzzi on buddy(can't remeber name) behind net. that's the way tehy gotta play. should hve had 3 short handed goals tonite. but one will do!!

Reid played great, quick he is.

Did anyone hear Macinnis is playin with a seperated shoulder??? he came back from an injury. holy fcku could u shoot teh commentating in the 1st.

Bring on the Wild!!!

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Linden rules!!

Linden kicks ass! I have to say he played amazing and you knew he would. He has 91 points in 95 playoff games. In game 7's he has 10 points in 6 of them. 5 goals and 5 assists. He's a hard worker when things aren't going well and he's hard worker when things are. He's my fave player and always will be.

Canucks in 7 against the Wild. The wild are a good team defensively and we have to score the first goal in every game to play our style of hockey against them. Dump and crash hockey is awesome. Bertuzzi hitting Salvador was one for Rock'em Sock'em 300.

:wa: :wa: Its going nuts down here in Vancouver.

Dallas in 6
Vancouver in 7
Ottawa in 5
NJ in 6

sensei_hanson

Jun 29, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cloutier was brilliant tonight. In fact, Cloutier is the biggest reason the Canucks are getting out of the first round. Top-flight goalies give their teams chances to win and that's exactly what Cloutier did tonight. It would have been disaster if the Blues got on the board twice early on - the big save on Tkachuk was a huge turning point for Vancouver.

Quenville or whomever in the Blues organization should be under heavy fire in tomorrow's news for letting McInnis play tonight. He was in no shape to play, he looked awful when he did skate and got punished for his efforts with the Sedin goal (which proved to be the eventual game-winner). I know getting your captain back is crucial for momentum's sake and all, but somebody obviously dropped the ball on this one, because McInnis looked like a shadow of his regular self out there.

Talk about a great night for Vancouver hockey: knock off the Blues at GM Place in game 7, avoid having to face Colorado in the second round, secure home ice for another series, and have Toronto getting pummelled by Philly as your personal pregame show on national television. Good stuff.

Drawing Minnesota in the second round is sweeter than most are letting on....like anybody would opt to face Forsberg, Sakic, Blake and Roy over Gaborik, Park, Kuba and Fernandez. I guarantee Crow was beaming over the fact he didn't have to face his old club in round two - is this karma for losing the division crown to Colorado on the last day of the season? Those cosmos Jinky alluded to? Nobody in their right mind figured Vancouver would have two home-ice advantages in this playoffs. Good stuff again.

halfvolley

Jan 18, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cloutier star #1!!

Sensei,

You're absolutely right about Cloutier. He's turned this season into one of the best. Knee strains, last years Lidstrom goal, his settled temper, have all been left behind. He's a goaltender to take us into the playoffs for a few years to come. Hopefully, a cup in those years. Could be the year?

The Sedin goal was our first and wasn't the winner, but nonetheless it was caused by MacInnis' error and he should not have been playing. Still one of the best defenseman ever and 40 years old too. Quenville is a good coach and wouldn't have put him in without MacInnis saying he's ready to go.

Detroit out! Colorado out! St. Louis out! Toronto out! Washington out! I would have never imagined these teams would be out first round. Then again I never bet against my Nucks and TO can suck my nads.

Vancouver vs Ottawa final would be sweet!!!:D Not to mention the talk would always be about Ottawa and not TO for a change. Maybe TSN will cover Ottawa's games instead of their loser team.
I'd like to say I hate Darcy Tucker the most!! :mad:

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Cloutier star #1!!

I'd like to say I hate Darcy Tucker the most!! :mad: [/B][/QUOTE]

Here Here...I hate that guy!!! What a wanker!!

CLOUTS...he is our man this year...I can feel it!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY to him, eh? What a fabulous game, and this was definately not his first big game of this series...but definately his BEST!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO :wa:

Spazz

Oct 10, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
And Reid....

He's doing great too! Works so hard..... (harder than some of the overpaid Canucks during a playoff game or two...)

But last night Cloutier was solid! Wihtout him they wouldn't ahve done it!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
knvb, you have a lot of nerve closing a thread that I re-opened.:rolleyes:
Blues' GM Pleau says changes coming

TSN.ca Staff

4/25/2003

St. Louis Blues general manager Larry Pleau would not give head coach Joel Quenneville a vote of confidence for next year. But he did go on the record as saying changes would be made to the lineup.

"There are players on this team that won't be on this team next season," Pleau tells the St. Louis Post Dispatch. "There are some things that I think should be different."

Goaltenders Chris Osgood and Brent Johnson along with forwards Cory Stillman and Pavol Demitra are scheduled to become restricted free agents this summer. Osgood, who made $4-million this season, has said he would take a pay cut to remain with the Blues, but would like a long-term deal.

Pleau admits it will be financially impossible to keep the current team intact. The nucleus of high-priced players will remain untouched while Pleau said he also would pursue trades in order to clear up some cash to pursue other players.

"I think we have a damn good nucleus of players," explained Pleau. "Now am I unhappy with the performance of some of them? Sure. I think sometimes you make a small change and it changes the nucleus of the team."

As for not publicly supporting Quenneville, who has one more year remaining on his current contract, Pleau says don't read too much into it.

"I've been a coach, and I will never give a coach a vote of confidence. So if you're waiting for me to come out and say that Joel's back here and I'm giving him a vote of confidence, forget that. Ask Joel, I'm sure he doesn't want one either."

As for the players, they were unreserved in their support for Quenneville and that the blame should fall squarely on their shoulders.

I hear things about how the coaching staff couldn't motivate a hockey team. That has to be the lamest excuse in sports," said defenceman Al MacInnis. "How do players get to this level without motivating themselves? Please. If you're not able to motivate yourself in the Stanley Cup playoffs, please let us know."

"He's an unbelievable coach," said Keith Tkachuk. "What's happened this year, through all the adversity, you've got to give him a lot of credit. I believe in him. He should be back."

"I feel as disgusted as I've been in my life," center Doug Weight said. "Not my career. My life."

"Personally, I felt this was our year to have something special," added Dallas Drake. "We blew it, we really did. We were exactly where we wanted to be, up 3-1, and we choked. You can write that. It's pretty unacceptable."
Did Drake ever think that maybe, just maybe they were beat by the better team? Donkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0