Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Round 1: Canucks vs. Blues

How will this series pan out?

• Canucks in four.:D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blues in four.:mad:

• Canucks in five.:D

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Blues in five.:mad:

• Canucks in six.:D

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Blues in six.:mad:

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Canucks in seven.:D

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Blues in seven.:mad:

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Tonights the night. It's gonna be alright.

Demitra goes home to expectant wife

Canadian Press

4/9/2003

VANCOUVER (CP) - Pavol Demitra, the St. Louis Blues leading scorer, returned home Wednesday to be with his wife, who is expecting the couple's first child.

Demitra left Vancouver on Wednesday morning team spokesman Frank Buonomo said.

The Blues hope Demitra's wife, Maya, will give birth in time for him to return to their lineup when they open their best-of-seven Western Conference playoff series Thursday against the Vancouver Canucks.

Demitra, 28, a native of Dubnica, Czech Republic, led the Blues with 36 goals and 57 assists for 93 points in 78 games this year.

In 11 playoff games last year, he had 10 assists.
Imagine using your pregnant wife as an excuse to get out of having to play the mighty Canucks. Pussy.

Early prediction, Canucks 4 - 2 Blues. Bet on it Captain.

downtown

Dec 2, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Getting ready

A little bit over 5 hours to go....then kick some blues arse.
I'm saying 3-1 'nucks. A pre-game warm up at the Shark club then off to the game. On the St Louis sports radio, they have a "Center Ice with Ken Wilson" scheduled tomorrow at 9am to 11am (PST). Unfortunately I'm in meetings all morning and cannot listen in, but it would be good to hear that someone phoned to remind them that they are crap.

www.KFNS.com

1-314-969-0590

I'll try and squeeze in a call if I can get a break...

Enjoy the game !

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
"It was very, very surprising what we just saw happen there," Blues coach Joel Quenneville said as LA finished its victory. "I don't think anybody counted on that happening. Here we're figuring we had our hands full with (Colorado) and now we're leaving. (Vancouver) had the hammer. They had the chance. We're very surprised."

What the heck is Quenneville thinking when he said this? Does he think the Canucks are gonna be a walk in the park? What an idiot...I think this series is gonna be the best of the first round, hands down!!! Colorado is NO MATCH for our Canuckleheads!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!! Canucks in 5 :wa:

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks 5 Blues 3

Gonna be a hard hitting game. Hope Cloutier isn't thinking bout Pronger Shooting from center. :rolleyes: He ain't 100% Start the young guy Auld. and he will lead us to the cup!!! :D

Can't wait it's playoff time!!!

striker14

Jul 29, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Re: Canucks 5 Blues 3

Originally posted by BJB
Gonna be a hard hitting game. Hope Cloutier isn't thinking bout Pronger Shooting from center. :rolleyes: He ain't 100% Start the young guy Auld. and he will lead us to the cup!!! :D

Can't wait it's playoff time!!!

You're kidding, right? Auld played well...but he has absolutely no experience with playoffs. At least Clout's has 4 games!!

Let's get off the "long shot from centre" in last years playoffs, ok? Let it be...he has been razzed enough about that shot! Clout's is the MAN this year...I think that Clout's could have been back sooner, but why risk it...rest him until playoffs and TURN THE MAN LOOSE!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Dude

Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 23, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Hopefully the lads come out on fire...I think they will.

If Spud get's his roommate's foodhound on the job, Guinness get's Studsup's gnome to watch the game, and I stay away from my blue chair (the 'Nucks lose everytime I watch a game from it), they'll be OK.

Come on people! Get the lucky charms out!:D

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Lucky Charms?

Wouldn't that have to do with Keeper and Zenga's cereal box shopping sprees?

4-2 Nucks!

~Regs.

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Those Shots will Haunt Forever

Originally posted by striker14

Let's get off the "long shot from centre" in last years playoffs, ok?

How many Looong shots from centre has Osgood let in, in his play-off career. You could see both teams letting a few good from long range early in this game, the only thing is, that the ice at GM Place is not too bad, so you get good bounces, but you have to watch for the sun in the eyes or the wind.

Love the situation the Nucks are in, they start at home, but are the underdogs in a way.

It is scary when you look at both 8th seed teams winning last night, anything can happen in the play-offs.

Go Nucks Go

I have my Bertuzzi Face ON:mad:

HOS

zenga

Dec 1, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Guys Im all ready bought my Nucks flag, and last night driving home from The Apperntices bash at the AuBar I stole a couple of the "GO CANUCKS GO" signs from The Provinces boxes along Hastings.

SHHHHHHHH dont tell anybody!!!!!

5-2 Nucks!!!!

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not likely

Sorry One Dart,
Looks like it will be more like 4-2 Blues.

Only the end of the second period and I'm already tired of watching these minor leaguers play.

This has to be the worst I've ever seen Jovanovski play. And how about hitting the net on a shot........ANYONE!!!!!

If this is a sign of how they plan on playing Naslund will be choking on his own words soon.

:mad:

Buckfast

Jul 20, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Everything was just fine until Aves changed his avatar.

Have you thought about changing it to anything with Hoops or shamrocks?

Thanks in advance.

Buckfast

Hands of Stone

Jul 30, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
We are in good company

All home teams in the Western Div. have lost thier first game, and 3 of the 4 home teams in the east. The Devils are the only home team to win at home out of all the first round first games.

By the way it is 6-nil, I guess you were right Capt., you assshole.

Take the road teams in sports action, Big Pay-out.

HOS

Hey Mighty Khalsa is on the Road on Sunday:eek:

ParkHead

May 27, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Bru-tal

Out of it from the first minute. But what really scares me is Cloutier doesn't look good at all. we might have to win with Mr. Auld in the pipes.:eek: We need Ohlund!!!

ParkheadNuckswillstillwinthisseries

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Freaking Headache...

Show up few minutes late to my buddies and we already down 2. Brutal game tonite. 10 shots at the end of 2nd. Nobody wants to hit, nobody wants to shoot. Osgood was all over the place. To many penalties, Ref's gotta let em play. Was morrison out there tonite??? Cloutier, not looking good. Even though they were on PP most of nite, goals let in were sub par. especially that 5th goal how did that get in.

Best Canuck(and only one) : Brandon Reid-played well for a rookie
Worst CAnuck(most of team but one that stuck out): Sopel... no comment.

Start Auld next Game!!!

I still believe!!! it's only one game!!!!

goes up to 4. let's go boys!!!
:wa:

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Was unfortunate to attend the Massacre at GM Place tonight. The Blues manhandled us the whole night. No passion, no grit, no skill, no finesse..........absolutely nothing. The officiating was not the difference, but it was also horrible. This could get ugly....I'm really hoping there is some charachter in that dressing room.....and lastly, Naslund was horrible, haven't seen him play like that, since his days with Tom Renny. The best part of the evening was the bevy of talent at the arena and watching Pauly Kariya score in OT, in between periods.

Sandman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0