Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Round 1: Canucks vs. Blues

How will this series pan out?

• Canucks in four.:D

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Blues in four.:mad:

• Canucks in five.:D

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Blues in five.:mad:

• Canucks in six.:D

Votes: 19 46.3%
  • Blues in six.:mad:

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Canucks in seven.:D

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • Blues in seven.:mad:

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
AULD.

I don't want to talk about the game. It will make me sad, and I might cry. Although some think it is very manly to cry(Ballbaby)I don't, and won't do it here at work.

One word though. AULD.

I do want to talk about Greg Millen. Why does he hate Vancouver so much? Did the Canucks teams he faced as a keeper riddle him for seven or eight every time they met? Here's an example of his dislike to our, um, hero's.

Early in the first, there is a face off to the right of Cloutier. After the faceoff Podien jumps onto Matt Cooke. Straddles him and tries to have sex with him. They flop to the ice like two lovers up at Central Park. Podien wraps his hand and arm around Cookes neck in a gentle grasp of love. He won't let him up he loves him so much. Millen then pipes up and says, "Cooke better watch himself here. He's asking for a penalty. He won't let Podien up!" Even after the replay clearly showed Podien was the one who initiated the mating, Millen insisted that Cooke was the aggressor.

If he hates the Canucks so much, why doesn't he tell the CBC that he doesn't want to do Canucks games anymore? Maybe he should go work the Leaf games with Harry and Bob. I'm sure he'd have a better time there.

One more word. AULD

fat monkey

Oct 3, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I'm gutted after watching that debacle last night. Cloutier couldn't be faulted for either of the first two, but he looked rattled after that and all of the last four were stoppable. But he certainly wasn't the worst player.

Naslund - floated all night
Bertuzzi - stupid early penalty and was invisible
Sopel - fcuking brutal coverage on the second goal and throughout the night
Daniel Sedin - how many times did he give the puck away? Fell down every shift
Jovanovski - strolled around like it was a pick-up game
Klatt - tried way too hard. Missed a gimme in the first

Leave Reid in the lineup. He was the only player trying last night. Bring in Lindgren and sit either Letowski or Daniel. Maybe insert Ruuttu for some grit as well. Make Ohlund healthy - now! Bryan Allen is still a year or two away from being good enough to help in the playoffs.

Cloutier deserves a second shot. The team in front of him was grotesque. I still think he is capable of winning this series. I just don't know if last night will take too much out of them.:(

Mad Monkey

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Not Clouts' fault

I didn't think Cloutier played that bad. As monkey said, he wasn't to fault on the first 2 goals, or the powerplay goal that he couldn't see coming because our 2 defensmen stood beside Tkachuk as he screened Cloutier.

Did our defensemen forget how to lay a body on someone?

Lindgren has back spasms but hopefully will be back soon and definately keep Reid in, he was a menace out there.

I must admit though, although it's no excuse, Naslund and Morrison got burned for a couple of penalties that were obvious dives.

Nash has to be one of the worst divers on the ice.

bertrum

Sep 9, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Canucks...

Bar-b-que, pints and by the 3rd I was almost asleep. Shocking performance. Reid and Linden the only ones with any jump. Can't really blame Cloutier though. Jovo was horid. Maybe they are tired? On the team 1040 this morning Tony Gallagher was saying that the Canucks had 2 very tough practices. He questioned this because he said other teams were trying to rest and heal a bit. They looked disinterested, no emotion, Reid and Naslund only 2 real chances. Osgood looks SO SHAKEY. I think if we can come out and get the first goal the floodgates will open - that's if.

bertrumfeelingbloatedbecauseofthe2doublebaconcheeseburgershehadlastnight:(

Sandman

Jul 26, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it is asinine that The Rob would even think of Auld. A 22 year old who can't even be a star in the minors. Dan is the Man and he has to know that. Last night, Cloutier was very sharp early on........it could have been 4-0 at the end of the first, he only slipped on his concentration when it was obvious that the pilon's in front of him were taking the night off.

As for Osgood, I agree he was fighting the puck all night (all fcuking 10 shots after two periods), but more importantly, he probably thinks he's a superstar now that he shutout one of the highest scoring teams in the league.

Psychology is soooooo important this time of year.

Sandman

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I think it is asinine that The Rob would even think of Auld. A 22 year old who can't even be a star in the minors. Dan is the Man
Now, where have I heard that before TheRob? ;)

I agree totally Sandman.

The Cancks haven't lost 3 in a row all year have they? I think Jinky asked that question too, but I can't be fcuked to find out if it was answered or not. They'll be OK as long as the score the first

Argyle

Feb 22, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
Its a good thing this is a best of seven series...after last nights display we might need all seven.

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

TheRob

Jul 4, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I seriously hope that he comes back and makes me look like an idiot. Some would say I look like one all the time, but you get what I mean.

I still think the Canucks should win this series. I just have some doubts regarding Cloutier. Is he 100%? He definitely hasn't played enough down the stretch. I'd give him one more game. They can't afford to fcuk around here.

Asinine.:rolleyes:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
For my two bits I agree with TheRob. One more game for Cloutier and if he is weak then he is gone. He looked like crap on all the goals. How can you not lay some of the blame at his feet? There is no room for fcuking around. Also, as has been stated before the reffing may have not decided the game but it was horrible. It's horseshit when the Blues are allowed to bend the rules but the Canucks aren't.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Clout's defense

In Clouts' defense, if your sitting in your goal watching the whole game from his view and see that your team looks like shite and your getting pummeled (sp?) with shots, would you feel confident in net?

I don't think Osgood had a good game as much as the Canucks just had a terrible game and couldn't hit the net.

How many times on powerplays did the Canucks shoot over, or wide, of the net and the puck went around the boards and out the other side of the blue line. Maybe if they actually hit the net they might get a rebound or something.

Regs

Staff member
Total Bastard
Jun 28, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Crap on all the goals?!!? Come on man!!!

1st goal: No chance on a deflection from the slot.

2nd goal: 100% Sopel's doing!!! Why the fcuk did he leave his man to go behind the net? It was then that very blue he left scored... on his second try at that, only because Clouts made a great save on the first attempt.

He had no help from the get-go :mad: Sopel needs to sit when Ohlund comes back.

Naslund is the one people should be pointing fingers at as well this morning for last night, bottomline. Ill-timed penalties, lack of leadership, lack of intensity. He needs to pick it up and noone should be saying "well, it's the playoffs and they were double-teaming him"... Great leaders/players find ways. He needs to step up now or I'm afraid this team will go nowhere for years to come when it really counts.

~Regs.

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Cloutier...

I also hope Cloutier proves me wrong and can take us to the finals. I just dont' think of Cloutier as a number 1 and a goalie that will take his team to the finals. The reason i would put in Auld is just to give cloutier a kick in the arse. So when he does come back he will be unbeatable(even if the canucks are shorthanded for 10),

Game 2 7pm another BBQ..... LOve the playoffs!!!

BJB

Sep 27, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Yes Regs...

I agree wiht Regs of Sopel having to sit. That guy play 20 to many minutes yesterday. i think he had the most ice time for the worst defensemen. someone tell him how to wear his mouthgaurd. he could get hurt not wearing it properly... :rolleyes:

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
What are you Kirk Mclean in disguise, Regs? Blame everyone on the team but the goalie! Blame the defence, blame the offence, blame the fans, blame the coaches. Give me a break. From the "get-go" Cloutier was shaky. My fcuking grandma has faster reactions and she's dead. Let's see you blame Sopel when Cloutier lets in another hundred-footer.

knvb

Aug 17, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I love it when the bandwagon wheels are loose.

Dap, I'm sorry for the lose of your banana, that last post was obviously the result of the pent up anger.Your judgment was clearly clouded. If it is at all possible to be clearly clouded. You should feel better now.

Sopel and "Nazzey" where shoc-king last night, Cloutier was human, but after the 3rd went in, it was down hill for everyone. Some were already at the bottom, so he was pretty much by himself. Is it his fault too, that the Canucks DIDN'T fcuking score? Is it his fault they only had 10 shots through two periods?

Dapotayto

Oct 2, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Well, it's obvious Cloutier should be absolved of all responsibility for losing two goals in the first two minutes. In the playoffs it never matters if the goalie plays well only the skaters. J.S. Giguere should not get any accolades for stopping sixty-two shots from the defending Stanley Cup Champions last night. No, it was just the guys playing in front of him who obviously were perfect and that's why the Ducks won. Bottom line is keep the fcuking puck out of the net and give your team a chance to win. No team wins with a sieve between the pipes.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
I foot on the ground

I'm not off the bandwagon yet but I have one foot dangling precariously close the the edge of it gettin ready to jump.
:D

As for Clouts I thought he made some really good saves last night. Take for instance the second goal, he made a great save but then nobody picked up Nash righ in front of the net before he put in the rebound.

As I said before he needs to see his team playing well in front of him in order to play well. When you see your team struggling and playing like shite, it's hard have confidence.

Yoda

Staff member
Lifetime Better Bastard
Jul 25, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Remembering the game

Something that really pissed me off last night about the Blues, other than Nash spending half the game on his ass, was Keith Tkachuck stopping the Baron/Mellanby fight. What an idiot.
Then the next play I see him taking runs at the Canucks heavyweight Henrik Sedin.

****ing pussy, either play physical or don't. Your up 5-0 who gives a **** if Mellanby wants to fight. Let him.
:rolleyes:

I thought for sure that Baron was going to kick his ass since Mellanby couldn't even win the fight with his elbow pad.

Raiguy

Jul 26, 2002
Tokens
Dirty Money
I agree with dap in one respect.....regardless of how bad goalies play they are never faulted by anyone, including themselves...............I suppose goalies are just too "SENSITIVE"....retarded..........i dont care how bad a game the canuck players played but when you let in 6 goals on 29 shots you are just as much to blame as anyone else on the ice.....I don't know if its just me but ive never felt comfortable having cloutier in net....i can see another possible lidstrom in this series...he looked skeptical an all those long range shots by McInnis and Pronger.....but thats just me

P.S. I simulated the exact playoffs on my ps2 and the canucks beat philly in the finals so........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0