Welcome to the TTP community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Presidents Cup Presidents Cup 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

wr_ballack

Mar 5, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
The Guildford game was a very tough matchup. We felt that we gave Guildford everything we had in that first half. I feel that the turning point was that special bounce on the first goal with a couple minutes left in the first half that went off our defender. He made a great effort to block the shot and it took a terribly unlucky deflection into the back of the net. We knew we had to change our strategy going into the 2nd half and take a few more risks, as we are generally more of a reserved, defensive team and usually rely on shutting down other teams. In this cup especially, we have just grinded teams all the way to the end and win 1 goal games, or in pk's. Just playing shut down defense to give ourselves a chance to win. The 2nd half, Guildford just overwhelmed us with their speed, ball movement and non-stop pressure on the ball. They showed us why they are a top-notch div 2 team and hats off to them. We do however feel that we can compete with teams like them in the future in div 2 (and Guildford mentioned on a couple of occasions post-game that we deserve to be in div 2 as well). Anyways, the final should be a great match between FVRD and Guildford, the game is just up the road from my house, so I plan on checking it out.

I also just wanted to say that I'm so proud of my Vault guys for a great year. We managed to be the only div 3 team in the final four while only being 6th place in 3B. Just goes to show that when you buy into the system and work your tails off that anything can happen. Great season guys!

Titan4Life

Mar 24, 2005
Tokens
Dirty Money
Still nothing from House or Johnny BlueNose??? Guess there's not much to say. Just didn't have it last night. That being said, you should be proud of your Cup run. It takes a lot of strong efforts to get that far and you guys deserved making it to that point! Hats off and hope to share beers with y'all at the Finals following some 7 v. 7.

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Nomads said they will not be in the 7 vs 7 tourney....
Come on guys you only need 7...you can do it...it wont be the same without you...besides you owe us all a BBQ....

housearrest

Dec 5, 2001
Tokens
Dirty Money
Body is hurt, pride is hurt, got out worked in every aspect of the game. They def have the skill but what set it apart was 2 things: fitness and desire. They wanted it far more than us and it showed.

Won't be playing in 7 a side. Time for surgery for me. But since I couldn't find someone to do the bbq last night I will prob bring it out to the finals and have some hotdogs and chicken for everyone

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats again to FVRD and Guildford United.

I'm still upset over this game.

I don't mind losing if we lose to a team that is just far superior to us... but to lose a game where we play like horse-bleep for the first 25 minutes and then chase the game because of a lack of will and desire just irks me. We didn't win one 50-50, didn't beat anyone to anything in the air, and were total pussies in the tackle for the first half hour, by then it was 2-0 on a nice build up play and then a long bomb shot that dipped on Housearrest at the last minute (A rare miscue from an outstanding keeper who kept us in it all season and cup, easily our MVP!)

I know it's no excuse as every team has injuries etc at this time of year, but i would love another shot at FVRD with a healthy top 5 players in our lineup and one of our beast utility guys not on holidays... maybe a pre season friendly next fall?

Congrats to both teams on their success so far, we'll see you at the finals!

I don't think I'm pulling for anyone in particular, just curious as to how this game will shape up considering that both teams play identical styles and games on the park, will be interesting to see who the home team is as they wear the same kit too...

Also be interesting to see how these teams play on grass, as both teams are tailor made for the high speed game that turf offers up, assuming the game is on grass...

ghouse

May 30, 2006
Tokens
Dirty Money
Your pride is hurt???you guys did way better than your record and you knocked us out..Lame excuse if your not at the 7 vs 7
You only need 7 so dont say you have no players...ralley the fricken troops and fire up the BBQ

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
We don't have 7 guys (in all reality we'd need 10-12 if we wanted any subs)

We have hurt:
2 CMF'ers, 2 strikers, 3 Defenders, our keeper... and 5 of our roster flaked all the way down the last 8 or so games of the year... Some Nomads will be at the finals to partake in the festivities from the confines of the beer gardens ;)

I'm sure PAU-Nation will have the BBQ and Beer gardens covered as usual.

As far as our record, we did what we expected to do, maybe we fell short of our own expectations... We knew we weren't going to challenge for promotion after our first games against you guys and Guildford, so we ramped everything up for cup... to fall short sucks, there's always next year :)

4thplacetrophy

Mar 3, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Congrats again to FVRD and Guildford United.

I'm still upset over this game.

I don't mind losing if we lose to a team that is just far superior to us... but to lose a game where we play like horse-bleep for the first 25 minutes and then chase the game because of a lack of will and desire just irks me. We didn't win one 50-50, didn't beat anyone to anything in the air, and were total pussies in the tackle for the first half hour, by then it was 2-0 on a nice build up play and then a long bomb shot that dipped on Housearrest at the last minute (A rare miscue from an outstanding keeper who kept us in it all season and cup, easily our MVP!)

I know it's no excuse as every team has injuries etc at this time of year, but i would love another shot at FVRD with a healthy top 5 players in our lineup and one of our beast utility guys not on holidays... maybe a pre season friendly next fall?

Congrats to both teams on their success so far, we'll see you at the finals!

I don't think I'm pulling for anyone in particular, just curious as to how this game will shape up considering that both teams play identical styles and games on the park, will be interesting to see who the home team is as they wear the same kit too...

Also be interesting to see how these teams play on grass, as both teams are tailor made for the high speed game that turf offers up, assuming the game is on grass...

the red devils home field is grass.

Reds-16

Nov 26, 2008
Tokens
Dirty Money
Red Revils played more games on grass than turf this year as thier home pitch is grass and 3 or 4 away games as well,but also very skilled on turf so they may have a slight advantage.

Predict 3-1 Red Devils

WestCoast

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
If anyone needs a fat slob to play some 7 a side I'm down. After 2 years of entering my team didn't bother this year but would love to play some footy. If not I will be there for sure unlike missing the semi's(sucks having a life.)

bulljive

Nov 19, 2003
Tokens
Dirty Money
How did you know they were going to sign 2 more players?! Although they signed them this week...:wa:

Complete Bush League. I just saw that on the website. Honestly I can't believe the league allows this, first game cup final.

johnnybluenose

Oct 15, 2004
Tokens
Dirty Money
unbelievable... how do you find, at this time of year and this far past transfer deadline, two guys, NEVERMIND 4 GUYS!, that can slide into a team that good and play in games of this importance, without not being signed to another team already!?

You mean to tell me that these guys haven't played all year!?

12676 HAMED RAHMANZADA March 04 2010 11:20 am
12677 RASHED RAHMANZADA March 04 2010 13:34 pm
12683 JORDON YIM March 21 2010 8:25 am
12686 ROBERT MAJOR March 26 2010 9:30 am

Riiiiiggghhhtt ;)

Anyone else drinking the kool-aid?

FFS...

Jay#7

Oct 1, 2007
Tokens
Dirty Money
I know the last 2 guys definitly haven't played all year...just because I am one of those guys. I'm returning from a torn ACL, so I didnt bother to sign with anyone this year...until this week.

PS Its great kool aid...you should try some...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Your TTP Wallet

Tokens
Dirty Money
TTP Dollars
$0